Poll: How to make LFR Attractive!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    giving heroic loot to LFR raiders? what in the actual fuck

No I think LFR should go die in fire instead.

It dropping legenaries is already feels stupidly mandatory enough

When a system needs 'carriers' in order to function I think its a sign of a bad system; not a system that needs tweaking to bring those players back. 'Everyone should able to enjoy our content' breaks down immediately since not 'everyone' has a basic concept of how to function within said content.

I would enjoy more gating, and less 'luring of carriers' because I think if LFR had a higher average player-base, you'd see those 'carriers' choosing to maybe earn some valor, shoot for a trinket, or heck, dare I say, even do it for fun. Meanwhile you might encourage the lower end of the player base to actually strive to improve instead of just looking for a hand-out. Boy what I day that would be...

Deleted
    I had a wipe yesterday at the 2 big guys before immerseus in LFR and you want these people to get normal/hc gear? pls....

I think you'll find that most people who left would rather it not be mandatory considering it's not their content to run.

How about a "All of the Above"option

10+ Year Old Account
    most of these would end in disastre. All I can say I want is feasts as a carrier
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Heroic loot from LFR? Bwahahahahahahaha

More like be grateful you get legendary and a raid mode period.

LFR isnt worth any of those options.

None of the above.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Lol, that god damn casuals in this game and their undying need to have loot that they don't NEED has really devalued loot in this game. LFR was implemented because casuals said that it wasn't fair that they couldn't get into raids and see content. LFR was implemented and served its purpose; a vehicle for casuals and bads of all types to see the end game content, oh yeah and it happened to have some loot pinatas along the way.

The fact LFR grants loot is a stretch in itself. It is supposed to allow you to see content, that's it. My head almost exploded when I saw people actually voted for Heroic drops in LFR. What a god damn joke that is. Heroics take work and thus the gear should take work to obtain, not this faceroll bullshit.

You left out "remove the terrible players and douchebags." Unfortunately for you, Blizzard has already done that with the introduction of Flex raids.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    How about a "All of the Above"option
    Why?

LFR wasn't made for loot, it was made for bads and casual players to be able to see content. It was definitely NOT made to give heroic gear...ever.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

The problem isn't a lack of carriers, it's because LFR by its nature gets the people who want to not bother to try, because "it's just lfr" so they think they don't HAVE to try.

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    giving heroic loot to LFR raiders? what in the actual fuck
    Yeah that won't happen. Ever.

lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look another LFR bashing thread.
    Aye mate

I voted for the PvP gear option, because farming PvP gear is god awful, and nothing else would get me into LFR.

That being said, I'd rather not have to do LFR at all because it's miserable. Although most of the choices in that poll were hilarious, yes let's throw random legendaries into LFR, that will solve everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    The problem isn't a lack of carriers, it's because LFR by its nature gets the people who want to not bother to try, because "it's just lfr" so they think they don't HAVE to try.
    It's people that don't know how to play their class and expect to get carried by better players, thats the way LFR has been since Dragonsoul. Some people might try, but since they are clueless they might as well not try at all because the result will be the same.

It is the lack of carriers. Ever noticed what happens if you are lucky enough to get a group of good players or half of a guild in LFR? (Think Midwinter guild groups in ToT LFRs) everything goes by in a breeze. Bosses die in record times, the instance ends with zero wipes and everyone is happy.

Those groups and guilds move on to flex because 1) better loot and 2) less idiots because they don't have to fill the excess spots with random retards. So, because of this, LFR is useless and doesn't deserve any additional rewards for the quality of players that infest those instances.

The other issue is Timeless Gear. Moving up the minimum ilvl for LFRs is a great thing to do and i'm not sure why they havn't done it yet. People farming timeless gear and hopping into LFRs is a HUGE issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Perhaps, but that would be impossible to implement since the system would not be able to tell who are carrying and who isn't. You would either have to reward everyone or no one. And by adding rewards that are attractive for normal/hc raiders you would be making LFR mandatory for those players, which isn't the point of LFR.
    its pretty easy to determine who is doing the carrying in an lfr.
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Nothing will get me to do it again until the next expansion. Being forced to run wing 1 every week for a trinket is the most im willing to put up with.
    You "need" an lfr trinket to run normals? I'm guessing you mean for heroics, but you should already have a trinket from the last raid much better than anything lfr offers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Yeah that won't happen. Ever.

lol.
    They were "Never" going to sell items for real money either, don't say never.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?