Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    6 or so weeks before MoP launched. I was so sick of DS and my guild did nothing but play the beta and log in to the game only for raid night even though everyone had the mount. Plus the game sucked, there was no incentive for me to actually be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing right before MoP was released. The only reason I really stopped playing was due to time constraints. I just really don't have the time to sink into WoW anymore with school and work being a thing.

If I could, I would be sitting in my dark cave gaming for hours on end like the good ol' days.

Between Patches, end of expansions. I don't like to pay for a game, that hasn't added new content for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    People complicate this topic too much I feel.

Having fun still? Then play
    Not having fun? Don't play
    People oversimplify this topic too much I feel.

Here's the thing: if you're on mmo-champ, chances are that you don't just like WoW - you love it (adore, really like, whatever verb you fancy). I've got over 2,000 posts on this forum not because it's an alright game, but because it's amazing and I want to discuss every aspect of it. Maybe I'm alone on this, but it's not enough for me to be told, "If you don't like it, don't play it." I want to know what people don't like about it (and why) to get more perspectives on this game.

Played pretty much non stop from launch to the start of Cata. Our guild disbanded in WLK so we were trying to start up again in Cata with loads of IRL friends returning and gathering on the same server, but after like a few months everyone had quit so I quit as well. Still really want to play WoW, but not in its current state. Been playing other games instead, mostly HON and DOTA 2.

I quit when my grades in college started to fall because of WoW. I don't have time to play MMORPGs anymore since I'm in college now and have to work and such. It sucks that I wasted years raiding 4-5 days a week 4 hours a night each night, instead of doing more productive things.

I've unsubbed for long periods before, never with the intentions of never re-upping though. If there's anything to interest me in the game I'll always check back in. I have a feeling Mists might be the last time for me though, most of my friends have quit and the thought of leveling through another xpac just doesn't really appeal to me right now. Things change though, so who knows?

Deleted
    Since you never really quit I'd say i started taking my break when the patch came out. School started and i don't find the time or attraction to play atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Started in jan 2006.
    Quits:
    1) LK ToC pvp champions boss. Fuck that shit. I was already pretty fed up with the game, this was the last straw. Came back after ~8 months.
    2) Cata Firelands. My IRL schedule finally forced me to quit, despite making my own late night raiding guild. I didn't really mind, the new heroic raids are horribly designed IMO. Normals pose no challenge and LFR is completely annoying. So these were not keeping me subbed.
    3) Few months after MoP release. I planned to play casually, clearing challenge modes and stuff, but I just wasn't motivated enough.
    Still have not returned.
    Looking forward to next expansion to quit again

Couple months ago.
    Didn't find PvP enjoyable and it was the only thing I did when I played.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I've stopped playing twice. First after 4.2 and then in august this year. I got bored of the game, primarily because it offered very little challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    When they anounced the in-game cash shop containing pay-to-win items.
    The XP-elixir for example.

I have to giggle at this. A XP elixir is hardly pay to win and it's not even as power as the FREE elixir you can get.

To the OP, you're asking on a WoW fan site why people quit WoW. I'm not sure you're going to get a very accurate sampling of data from those who respond.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    One doesn't. 5 million and counting do however.
    _
    melodramocracy is a pretty fitting namee

^.^
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    People oversimplify this topic too much I feel.

Here's the thing: if you're on mmo-champ, chances are that you don't just like WoW - you love it (adore, really like, whatever verb you fancy). I've got over 2,000 posts on this forum not because it's an alright game, but because it's amazing and I want to discuss every aspect of it. Maybe I'm alone on this, but it's not enough for me to be told, "If you don't like it, don't play it." I want to know what people don't like about it (and why) to get more perspectives on this game.
    Most recurring people here on MMO Champ are here for off topic forums that don't have anything to do with wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Most recurring people here on MMO Champ are here for off topic forums that don't have anything to do with wow.
    Fine. If you really want, delete my second sentence; that doesn't change my point.

Edit: Also, just did quick mental math, but the amount of people in the general WoW and class forums was a lot more than people in all the off-topic and video game forums.
    Last edited by lopk; 2013-10-15 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    About a year ago. Our numbers in guild were falling throughout Cata due to people quitting the game and it just was not possible for us to get in enough reasonable quality recruits to make up the deficit, so at the start of MoP, things were looking pretty grim.

I levelled my main to 90 and felt that Pandaria didn't really grab me and suck me into the story in the way that Outland and Northrend did. For the first time in a brand new expansion, levelling felt like a chore. At 90 I did a few dungeons and heroic dungeons, wanting to set about gearing up so I could be ready to start raiding, possibly with a new guild as our situation was pretty dire (bearing in mind I was a founder member of my guild which had been going 7 years). Again, as the questing zones didn't pull me in, the new dungeons left me feeling a bit underwhelmed too.

The interminable number of dailies, and requiring rep to access vendors was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Rep grinds and/or dailies have never been my cup of tea - my only exalted factions were those that you gained rep with passively when running dungeons or raids, or those that you could acquire rep with by wearing tabards. So I decided that sticking around only to satisfy my (waning) enjoyment from raiding was just not worth it, so threw in the towel.

I've been toying with the idea of renewing my WoW sub, because although I've been playing GW2 and have enjoyed it, I really miss healing. It's annoying that newer MMOs seem to be moving away from the 'Holy Trinity' model. I mean, I can see WHY they'd want to do it, but for those (like myself) that much prefer a particular role that is no longer really catered to... It's not great. I'll probably hang on to see what's announced at Blizzcon.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive quit about 6-7 times i kid you not. i always try to find another MMO but nothing comes close to WoW IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    One doesn't. 5 million and counting do however.
    4.3M to be exact and that's for a game that is almost 9 year old. Impressive idd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I started in 2005, I've quit a million times due to RL shit but hey, I'm still here.

I started playing in late January 2005, and deleted my characters and closed my account on September 14, 2013. Figured a clean break was the way to go.

There wasn't any gameplay-related or community-related reason(s) for me quitting; I just wasn't enjoying the game anymore.

Nonetheless, I will be keeping up on things via MMOC and Nobbel's YouTube channel. I love the lore and the possibilities of where WoW might go next.