Poll: What was your favorite final raid?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Sunwell by far, pre nerf's it was hard as shit, it's a beautiful zone and has beautiful music, still is, I was also at the top of my game and height of experience in SW, I still solo it weekly just because I love and miss the place (alongside solo'ing TK/SSC/BT and so on also) I'm incredibly proud of my M'uru pre-nerf kill and KJ.

I wasn't raiding properly during ICC or DS so I can't really say much about them apart from casual stuff in ICC, but I still prefer Sunwell by just an edge.

SoO is not bad, wing 3 is pretty cool, only doing LFR currently so can't say much about wing 4, should really start doing flex...TOO MANY ALTS!
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-10-15 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Now that MoP is basically "over" in terms of raid content, poll on the best end of expansion raid...

For me it was a hard choice, I picked ICC over Sunwell because it was a longer raid and the Lich King was my favorite villain who I always wanted to fight in WoW.

Curious to see how many people actually pick Dragon Soul. :-P
    Black Temple... Not sure why, but I never thought of Sunwell as the end of expansion raid... I wasn't really into that hardcore of raiding at the time, so BT was the last raid I actually made any progression in before WotLK released. Only did trash and a boss or two in Sunwell when it was current.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Black Temple... Not sure why, but I never thought of Sunwell as the end of expansion raid... I wasn't really into that hardcore of raiding at the time, so BT was the last raid I actually made any progression in before WotLK released. Only did trash and a boss or two in Sunwell when it was current.
    Didn't Blizzard originally mean for BT to be the final raid? Blizzard didn't want Sunwell to be released in BC, but people were clearing/farming Black Temple too quickly (much faster than Blizzard anticipated), so something had to go in and fill that gap because Wrath was still far away.

I may be mistaken and can't quote it directly because it's been a long time, but I swear I think I read a blue post along those lines once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Didn't Blizzard originally mean for BT to be the final raid? Blizzard didn't want Sunwell to be released in BC, but people were clearing/farming Black Temple too quickly (much faster than Blizzard anticipated), so something had to go in and fill that gap because Wrath was still far away.

I may be mistaken and can't quote it directly because it's been a long time, but I swear I think I read a blue post along those lines once.
    They released 3 tiers worth of raid content (7 raid instances) within 4 months after BC was released.

People who voted sunwell like me should admit it was just nostalgia. Yes it had beautiful atmosphere, but the raid encounter mechanics were shit compared to what we have now. It was just simple mechanics with hard execution. 80% of the instance you don't even have to move as dps lol
    Last edited by Yizu; 2013-10-15 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post

I don't remember exactly how it happened, but yeah, I'm pretty sure BT was the "last" raid and then SW was added. Kind of like RS in WotLK.

Deleted
    Icecrown Citadel is superb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Definitely Naxxramas. Not sure why it has so few votes tho. It continues to be the best Raid instance in all of Warcraft.
    Naxx 40??? Bug ridden, it was awful....