Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would add 100% chance for:
    1. Tanks - random flask, 1-3 portions of relevant food, 2-5 relevant potions, 1-2 uncut and non-yellow gems of rare quality. + Free repair kit (even if you don't die, melee wear-and-tear repair bills are too high), which would repair all your gear at no cost with 1 charge.
    2. Healers - random spirit or intellect flask, 1-3 random spirit or intellect food (of best quality) and random 2-5 potions, relevant for their role.
    3. DPS - random 2-5 potions, relevant to their spec.

Tanks and healers have higher bonuses, as they need more incentive, and have more problems in farming their own stuff than dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I would add 100% chance for:
    1. Tanks - random flask, 1-3 portions of relevant food, 2-5 relevant potions, 1-2 uncut and non-yellow gems of rare quality. + Free repair kit (even if you don't die, melee wear-and-tear repair bills are too high), which would repair all your gear at no cost with 1 charge.
    2. Healers - random spirit or intellect flask, 1-3 random spirit or intellect food (of best quality) and random 2-5 potions, relevant for their role.
    3. DPS - random 2-5 potions, relevant to their spec.

Tanks and healers have higher bonuses, as they need more incentive, and have more problems in farming their own stuff than dps.
    2 potions is just garbage. You are taking away decent gold. Every spec should get a guaranteed 30-100g plus what you said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    What surprises me is that such an avatar is accepted on this forum... maybe i should switch mine to an human organ too... like a sex organ =) disgusting is what it is, far from cute...
    .....geez lighten up would you

The bag should contain an item that, when you combine 5 (or however many), gives you a 100% chance coin roll or maybe even the ability to purchase a piece of gear from a vendor.

Deleted
    Very simple

Every time you open the Bag, you get a "Coin". If you have lets say 10 Coins there is a Vendor where you can buy items for this Coins. And for 15 coins and for 20 and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2 potions is just garbage. You are taking away decent gold. Every spec should get a guaranteed 30-100g plus what you said.
    What I suggested was addition on top of gold you already get from bags, of course it shouldn't be removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    .....geez lighten up would you
    I dont care having to watch a bloody heart when im trying to read/write on a mmo forum O.o
    I also dont consider it fun, entertaining or amusing in any kind of way, more like disturbing, disgusting. But im pretty sure il get banned/infracted if i pick another organ as avatar... Hypocrisy comes to my mind...
    Last edited by mmocf83d81c154; 2013-10-16 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    I dont care having to watch a bloody heart when im trying to read/write on a mmo forum O.o
    Well I dont care to see a demon when i read/write on an MMO forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eodusaf View Post
    Well I dont care to see a demon when i read/write on an MMO forum.
    Wow, a serious reply... If you feel a Warcraft animation is disturbing feel free to contact a mod, since they seem to ignore the fact that people put some crazy shit in it, i doubt they would answer you.

"Avatars and signatures are subject to the same rules as posts and threads. They should not shock, offend or in any other way break our rules."
    Last edited by mmocf83d81c154; 2013-10-16 at 08:05 PM.

I would like the system to do a check on your current durability cost and award the gold based on a percentage of that, like I dunno, 25%-50% of your durability cost.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    more rng to please the rng gods, sigh...

HONESTLY, if they made it so I wouldn't receive the exact same piece of useless pve gear for 3 weeks running, that would be a step in the right direction. Seems basic but not something they considered.

If I was Blizzard I would make two loot tables.

First loot table would be is as it currently stands of individual gear. I would program it so if you don't win anything it goes to the second loot table.

The second loot table would be attached to every boss in the instance. Fill it with mats, potions, transmog gear, mounts, pets, recipes, Currencies, etc. Anything, basically that isn't a gear upgrade. If Blizzard would really want to go wild with it how about a free server transfer token or a free class change token.

Have them contain a call to arms bag, or have items in them like the call to arms bags.

IMO -- I wish they would make the bags fun. Seeing double-gold takes away from the enjoyment in the game. At least for me. Make bags have a lot of great possibilities. My idea is very very far fetched but it would be pretty cool to have an opportunity at all this stuff:

1. 100% drop rate for a flask of your current spec plus gold
    2. 75% drop rate for motes (I never get motes and it sucks)
    3. 50% drop rate for a Warforged Seal (or the others for their respective raids)
    4. 25% drop rate for an item of your spec
    5. 20% drop rate for an offspec item for your class
    6. 15% drop rate for previous expansion tier gear (for your class)
    7. 10% drop rate for BoA leveling gear
    8. 5% drop rate for rare pets
    9. 1% drop rate for rare mounts
    10. 0.01% drop rate for a previous xpack legendary that your class could actually use/equip and items no longer attainable in game (Benediction, Corrupted Ashbringer, etc.)

Like I said...just my opinion and it'll never happen but man it would at least make seeing those bags have a moment of excitement.

My idea for LFR loot is as follows...

When killing a boss, the game does an internal 1-100 roll. Here are the results:
    1-15 = Loot
    16-30 = Legendary Quest Item
    31-45 = Flasks/Consumables
    46-60 = Bag with double gold and random contents.
    61-100 = Bag with random contents.

The numbers could be adjusted when later tiers are released by simply pushing down the 61-100 roll. In other words, this system works exactly as the dodge/parry/miss/block/hit/crit system used to work.

So, next tier releases and the above list changes to...
    1-30 = Loot
    31-45 = Legendary Quest Item
    46-60 = Flasks/Consumables
    61-75 = Bag with double gold and random contents.
    76-100 = Bag with random contents.

This system would basically make it so LFR was always beneficial for players, especially those still working on their legendary quest chain. I guarantee you that you'd see more people in LFR than you do today. I would also NOT translate this system over to Flex... the improved loot and group quality are reason enough to raid Flex mode.

As far as the bags themselves? There's no need to improve them with this system.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    Every fail bag should include a coin, that when in your inventory, increases your chance at a drop by 10%. It wouldn't be consumed if you got gold, but if you won something, all coins would be consumed. So you'd probably get a piece of gear on average every 4-7 failbags. You could game it by using coins to get extra failbags leading up to the boss you actually want something off of, to try and guarantee a drop.

As an afterthought, I think that it should be awarded at the same time as the failbag, instead of inside it, to stop people from hoarding them up for 100% Garrosh drops or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The chick in your avatar is cute.

I kinda of agree with you, I prefer gold over the crap loot or duplicate loot that vendors for less than what the gold would be. I don't mind the 25g and 18 motes drops, which are rare for me. Maybe a 50VP token that is BoA would be a nice addition.
    Thats a lot of valor for not getting any loot. Though i think thats a fantastic incentive for people to go back after they are geared. If you dont get something no problem have 10 valor instead plus some gold and a chance at motes/pots etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Because if popularity drove game decisions, the easiest solution would always win. Tabards would be the way to grind rep, and you'd be capped in a day maximum. Conquest/Valor would have no cap so you could grind it endlessly. Gear would sit on vendors, and you wouldn't have to raid to get full raid gear.

Being a game designer means balancing time spent playing, access to materials, and limits on what can and can't be done in the span of certain time periods. If you CAN do everything in a day, you fall too far behind when you DON'T. If you can't do ENOUGH, you run out of things to do. If you can get something without effort, why put effort in?
    I don't really see the problem here. If tabards are the way to grind rep that's fine. If it takes YOU a day maximum then it's probably alot better for people who don't play as often or as much as you do. Conquest and valor would have no cap so while YOU may grind it endlessly peoples whos lives have other dictates other then the will and whim of some video game wouldn't have a problem. Not raiding to get full gear is also fine. Why is it that raiding should be the only or increasingly best means of gearing? I don't see the problem. This notion that the game ought to require effort is bizarre. Tell me how much effort is good in your opinion? Should I have to raise a barn? Should I have to commit to it like a second job? or a child i'm raising? Absurd utterly absurd...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Even though I wouldn't like it, the people who only do LFR would appreciate it, each bag give some kind of coin, when you've collected 10 of them you get a special bonus roll that will give a piece of loot that you do not already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple choice. Keeping in mind this is a loot reward, offer a few choices:

A. A significant amount of gold. Upwards of 100 added on to what a 'losing' roll would provide.
    B. A gear reward
    C. Other good ideas like rep token for a significant amount of rep above what a 'losing' roll would provide or additional valor.

Assuming your loot roll qualifies you for something pick one, tack on the valor and call it a day.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."