Poll: Thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Anyone Not Looking Forward to Stat Squish?

With Mists of Pandaria, our characters have gotten really powerful. Tanks have broken 1 million health, DPS do a few hundred thousand DPS, and so forth.

But there's a strong indication, I think, that in the next expansion we'll have item level toned down and our characters severely weakened. How do you feel about that? Are you alright with it, or do you prefer getting even stronger next expansion?

I'm looking forward to it if Blizzard goes all the way. If they make us do 20k dps in t17.. what's the point.

Those poll options are horribly biased.

The stat squish cannot come soon enough. It is incredibly needed.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post

both statements are correct.

edit:
    also i want to add that MistsofBoredom has not understood what the item squish means.
    Last edited by brirrspliff; 2013-10-15 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.

Without going into the realm of opinion or the insipid blatant fallacy that is "hardware limitations", why exactly is it needed? Can you explain to me that without a reasonable doubt that we somehow need a stat squish in order for the game to be better in some possible way?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

As long as it doesn't affect my ability to solo old content, I give a grand total of 0 shits.

How will you be weaker? Do you know how proportions work?

I remember by Warrior tank with over 17k unbuffed HP at the end of BC... Wasn't the best, but I was damn proud haha.

Honestly, I don't care. It's all relative.

It'll have a huge outcry at first, then everyone will forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night, while you were asleep, everything in the universe doubled in size. Do you feel twice as powerful?
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    Buddha

The simple solution is for Blizzard to go back to having armor with like, 38 armor points, but this time they stick a K at the end, to denote for thousands (ie, 38k armor).

Problem solved.

This poll is terribly biased. Characters aren't getting weaker. It's not like they are squishing just player stats and leaving everything else untouched...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect my ability to solo old content.
    This right here.....
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Last night, while you were asleep, everything in the universe doubled in size. Do you feel twice as powerful?
    Last night, while you were asleep, everything in the universe shrunk to half size in order to please the raging blind masses that are incapable of understanding numbers larger than they can count to and to address "hardware limitations" that don't exist, only to end up creating a talking nexus that's been plaguing this forum since the people who suggested it thought it was a good idea to go forward with one choice only to back out later and attempt to fall on the other.

I tried really hard to keep the reverse of what you said in context, sadly I failed.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

maybe for you for me not so much it'S PoV issues you know there are ppl who like big numbers that just reflects the character progression if we were doing 20k dps suddenly i would just feel weaker thats how i feel about it, what we DO need is the stop of ability bloat and reduction of CC this is a thing that most ppl agree on
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Without going into the realm of opinion or the insipid blatant fallacy that is "hardware limitations", why exactly is it needed? Can you explain to me that without a reasonable doubt that we somehow need a stat squish in order for the game to be better in some possible way?
    oh, i can do it. because doing 100.000.000.000.000 dmg is stupid when the boss has 100.000.000.000.000.000.000 hp. the numbers simply got too big to be convenient and blizzard knows this, as do we.

Your poll doesn't have the option I am looking for so I am not voting..

I am really looking forward to the squish and no my character isn't getting weaker when everything else will be balanced to work around the squish..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Characters aren't going to get any weaker with stat squish. The numbers are just going to be smaller. I welcome numbers that are reasonable again.

the raging blind masses that are incapable of understanding numbers larger than they can count to
    pffft. step down from your high horse if you want to be taken seriously.

The item squish is 100% necessary and needed.

the raging blind masses that are incapable of understanding numbers larger than they can count
    It's more like you can't comprehend what is relative and need feel like your amazing because you can do eleventy billion dps...