Thread: Post Your UI

Updating my UI currently, found the old one too big. Currently I'm done with my unit frames completely. My eclipse bar, procs and visible action bars are almost certainly done as well, not 100% sure though. Everything else is WIP, especially my raid frames and boss timers. Others might just stay as they are.

I pretty much stole Thorim's (#10760) unit frames, thanks!

In combat:

Out of combat:

Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    Your experience(?) bar looks really weird when the statusbar texture overlaps the border.

Your DBM timers look a bit out of place too, but otherwise it seems fairly solid. I'd try to get them in line with your raid frames.

Also, although this is obviously personal preference, I'd tone down the opacity on the portraits as I think they stand out a bit too much.
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I know of the alignment issues, just haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. I've just up to now just tried getting the initial layout up and running. I have limited time as it's really busy at work, but I'll get them fixed asap :P

That bar is not experience but rather the alternate power bar and yeah I do agree it does look wierd so I'll get that fixed!
    Personally I don't really have any "problems" with the opacity as is, but I will try toning them down just to compare!

Once again, thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Updating my UI currently, found the old one too big. Currently I'm done with my unit frames completely. My eclipse bar, procs and visible action bars are almost certainly done as well, not 100% sure though. Everything else is WIP, especially my raid frames and boss timers. Others might just stay as they are.

In combat:

Out of combat:
    Looks nice, though the minimap and buff frame looks kind of out of place to me.

P.S. Grats on garrosh :>
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

In combat:

Out of combat:
    this is quite nice! Would you mind uploading the basic setup?

Quote Originally Posted by blancoo View Post
    this is quite nice! Would you mind uploading the basic setup?
    Yeah, but later. I want to finish with everything before uploading it. Small update to the UI though, minimap and buff frames redone! (Thanks Xintic!)

Yeah, but later. I want to finish with everything before uploading it. Small update to the UI though, minimap and buff frames redone! (Thanks Xintic!)

You really need a DoT tracking addon on a DoT class I'd reccomend
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php...=3177&start=40

A good place for it would be just over your target frame. This would just be for multidot tracking. Recommend deleting the folder called ForteCooldown in the interface folder.

What's your eclipse bar addon and what are the numbers on top of the sun and moon icons currently?

I maybe should've mentioned that my name plates are not visible because target dummies are tagged (grey) mobs and don't show them for some reason. That is my method of tracking dots on multiple targets. And regarding dots, the numbers on top of the icons are exactly my dots' length, orange for sunfire and blue for moonfire.

The eclipse bar is made with BPT with the minimalist texture for the bar and some other small things changed.

I maybe should've mentioned that my name plates are not visible because target dummies are tagged (grey) mobs and don't show them for some reason. That is my method of tracking dots on multiple targets. And regarding dots, the numbers on top of the icons are exactly my dots' length, orange for sunfire and blue for moonfire.

The eclipse bar is made with BPT with the minimalist texture for the bar and some other small things changed.
    I am curious how u track dot when ur camera is turn to a mob, the mob is too tall and nameplate is above the screen and when TP doesn't update duration automatically/dynamically. Sounds sub-optimal no offense, but maybe i miss something.

You can solve TP not updating dots just by mouseovering the targets. But otherwise I haven't yet noticed an issue with this setup. If a target isn't on boss frames or it's name plate isn't showing, it's not important enough. Also after so many years of moonkinning, I can pretty much tell when to dot again without even looking at the dots. You can anyways choose to either re-dot or just switch eclipse for higher NG uptime etc and it's pretty much +-0 still.

Anyways, back to UI. My philosophy is that don't change something that doesn't need it. I have yet to encounter a situation where this hasn't been a good enough solution and I don't really fancy forteXorcist for some reason. Maybe the looks of TP is something that will make me change things, but I'll look into that later.

awesome, thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    I am curious how u track dot when ur camera is turn to a mob, the mob is too tall and nameplate is above the screen and when TP doesn't update duration automatically/dynamically. Sounds sub-optimal no offense, but maybe i miss something.
    He stated the numbers you see over the Eclipse icons are his DoT timers. Therefore the camera angle will have no effect on the visibility nor will nameplates have an impact on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacritz View Post
    He stated the numbers you see over the Eclipse icons are his DoT timers. Therefore the camera angle will have no effect on the visibility nor will nameplates have an impact on it.
    On one target (assuming current target) so on a fight like spoils or DA there's going to be a lot of guesswork... Regardless this isn't the place to discuss optimizing UI, I simply asked him his methods of DoT tracking. If you wish to further discuss the issue shoot me a pm, otherwise this isn't the place for debate.

Deleted
    By far the best looking UI I've seen for a long time.

Definetly You must upload it:

Gratz for Garrosh

I understood "later" as "in the day". Now i stayed up way too long and have to live with the disappointment

Deleted
    Hi iLive

Is your UI still available for use? I used to love your UI and always been a frequent user, however on wowinterface it says it was last updated in 2011.
    Wonder if you're making it public again ! would be awsome

Deleted
    This is what i run with
    Some ppl may recognise it

Deleted
    Towellieeeeeeeeee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbO0WKjmGo

messing around with that, the yin-yang are player health pools associated with classes, and they do progress down.

I forgot music was playing at the time but eh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    link removed

messing around with that, the yin-yang are player health pools associated with classes, and they do progress down.

I forgot music was playing at the time but eh.
    This is actually really impressive. Is the Yin/Yang stuff just a frame set up to update when you get a new target? I guess something like WeakAuras could do this quite easily.
    Is the Yin/Yang textures clickable? Have you thought of adding the dropdown-menu functionality to it that you typically see on UnitFrames?

I'd love to see where you take this forward. Didn't expect to be surprised by a UI today.