'bad luck protection' is a shared CD with all loot coins

Guess there are two things you can use this knowledge for:
    • only use mogu runes for current loot
    • build your 'bad luck protection' by running old content and using coins (only after winning loot in SoO)

Do you think its a good idea this protection is shared?

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think it means shared in the sense that if you go on a bad luck streak with elder charms, you have an increased chance for loot on your warforged seals.

it's shared in the sense that they all work the same way. the more coins you use, the higher chance you have to obtain loot from those coins.

I hope you realize that you could ask the same question to 12 different gms/csr and get 14 different answers.

they are notoriously bad about not knowing the finer details of how the game works. and sometimes even not fine details.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    Do you think its a good idea this protection is shared?
    It would be moronic if it would be so.

Elder Charms have 100% chance to give you loot now, in 5.4. So does it mean, that while doing some older LFRs for VP, if I use Charm it automatically removes all so-called "protection" (if it was there in first place, the whole mechanic of this "protection" is described so vague, it is doubtful it even exists)?

What concerns suggestions about current system (from quoted ticket in OP) - there are a lot of suggestions on WoW-related forums. But like with CRZ - "we listen to your suggestions", meanwhile filled 5.4 with such huge amount of RNG upon RNG in RNG from RNG, so it feels like you constantly playing lottery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i don't think it means shared in the sense that if you go on a bad luck streak with elder charms, you have an increased chance for loot on your warforged seals.

it's shared in the sense that they all work the same way. the more coins you use, the higher chance you have to obtain loot from those coins.
    I believe that's what the GM means too.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I hope you realize that you could ask the same question to 12 different gms/csr and get 14 different answers.

they are notoriously bad about not knowing the finer details of how the game works. and sometimes even not fine details.
    Yeah. This aswell :P

Several times has GM's told me they couldn't help, but I just keep the ticket open, until eventually a GM actually does help, and then apoligizes for the others.

Hah so true.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So in short, don't use coins if you don't have a decent chance of an upgrade? Makes sense to me, common sense.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    It would be moronic if it would be so.

Elder Charms have 100% chance to give you loot now, in 5.4. So does it mean, that while doing some older LFRs for VP, if I use Charm it automatically removes all so-called "protection" (if it was there in first place, the whole mechanic of this "protection" is described so vague, it is doubtful it even exists)?

What concerns suggestions about current system (from quoted ticket in OP) - there are a lot of suggestions on WoW-related forums. But like with CRZ - "we listen to your suggestions", meanwhile filled 5.4 with such huge amount of RNG upon RNG in RNG from RNG, so it feels like you constantly playing lottery.
    Are you positive on that 100% for Elder Charms? I'm pretty sure I've pulled gold a number of times in 5.0 raids in the past couple of weeks using the Charms.

10+ Year Old Account

Yup, and some could just be outright lying to you.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2013-10-15 at 06:10 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Are you positive on that 100% for Elder Charms? I'm pretty sure I've pulled gold a number of times in 5.0 raids in the past couple of weeks using the Charms.
    It doesn't give you loot 100% of the time (in fact I would say there's no sign of a cumulative loot protection across all bosses, for that matter). I spent Elder charms on every Tier 14 boss this week and came up with an actual item 3 times.

That was either some hypothetical or he's very wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone has stated before most GM's just randomly give you an answer because truthfully some of you are gullible enough to believe it :P

Deleted
    There is no BL protection in the game, the Timeless Isle rare drops are the best example for its absence. Not a single Snow Stone dropped after over 12000 Yaungol Chanter kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There is no BL protection in the game, the Timeless Isle rare drops are the best example for its absence. Not a single Snow Stone dropped after over 12000 Yaungol Chanter kills.
    BL protection only work in raid coin

Firstly, he directly admits he isn't sure ("From what I understand...")
    Secondly, he is just a GM. He has no deeper insight in the code. Ask another, and you'll get another answer.
    Thirdly he doesn't say they use the same probability increase. All he says is they all share the same "bad luck protection" system, meaning you get an increased chance after winning gold. You interpreted that they also share the same probability increase which he didn't say directly.

So what you can use this knowledge for is nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Firstly, he directly admits he isn't sure ("From what I understand...")
    Secondly, he is just a GM. He has no deeper insight in the code. Ask another, and you'll get another answer.
    Thirdly he doesn't say they use the same probability increase. All he says is they all share the same "bad luck protection" system, meaning you get an increased chance after winning gold. You interpreted that they also share the same probability increase which he didn't say directly.

So what you can use this knowledge for is nothing.
    Most of the time you get a bag with 25-30g, but sometimes you get one with over 100g, maybe THAT is what BL protection is.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been told 2 weeks ago (cant find the screenshot sadly) that the protection only works for Elder Charms / Mogu Runes.
    Reason for this: according to the GM, is to make sure people who gear up alts or new players get geared up kinda quickly to a new raid tier

brb gonna look for that screenshot:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    [*]build your 'bad luck protection' by running old content and using coins (only after winning loot in SoO)
    That'll work great when you win something on the lower tier and it resets.

and yes, I think it's a good idea for loot protection to be shared, it's already pretty generous to be giving out extra rolls without making them so guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    and yes, I think it's a good idea for loot protection to be shared, it's already pretty generous to be giving out extra rolls without making them so guaranteed.
    This, a million times. If you had told a raider pre-MoP that there would be a mechanic that allowed for a second chance at loot each week on 3 different bosses, they would have been overjoyed. Now, 3 patches in, all you hear is "I only got gold" or "I went x rolls without loot."

How about we enjoy what we have rather than complain about every possible facet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    This, a million times. If you had told a raider pre-MoP that there would be a mechanic that allowed for a second chance at loot each week on 3 different bosses, they would have been overjoyed. Now, 3 patches in, all you hear is "I only got gold" or "I went x rolls without loot."

How about we enjoy what we have rather than complain about every possible facet?
    Because it sucks to have used 15 coins and only gotten an item that had dropped already (only person who could 'use' it - better dropped same reset) and then seeing others get 3 items in a row. Venting helps.