Poll: Thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Funny how it goes in this thread. Anyone who want lower numbers is applauded for saying it, but people who prefer things as they are, are flamed for that...
    Oh, that thing you mentioned has nothing to do with people doing 10k or 100k damage/healing per second. Funny how you say that someone should learn how it works, while you apparently don't have a clue yourself.
    I haven't read every page, but... could it be that people that prefer "the old way" are critizised because they don't acknowledge the actual need for adjustment? Ignorance is not always bliss. Try to understand that the software has a limit that forces Blizzard to take action, else every boss will be like Immerseus, Galakras, Garrosh, etc. No more "Just get the boss from 100% to 0%". That kind of makes boss design a shitton more complex and difficult for Blizzard.

Also, don't forget that some raiders quite like one or two patchwerk fights in a raid, even if it's only to relax between complex boss fights.

Why would you need a new computer?
    idk if u've ben into the new expanson but the frames go way low in the 25 player size and even with addons to everything. wows nver been a super fancy grafical game idk why u need the numbers bigger throwing into it making the new enjin for the numbers and all that. i just wanted it simple and straight not so contridicated...

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    yea it's simple human brain can only see how sized a number? 100billion never be big enough for u why does blizard have to invent the wheel for u they make it easy enouh as it is buffing the old raids
    Buffing old raids?

idk if u've ben into the new expanson but the frames go way low in the 25 player size and even with addons to everything. wows nver been a super fancy grafical game idk why u need the numbers bigger throwing into it making the new enjin for the numbers and all that. i just wanted it simple and straight not so contridicated...
    Don't think the numbers of digits have anything to do with your bad fps. It's more likely that the numbers of sources that generate numbers are too big. Blizzard addressed that already, consolidating a ton of the minor heal ticks from various passives. They're going to have to continue on that path to minimise the combat log getting more cluttered than it already is.

Oh, and they need to seriously reduce the graphics. Every crapspell now explodes a supernova on my screen. As a melee I have given up trying to locate my exact position a long, long time ago.

It's not the size of the numbers that makes your fps drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Don't think the numbers of digits have anything to do with your bad fps. It's more likely that the numbers of sources that generate numbers are too big. Blizzard addressed that already, consolidating a ton of the minor heal ticks from various passives. They're going to have to continue on that path to minimise the combat log getting more cluttered than it already is.

Oh, and they need to seriously reduce the graphics. Every crapspell now explodes a supernova on my screen. As a melee I have given up trying to locate my exact position a long, long time ago.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/851583-4.0-Maximum-Graphic-Settings
    Spelleffectlevel and particledensity are the variables you probably want to look at.

It's not the size of the numbers that makes your fps drop.
    I dont think u understad in cata theres no fps problms. In the lich night no- either. So now I am in LFR no low fps, then flex, then normal no problems. Go into the 25 herocs and look bigger numbers biggers gear and bam fps to 2 or 5 or whatever. Whas like this last raid to just the heroic with the big numbers throwing it all off.

Don't believe me jus t think about it. Bigger numbers take more memory and bigger cpu. cut it all off and we dont need thesee rich people supercompter to handle a little game

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't come soon enough IMO. Current stats are pretty absurd and very daunting for newbies.

I dont think u understad in cata theres no fps problms. In the lich night no- either. So now I am in LFR no low fps, then flex, then normal no problems. Go into the 25 herocs and look bigger numbers biggers gear and bam fps to 2 or 5 or whatever. Whas like this last raid to just the heroic with the big numbers throwing it all off.

Don't believe me jus t think about it. Bigger numbers take more memory and bigger cpu. cut it all off and we dont need thesee rich people supercompter to handle a little game
    No, simply no. It takes the same time to calculate 1000 + 1000 as it does to calculate 123456789012+1234285729284.

Moving 1 or 100000000000 to a register take exactly the same amount of time.

No, simply no. It takes the same time to calculate 1000 + 1000 as it does to calculate 123456789012+1234285729284.
    wat have u tried it? i can't see that whole number and it would take years to figur that clacicaton...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aphic-Settings
    Spelleffectlevel and particledensity are the variables you probably want to look at.
    Thank you for pointing that out. I actually know about it. It's kind of hard to explain but... I kinda like turning up graphic options. Yes, I'll admit... it looks pretty! But in general there is too much shit flying around for crap spells. I can get behind a halo going through the whole room once a minute or whatever per priest. But why does whoever (I suspect ret paladins?) have to make golden spell effects right in the melees constantly. Is that some kind of auto attack proc? Why? I like pretty spells, but I'd prefer if they actually limit the massive graphics to times when it's truly a massive spell. I guess I'm weird.

No, a filler doesn't deserve pretty graphics. That's what I'm saying. :P Think the difference between a fireball and a Pyro. That's proper.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever considered that... heroic raiders may just be more active than LFR guys sitting there afk? Just sayin'... when we start an AE burst phase, I can almost feel the strain on the engine trying to keep up with the shit that we're provoking. Think Megaera or Immerseus adds. That's what, 20 or so adds? Think 20 or so people spamming all kinds of spells while forcing their procs to line up and stuff. That's a ton of text scrolling through the combat log. Once you factor in Recount and Skada, you have more cpu time spent just trying to keep up with the stream of text. Filtering it, digesting it, displaying it in (almost) real time. It's not the size of the numbers, is the amount of things going on.

- - - Updated - - -

wat have u tried it? i can't see that whole number and it would take years to figur that clacicaton...
    You do realise computers aren't human brains right? They were pretty much invented to calculate numbers. That's what they do. Everything a computer does is numbers. Asking her if she tried may be interesting... but has nothing to do with computers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very stupid poll.
    It's not about "getting weaker" or "getting stronger".

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out. I actually know about it. It's kind of hard to explain but... I kinda like turning up graphic options. Yes, I'll admit... it looks pretty! But in general there is too much shit flying around for crap spells. I can get behind a halo going through the whole room once a minute or whatever per priest. But why does whoever (I suspect ret paladins?) have to make golden spell effects right in the melees constantly. Is that some kind of auto attack proc? Why? I like pretty spells, but I'd prefer if they actually limit the massive graphics to times when it's truly a massive spell. I guess I'm weird.

No, a filler doesn't deserve pretty graphics. That's what I'm saying. :P Think the difference between a fireball and a Pyro. That's proper.
    Paladins do have multiple nice spell effects on short cooldowns, yes ^^ Could always try to fiddle a bit with those values. You might find a setting that's a bit lower than what it is now, but still gives some fancy flashes. Or you could roll a caster and enjoy it all from a distance

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, didn't actually try calculating that. Though at first glance I'd say both numbers are longer than 10 digits and the second one is one digit longer than the first. So the result would be something around 135760000000.

Paladins do have multiple nice spell effects on short cooldowns, yes ^^ Could always try to fiddle a bit with those values. You might find a setting that's a bit lower than what it is now, but still gives some fancy flashes. Or you could roll a caster and enjoy it all from a distance
    Ha, believe it or not, I am already preparing my warlock twink to do the honours during the next expansion. I think I may actually enjoy the fireworks that way!

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words, it's flawed. If I make a new system to replace a current good functioning system and tell my boss that in order for the new system to work, we either need to keep the old system or add a second system, he won't tell me that I did a good job. He would tell me that my system is flawed and that I would need to redesign it or he would simply keep the old system.
    Simply adding a buff to negate the squish is exactly that, adding a second system to mask a flaw in the new design.
    It's better than the current design. If you make a new system to replace the current system that fixes a lot of big problems but introduces one small problem, it's still a better choice than the current system.

This is something that Blizzard (obviously) has had plenty of time to think about, and they've gone with the new system.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    your poll is flawed, item squish does NOT make your character less powerfull, because everything you will fight is squished as well.

it will take you just as long to kill something as it does now.the only difference is it will be much easier to compare items, because digits in the thousands make (at least for me) my eyes glass over and i think every time i inspect an item "theres just too many damn numbers"

All in all, those who don't "like" "big" numbers - they can use addons etc., to reduce "clutter" on screen. They can live with and without "item squish". Those who like to see continual character progression, they can't live with "item squish". Conclusion: "item squish" should never be implemented in the game as it will mostly bring even more dissatisfaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Can't come soon enough IMO. Current stats are pretty absurd and very daunting for newbies.
    Newbies start at level 1 with very low stats, not at lv90 in full epic gear boasting 500k+ HP. Apart from that, game was already catering to "newbies" too much. ""Newbies" is in quotation marks, because real newbie player doesn't need to have watered-down leveling experience, etc., "newbie" is now word for people, who never played any video game (RPG in particular) before and most likely wouldn't, but they became a big part of playerbase (sadly). I don't think they should be catered to.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2013-10-17 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm pretty apathetic. I'm not excitedly anticipating it, but I don't dread it either.

Honestly, I don't really understand why anyone has strong feelings on it one way or the other.

Unless they royally fuck it up, it should have negligible functional impact on gameplay, positive or negative. The value of our numbers (in stats, in damage, whatever) is entirely relative anyway; as long as everything changes together you could put them at any arbitrary value. I think people are inflating how much a couple extra digits in some random in-game number matters to them.
    Unless they fuck it up, now there is where my problem lies. If they do it just as half arsed as they did with CRZ and al the other new stuff they implemented then i dont want it to happen. If done correctly, i would not really mind. To me personally i do not see the need for a deflation of the numbers. I know they are getting higher and higher, but that is a design flaw that can be helpt by just not having this many different ilvl gear, lfr, flex, normal, heroic just for one tier of raiding. I love how all these fanboys are screaming that it is needed, while there is no real need for it to happen.
    Yea of course bigger numbers might have to send a bit more information down our internet lines, but with the computing power these days that should not be a real problem. And al the "reasons" for doing it are just stupid, "my skada gets wider" and "I dont want to see big numbers, they confuse me".
    Its just as in politics, you cant solve a problem by thinking the same way that created the problem in the first place. If they do this, and the game will keep going on for another 3 years you'll have the same problem all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Unless they fuck it up, now there is where my problem lies. If they do it just as half arsed as they did with CRZ and al the other new stuff they implemented then i dont want it to happen. If done correctly, i would not really mind. To me personally i do not see the need for a deflation of the numbers. I know they are getting higher and higher, but that is a design flaw that can be helpt by just not having this many different ilvl gear, lfr, flex, normal, heroic just for one tier of raiding. I love how all these fanboys are screaming that it is needed, while there is no real need for it to happen.
    Yea of course bigger numbers might have to send a bit more information down our internet lines, but with the computing power these days that should not be a real problem. And al the "reasons" for doing it are just stupid, "my skada gets wider" and "I dont want to see big numbers, they confuse me".
    Its just as in politics, you cant solve a problem by thinking the same way that created the problem in the first place. If they do this, and the game will keep going on for another 3 years you'll have the same problem all over again.
    It's not as trivial as you are making it out to be.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    TC: "If we don't do the item squish it's going to require a lot of re-engineering of our combat code to actually support bigger numbers. We're getting really close to the point where the code can't..."
    CS: "Yeah, the code can't compile the numbers"
    TC: "Yeah it can't compile the numbers, so we are testing the item squish internally with the expansion, and I think a good time to launch it would be right before the next expansion so people are already used to it by the time the expansion launches. So, that's the current plan, but we'll see how it works out. I hope we can." (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not know why people are having a problem with this? It is not the first time it happens.

We do not really lose anything, nor gain much but huge numbers.

The fights will be attuned for your equipment anyways. And it is a bit easier on the eyes.

"OMG, I did a 138.382.480 dmg crit!"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..