Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I quit with a few months left of Cata (summer 2012) mainly because i wasnt enjoying the game as much anymore and loads of people i played with had already quit.

I didnt like alot of the changes to the game during Cata and when i saw MoP i didnt like the direction even more. The game clearly being marketed at a younger audience with the cartoon kungfu panda concept and pokemon minigame incoming. After enjoying the dark atmosphere of Wrath and TBC the oriental cartoon pandas totally didnt grab me.

On a gaming level i didnt like the lack of challenge and the homogenisation of everything. The community had taken an obvious nosedive, it was very different and much more toxic during Cata than it was in Wrath.

I was subscribed to wow uninterrupted from the start of vanilla to a couple months into MOP. Although I started to play a lot less during cataclysm, it was MOP which finally lost me.

Objectively, I can say MOP was a good expansion. Unlike Cata, where I always felt there was nothing to do, Mists added a lot to the game. But I could not get into the Chinese theme because it felt so alien to the wow which had always been such a staunch western fantasy. Also, almost every one of my friends had quit the game by this point and my guild had really died off at the end of cata. So really, there was nothing left, I no longer had fun.

I have a lot of good memories of wow, but I really don't think I would ever got back to it at this point. I'm just going to look forward to other MMO's (most of which are misses) but I run into a few hits every now and then.

Deleted
    On and off for a long time now, generally stay subbed until i get bored of the current raiding tier (only lfr >.>)

So just waiting till next expansion now to get myself a raiding guild once again

Deleted
    Pulled the plug back in July and I couldn't be happier.

Let's see why:

- Overdose of daily quests that was required in the beggining to get gear; also they are boring, stupid and repetitive;

- Weekly caps for conquest and valor that IMO makes people obligated in a way, to fullfil those, otherwise they are undirectly getting behind others;

- LFR, associated with the simplistic and easy way (altough painful) of obtaining purples;

- Despicable community in random bg's, lfr and trade chat with all the idiotic comments about mothers, black skin people, l2p noob, tank sux, healers fault and "my dog does more dps than you", etc... (I understand this occurs everywhere but in my realm was over the top and I was getting really fed up with the all the general kid mentality);

- Announcement of a microtransaction system;

- Lack of incentive to continue improving my characters - week after week, be it using loot coins, doing LFR or honor grind, you get the feeling that all the easy/hard work and the time you spent farming and wasting gold to gem and enchant doesn't pay off since the next patch will complety make you current gear obsolete; I remember when doing DS in my ret pala I was EVERY SINGLE WEEK killing Deathwing and competing with 4-5 others to get the "epic" Gurthalak - guess what, only after 21 weeks I finally got it in the freaking first week of the personal loot system (too bad since MoP was just around the corner).
    Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2013-10-16 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    I've "quit" several times. Lasted 3 months between December 2006 - March 2007. Quit again from September 2007 - September 2008 (longest period unsubbed during the expansion I enjoyed the most - I was not really an end game player until wrath so as much as I loved the BC zones, I didn't do heroics and raids so there was nothing compelling for me to do). Quit again from September 2009 to December 2009. Quit again March 2010 to November 2010. Quit again in March 2011 to July 2011. Quit again in August 2011 to August 2012 (okay, Cataclysm was the longest total period unsubbed during an expansion's life cycle. Quit again in November 2012 to April 2013 and then finally quit between June 2013 and august 2013.

The penultimate period was when my goodwill ended and the panda theme started to annoy me enough that I didn't want to play (I was in the wait and see camp with this - I only started hating on Pandaria after experiencing it - theme not gameplay). Also in a normal guild that was being run with hardcore expectations and it spoiled my enjoyment of the game.

Most of the breaks were facilitated by another interest becoming forefront in my leisure activities. Between June and August I was writing short stories and had no time for WoW. After August I have been splitting my time.

Currently in a cap team doing classic raids. We're going to move through all the content in the various expansions, hopefully having worked through it all as a team in time for the next expansion (hopefully legion themed) - good guild, no pressure, I get to tank with my warrior. It's not horde, but I'd rather play alliance in a good, laid back guild working on content I missed out on rather than working for mini-hitlers on SoO.

I'm also playing for shorter periods, so hopefully I won't get the burn out again and will be able to stick with the next expansion and not miss anything.

Deleted
    I wont say that i quit WoW, i just stopped playing it... Havent played it since the release of the last tier 13 raid. I was one who you would call a "enthusiast" of the game, i played it since the release of WoTLK and been raiding 4-5 nights a week since then. Idk, i just lost the spark of the game and kinda stopped carring for character progression, pvp, pve and achievements and so on.

I would say it has nothing to do with the expantion. From a personal perspective, i really enjoyed the the concept of Kungfu Panda. It was just at some point i suddenly questioned myself, starring at that WoW shortcut button, thinking to myself... Why should i log into this game?

I stopped figuring out answers to that question and the answer was replaced with "i cba" instead.

Quit shortly before SWTOR's launch (circa December 2011) when it became apparent that there was nothing about MoP that interested me and quite a bit that I found appalling. Cataclysm had honestly worn me out and I was hoping for an expansion that would bring back some of the wiser gameplay elements that had defined WoW before then, but MoP was a continuation into the same simplification/dumbing down of the game that made Cata so tedious.

Later on a friend would let me play around on their account for a bit so I could experience MoP, and I was underwhelmed. It was as I'd expected, a clichefest without much direction. By then though, I'd burned through GW2 and SWTOR, and finally found a new MMO I liked in The Secret World. There's not much desire for me to come back to WoW at this point, unless they do some serious reversion to the gameplay and storytelling quality that made Wrath so good.

Deleted
    1 year and 1 months now. No desire to come back. Feeling generally happier with more time for everything else.

The day was October 28th 2012.

It was a gloomy day. Rain and thunder. The temperature was 46 degrees F. My mood was, moderate.

I looked in the mirror and said "You are not a lvl 78 warlock. You are a human, with no super powers"

Then I gave it all up...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    You have to answer several questions when you quit. You can even fill in your own Nerdragequit there.
    While this is solid advice. It is also borked. You get 355 (or something) letters to type. The funny part I noticed last time I quit (which was 3 days ago) when I "entered" (used to enter/return button) to start a new sentence, the form thought I was done and my account was de-activated from that moment on.

Also the reason I quit isn't listed there. You can fill in that the content is too hard and INaccessible. But you cannot tell the form that you find the content too fucking easy and too accessible. That there is no sense of community anymore. That the immersion is all but gone.

Sure you can opt "other" in that form. And as I said you get 355 letters to use. Which is far faaar too few. Then I suddenly got an option to talk with a GM while I was canceling my account. While that is good customer service I guess, but what can that guy/girl do for me? Nothing basically.

WoW is not going to change for me. While I really really like The Timeless Isle as sort of a return to the past where Elites wandered the world and things hit hard, it was too late for me. Since the dungeon nerfs in Cata I've been very very desillusioned with WoW. The convenience and the breaking of the server community that WAS there, was too much for me to continue the game.

I might return whenever they fix the crossserver/merge realm thingie and possibly restore a fragment of the community that way. Other then that I don't think I'll return.

Again I don't like the 355 letter-thing. Why? Because you cannot elaborate why and how. You can only throw them words and hopefully they understand what you mean by them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I have to giggle at this. A XP elixir is hardly pay to win and it's not even as power as the FREE elixir you can get.

To the OP, you're asking on a WoW fan site why people quit WoW. I'm not sure you're going to get a very accurate sampling of data from those who respond.
    This, everyone has their ups and downs with wow, we all do. Sometimes you just need a break. I took one break a few months ago, re subbed just to mess around on lazy days when I'm bored and mommas at work. 15 bucks a month keeps me entertained for at least 15 hrs a month...so its worth it.

Im not in a guild, so no raiding except occasional lfr, do some timeless isles, dailies .. thats about it, wow serves my needs when Im taking a break, and will serve my needs if I decide I have time to raid. Been payin blizzard for almost 10 years, seems weird to not see that "$14.99 BlizzEnt" deduction in my checking account.

I would quit for the main reason of playing the same game over and over again each expansion. Sure there's new things each cycle, it's just that raiding is still raiding, pvp is still pvp. Imo probably why I'm playing Ele sham... just because it felt like a new class with ascendance, or why I'm back to frost. Imo, what will keep me going is the degree to which Blizz can reinvent and improve the game.

If i quit it will probably be because pretty much everyone i knew has quit and because of pretty much every server being dead and deserted.

WoW is a very bad single player game.

Deleted
    I quit just as they released the new talents, it just wasn't for me and it was a good time for me to let go. I've quit a few times in the past, deleted Everything but the "kind" people at blizzard have Always restored them for me. Now they just sit there, all alone and nothing to do. Moved on to Guild Wars 2, I like the game but I'm kind of getting bored with that too so now I just sit around in Lions Arch spending my money on the mystic forge :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    If i quit it will probably be because pretty much everyone i knew has quit and because of pretty much every server being dead and deserted.

WoW is a very bad single player game.
    You're right, all servers are empty and dead.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit in march 2013 cause I got tired of the repetitiveness of the game(burnt out).
    You grind gear in Normal, grind gear in Heroic, then new patch comes out you gotta grind gear in normal and so on. Then a new expansion comes out and you gotta grind blues, then normal then heroic... You sorta burn out after doing it for 5 years.

I also got tired of trying to recruit people on a dead server(wasn't this bad until then end of DS) and really wanted some servers to merge but that did not happen.
    So many good F2P games out there that just made it hard to keep paying for a sub when most of my friends had already quit.
    Game wont die in a long long time but its definitely on a huge decline.
    I am happy I was able to play it during its great days and have great memories of how epic it felt to play World of Warcraft...
    Last edited by magicric; 2013-10-16 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    I'm curious as to why people that no longer play, especially those that have been gone for quite a while, are still here.

I am because I've recently played and am interested in coming back soon.
    I mostly frequent the off-topic forums on MMO-C these days, but still poke my head in the general discussion forum to keep up to speed with changes, general attitudes about the game and suchlike.

I stopped playing due to a combination of factors that essentially equated to me losing interest in the game, what little interest remained was not worth the monthly subscription cost. It does not mean that my interest cannot be reignited.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

when the game moved away from its heartwarming western Culture into china town pandaland

i tried i really did... but all the lore in MoP is so shit the boss are boring the models of pandas and mogu look pathetic and retarded and the feel like some anime kong fu panda bullcrap i hope we are getting grim dark expansion like Wotlk or TBC next or else its game over for me

I quit a few weeks into Dragon soul because i just got burnt out, haven't looked back since.

When heart of fear came out, just wasn't having fun with the game anymore everyone has their own opinion but I liked the game a lot more in wrath than how they started making it in cata / pandaland.