Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Greed isn't good, it doesn't spur anything except more greed, I'm going to use Call of Duty as an example. Activision is greedy, they make new call of duty games EVERY year.

Between those games there is little to no innovation, just more cookie cutter shooters.

"Build a better mouse trap, and the buyers will come. Build an average mouse trap, and someone will build a better one." that isn't an argument for greed, that is an argument for innovation, it has nothing to do with greed.
    You realize people wouldn't buy those games if they didn't like them right? No one is holding a gun to anyones head forcing them to buy Activision and Blizzard Entertainment products. A company can be greedy all it likes but it has to produce a product people want in order to make a profit. Your personal distaste for both Wow and Call of Duty is completely irrelevant and I think that right there is what burns most of you up.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has stated (Ill try to find the link) that they are usually 2 expansions ahead of current content with ideas usually 3-4 ahead. They also stated they didnt expect Wow to go past WOTLK and it has FAR exceeded the companies expectations. And that they are gonna be around for at LEAST another 10 yrs at the rate things are going...

10+ Year Old Account
    They've said multiple times that they'll keep on making expansions as long as people keep on playing the game. If they pace it properly and don't pack every single dangling plot thread into one or two expansions, then they could milk a looootttt of expansions yet.

Also tweaked the title a bit. People use the word "confirmed" too capriciously these days.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-10-15 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    you don't kill the goose that lays golden eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That's rubbish, You have zero idea what you're talking about, at the current rate of sub decline the game will still have millions of players after 2 expacs, Just because the last few quarters have been dropping doesn't mean we will have less than a million left after a couple expacs, it means as the expac has gone on, people have left, which you know, happens.

Doomsayers get more clueless every day.
    Many people here are far, far too invested in the death of Wow. Like I said they can't let it go until the game is dead. Most normal people would have moved on to different games years ago rather than obsessing about a game they no longer enjoy and over a company they no longer respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Also tweaked the title a bit. People use the word "confirmed" too capriciously these days.
    Even before the title was changed there was a question mark at the end of the sentence which indicates that the title was a question rather than a statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    you don't kill the goose that lays golden eggs.
    But you'd get all the eggs at once!

If we follow through with this metaphor, I think it means that we'd get all the expansions now if we killed everyone at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They scrapped what they had for Titan to start over, this gives wow at least another 6-8 years, and if they can rebuild the game engine so more complex systems can be added it will make it that long.
    Titan has nothing to do with Wow. They are meant for two entirely different markets using two entirely different payment models. One has nothing to do with the other and this is something else Blizzard has said repeatedly yet you people won't stop perpetuating this nonsense.

I would say based on major lore villains left, there are at minimum, 3-4 expansion left. And that's the minimum.

• Azshara
    • Kil'Jaeden
    • Remaining Old Gods
    • Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    OP isn't saying anything is confirmed or that WoW is ending, he is simply asking.
    You guys need to chill out and think before grabbing those pitchforks.
    Maybe you should do the same? The title of the thread had the word confirmed in it as mentioned by more than a few other people. If you are going to white knight for someone you might want to actually make sure you know what you are talking about. Even with the change in thread title this is still a pointless thread considering Blizzard has spoken about the lvl cap and expansions many times. The OP is flat out wrong and hs no actual source for anything he is saying.

they will create new villains until no one plays anymore. look forward to fighting anduin wrynn after his old god corruption in 2025 with your lvl 175 warlockshaman tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    That's rubbish, You have zero idea what you're talking about, at the current rate of sub decline the game will still have millions of players after 2 expacs, Just because the last few quarters have been dropping doesn't mean we will have less than a million left after a couple expacs, it means as the expac has gone on, people have left, which you know, happens.

Doomsayers get more clueless every day.
    It isn't getting any younger. I think a healthy population a few years down the road is excellent. If you think it's doomsaying to claim that the sub count will wind down in the distant future, then you've lost all touch with reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No it doesn't make sense. Not even remotely. For one, most games aren't going exclusively free to play and are using a mixed payment model where both subscription and free to play options are supported while also providing content patches and new expansions. Going free to play doesn't mean there will be no new content. Again look at games like EQ1. It has been free to play for a while and SOE is still making expansions for it. I think most people spouting off nonsense about free to play games haven't even logged into one for at least 2-3 years.
    Those expansions are not on the same scale. Blizzard is progressively ramping up the online-store for a reason. It will one day overtake the sub revenue. Not tomorrow or next year, but several years from now, you can bet on it. Blizzard is probably already is betting on it.

Maybe you should do the same? The title of the thread had the word confirmed in it as mentioned by more than a few other people. If you are going to white knight for someone you might want to actually make sure you know what you are talking about. Even with the change in thread title this is still a pointless thread considering Blizzard has spoken about the lvl cap and expansions many times. The OP is flat out wrong and hs no actual source for anything he is saying.
    "Confirmed" was followed by question mark thus the title was asking the question if the last two expansions had been confirmed or not. If it is such a pointless thread then why are you continuing to contribute to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Hey guys, I was talking in game with some people and they convinced me that 2 expansions to wow are left and they are already known.
    Well unless they were Blizzard employees undoubtedly breaking nondisclosure agreements then you were likely just talking to players who haven't anymore of a clue than you or anyone else has. Speculation is only speculation no matter how convincing someone tries to sell it.

I mean it's possible Blizz might have some vague ideas for what to do with the next-next one, but really, they're busy with the current next one at the moment and who knows if the entire storyline for that one, up until that expansion ends, is already known, let alone for the one after it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what he said, facts are what matters, and the fact is, we've never had heroic raid heirlooms before. Heroic raid heirlooms aren't the same as level 1 heirlooms.
    It does matter, since going with my theory would mean that even the heroic heirlooms would be replaced by level 95 heroic dungeons, and then regain value from level 96 on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Even before the title was changed there was a question mark at the end of the sentence which indicates that the title was a question rather than a statement.
    Is there any straw you won't try to grasp in order to justify yet more nonsensical posts? Nothing in what the OP posted implied that he was asking if this was confirmed. If the post was genuine then it is a case of say what you mean and mean what you say something many people on this site fail completely at but considering the number of posts the OP has I have a difficult time taking this thread seriously as it is common knowledge by now that there are more than two expansions in the works and they won't stop at lvl 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    It isn't getting any younger. I think a healthy population a few years down the road is excellent. If you think it's doomsaying to claim that the sub count will wind down in the distant future, then you've lost all touch with reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Those expansions are not on the same scale. Blizzard is progressively ramping up the online-store for a reason. It will one day overtake the sub revenue. Not tomorrow or next year, but several years from now, you can bet on it. Blizzard is probably already is betting on it.
    How is Blizzard "ramping up" the store? For NA/EU regions it only sells pets and mounts and don't even start in on that slippery slope bullshit. It isn't a slippery slope if there is no slipping actually happening. Again as I have said in other posts, mixed payment models for mmos are becoming industry standard so no, I highly doubt Wow will ever go free to play exclusively nor will it need to. Then there is the fact Blizzard flat out said there is very little demand for Blizzard store items aside from pets and mounts in NA/EU regions so "ramping up" the store would be a complete waste of time. As said repeatedly by Blizzard, those other items they are considering adding are for other markets, not us.

Is there any straw you won't try to grasp in order to justify yet more nonsensical posts? Nothing in what the OP posted implied that he was asking if this was confirmed. If the post was genuine then it is a case of say what you mean and mean what you say something many people on this site fail completely at but considering the number of posts the OP has I have a difficult time taking this thread seriously as it is common knowledge by now that there are more than two expansions in the works and they won't stop at lvl 100.
    I fail to see how an accepted rule of written English is grasping at straws, when you place a question mark at the end of a sentence that sentence becomes a question, the clue is the name of the punctuation used.

The last line the OP posted was "I thought about it and that really made sense. Are these really the most likely candidates for last 2 expansions?" clearly he is asking what others think about the matter. It would appear that you are reading into it something that is not there.

If you do not think this thread is serious why have you spent the last three hours posting in it?

About butchering and alienating fans of D3, look at this its most important to understand what was going on:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_North

"By June 2003 two new games were in production. However, on June 30, 2003, several key employees left Blizzard North to form the new companies Flagship Studios (8 moved here including Max Schaefer, Erich Schaefer, David Brevik and Bill Roper) and Castaway Entertainment (9 moved here).[citation needed] The Blizzard North exodus continued on with around 30 employees leaving the company in total."

So the Beta of D3 released about 2005 was so weak in vivendi's eyes that they scrap it and make a complete new diablo3 but without its original core designers, so there is hardly a surprise its very different in comparission to d1+d2 and i do not mean the technical differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    "Confirmed" was followed by question mark thus the title was asking the question if the last two expansions had been confirmed or not. If it is such a pointless thread then why are you continuing to contribute to it?
    And aside from that, where in the OP's post did he actually ask if it was confirmed? You are a terrible white knight. As far as why I'm posting here, it is because people like you and the OP and other malcontents here are hell bent on spreading as much misinformation and hate as possible and will go to any lengths to justify it. Whether you want to admit it or not this fansite has become more of a "hate site" so there needs to be people posting who actually still enjoy Blizzard games to balance out all the hate and vitriol. Trying to sidestep what the OP was blatantly attempting to do just goes to show how much this community has degraded.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to eat my friend, they don't do it because they can make people happy or express their artistic freedom. These are american companies ruled by greed.

They do this for money, it is a sad truth, but it is the truth.
    I said I didn't think it was just for the money (referencing EverQuest).

And please, let's not go down the road of "people needing to eat" or "clothe their families". Many, many people in the world do that on a far smaller budget than the likes of Street and his cronies are being paid.

All I really want to ask is this:

Was World of Warcraft better when they made epic raids like the Black Temple, had a difficulty curve in heroic dungeons, and designed the game to properly measure risk versus reward? Or do you think it's better in this age where raid content is hashed into four difficulties just to let everyone play it, and dungeons are scrapped to make people go into raids (as the only means of developing your character)?

It's up to you but, since Cataclysm, World of Warcraft has become a worse game as far as concerns me. I wouldn't presume to tell other people what they think, but the previous design team would never have argued that they didn't do something because they couldn't justify it to the bean counters. Nowadays we're told guaranteed success in the game's most exclusive content is a necessity for it to even be developed.

The result, of course, is that players are leaving. A full third of Cataclysm's high (12 million) has walked off.

The saddest part is that, despite all that, Blizzard are probably still making almost as much money as they were previously through all the micro-transactions the game now runs with.

I'm not saying you're not right, I'm not saying Blizzard shouldn't be in it for the money... But games, the best ones, are works of art. When you do it for money, rather than the love of it or the hope you'll inspire people, you start doing it for the wrong reasons and the product suffers.

Scenarios (cheap and quick to make) are in, dungeons (expensive and artistically demanding) are out. Compare "A Brewing Storm" to the likes of the original Blackrock Depths and tell me, with a straight face, that the game has improved.

That's where we are.