Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I might as well level up a gnome and try it on Spirus, the other two pets were never really the issue though. I'd be glad to not resort to the lame strategy if this works!

P.S. I thought you said you were going to bed.
    Don't get me wrong the gnome tactic is a little slow going, its basically just wearing Spirus down, but it does work and the turrets really do the work on him. can usually get 2-3 repairs in over the fight (normally 2 then spirus dies and your gnomes left to build at least one turret for River).

I only said I was logging tonight :P hehe. Too much to do today, Sleep will come later!

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair slow is better than insanely annoying.
    Might be an idea to use Chi-Chi for the fish, that way you can wild magic and feign out on spirus. Wild Magic for the first few rounds should speed up the Turret's work considerably. Skywisp Moth and a Call Lightning would have similar effects, I guess, although slight backfire there.

Sneaky, just looking to get rid of us.

To be fair slow is better than insanely annoying.
    Might be an idea to use Chi-Chi for the fish, that way you can wild magic and feign out on spirus. Wild Magic for the first few rounds should speed up the Turret's work considerably. Skywisp Moth and a Call Lightning would have similar effects, I guess, although slight backfire there.

Sneaky, just looking to get rid of us.
    Yeah I certainly don't mind taking slow over hoping the RNG gods feel kind haha. I only just got Chi-Chi today so I will have to level that up!

Never! I just had other stuff needed doing I wish I had all the time to sit and chat all night/morning.. sadly the old hubby and cats need looking after

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but I have found a pretty good combination for Xu-fu and Zao.

The pets you need are:
    Skywisp moth (any breed should be good, mine is P/S) with: any attack in slot 1, Cocoon Strike in slot 2 and Call Lightning in slot
    Chi-chi with: any attack in slot 1, Wild Magic in slot 2 and Feign Death in slot 3
    Lil' Bling with: Inflation in slot 1, any attack in slot 2 and Make it Rain in slot 3

Basically, what you want to do is set up Call Lightning with the moth (making sure it takes 1 hit in the process).
    Then swap to Chi-chi and use Wild Magic, and then use Feign Death to call out Lil' Bling (who will have the most hp because the moth took a hit).
    Then, you want to use Make it Rain on the first turn, and then Inflation on the second. Both of them should die on the second turn, and it saves you the trouble of having to deal with their heals.

The way to start off the battle (allowing your moth to take 1 hit) differs a bit between them, but other than that, it's exactly the same.
    With Xu-fu, use Cocoon Strike on the first turn to avoid being 1shotted by his Moonlight. Then, use Call Lightning. During this turn, he will hit you with a beast attack, which should only do around 450 damage.

With Zao, you want to just attack or pass on the first turn, and then use Call Lightning on the second turn. He will hit you with his charge, but your moth should survive it. After that, proceed as normal.

I'd advice that you kill Xu-fu before Zao, as you need to heal up your pets between them. If all goes well, you should be able to kill both of them with the same team, without losing a single pet.
    3DS Friend Code: 0104-0340-7272 ; IGN in Pokemon X: Spa
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Stratholme was harboring Malganis Bin Dreadlord and had hidden weapons of Mass Scourgification.
    The Culling was a justified war.
    Andorhal/25 Never Forget

10+ Year Old Account
    know what the most frustrating thing is? Finding a S/S kunlai Runt, been getting my ass handed to me lately so I want to see what the deal is with it.....spent a hour trying to find one to no avail
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    know what the most frustrating thing is? Finding a S/S kunlai Runt, been getting my ass handed to me lately so I want to see what the deal is with it.....spent a hour trying to find one to no avail
    I didn't even know this breed existed for Kun-Lai Runts, it doesn't show on wowhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know this breed existed for Kun-Lai Runts, it doesn't show on wowhead.
    I was in a battle with someone that flawlessed my 3 pets and he told me his runt was s/s. if he was mistaken my next best guess would be P/S
    14/14h and finally done

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably. Just wanted to check so that you're not chasing a non-existing breed for hours on end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. Just wanted to check so that you're not chasing a non-existing breed for hours on end.
    thanks for the heads up. I thought most pets could come in all the breeds
    14/14h and finally done

thanks for the heads up. I thought most pets could come in all the breeds
    Grab BreedID addon, it's super handy! It lists all the breeds that particular pet can have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Grab BreedID addon, it's super handy! It lists all the breeds that particular pet can have
    im assuming it says what the breed you're fight is as well correct?
    14/14h and finally done

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I just got this, it's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    has any of you guy's realms done any tournaments amongst yourselves? Did one on my server it was like 8 people and we all got in mumble and you would think people where watching boxing the commotion that was going on in that channel super fun
    14/14h and finally done

15+ Year Old Account
    Chi-Chi

- Lil' Tarecgosa (Arcane Blast, Surge of Power, Arcane Storm)
    - any combination of Mini Mindslayer, Arcane Eye, or Shimmering Wyrmling (all you need on these is Mana Surge)

Xuen

- Sunreaver Micro Sentry (Fel Immolate, Haywire, Call Lightning)
    - Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (Metal Fist, Call Lightning, Ion Cannon)
    - Darkmoon Tonk OR Son of Animus (Tonk suggested for Ion Cannon finisher if needed)

Zao

- Ghostly Skull (Death Coil, Ghostly Bite, Unholy Ascension)
    - Pandaren Water Spirit (Water Jet, Whirlpool, Geyser)
    - Chrominius (Bite, Howl, Surge of Power)

Yu'la

- Gregarious Grell (Punch, Phase Shift, Cauterize)
    - S/S Flayer Youngling (Blitz, Deflection, Kick)
    - Peddlefeet (Bow Shot, Perfumed Arrow, Shot Through the Heart)

Oondasta

- Sunreaver Micro Sentry (Immolate, Rampage, Call Lightning)
    - Darkmoon Tonk (Missile, Shock and Awe, Ion Cannon)
    - Son of Animus (Batter, Siphon Anima, Interrupting Jolt)

This is a much more effective setup for all of these encounters. Grell can literally solo Yu'la, and "Magic Bullet" is most effective for Zao.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Yeah It's super handy!

Yes. I just got this, it's great.
    Woot!! Makes life so much easier doesn't it?

I only use 2 addons for pet battles Breed ID and Pet Battle Teams (lets you create teams and save them for easy use). Such a timesaver that one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

This is a much more effective setup for all of these encounters. Grell can literally solo Yu'la, and "Magic Bullet" is most effective for Zao.
    Zao you can 2 pet team using any pet with call lightning and 1 zandalari anklerender

Put up call lightning, switch to anklerender, use Black Claw then Hunting party = dead Zao

Yu'la indeed can be soloed by Gregarious Grell, no other pets needed! Though this is a TCG pet so not everyone may have this.

Chi Chi I use any pet with curse of doom, then any pet with Ice tomb, Chrominius for Howl+ surge of power

Curse of Doom >Ice Tomb>Howl>surge of power

15+ Year Old Account
    Been using the team saver for a good while, don't know how I ever managed without it. For me it's not as much that it saves time as it is for remembering what pets I used for what.

Yu'la indeed can be soloed by Gregarious Grell, no other pets needed! Though this is a TCG pet so not everyone may have this.
    Mr. Bigglesworth can also solo Yu'la, as mentioned earlier in the thread. It's what I do.

Been using the team saver for a good while, don't know how I ever managed without it. For me it's not as much that it saves time as it is for remembering what pets I used for what.

Mr. Bigglesworth can also solo Yu'la, as mentioned earlier in the thread. It's what I do.
    Oh awesome I missed that! thank you that'll be useful for friends that currently have issues with teams due to no grell

Aye but the party addon saves me time going through pets trying to remember what I used, so it does save me time at least haha. Cause god back at the start of the expansion once I unlocked the first pet dailies.. I kept every team written on a pad beside me, but was forever losing my pad.. my memories not the greatest haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye but the party addon saves me time going through pets trying to remember what I used, so it does save me time at least haha. Cause god back at the start of the expansion once I unlocked the first pet dailies.. I kept every team written on a pad beside me, but was forever losing my pad.. my memories not the greatest haha.
    I used windows notepad, saved me the hassle of trying to keep my desk clear enough for an actual notepad.

With the increasing amount of pets I need to level I was curious if people have some strategies to share as far as leveling with Pandaria trainers goes. I have pretty solid 2-pet teams for Aki, Whispering Spirit, Burning Spirit, Jade Forest/Valley/Krasarang trainers but I wouldn't mind people sharing how they deal with the rest so I don't have to figure out how to do it reliably myself.

For those interested what I use for the above mentioned trainers (in addition to the pet I want to level up):
    Aki (start with boosted pet (unless the pet is undead, 150hp is enough to survive one attack)):
    Emerald Proto-Whelp (P/P) - Emerald Bite/Emerald Presence/Emerald Dream
    Stitched Pup - Diseased Bite/Howl

Whispering Spirit (only start with boosted pet if it can survive a 500-600 flying damage hit):
    The Whelp can solo this fight, just use anything as a back-up, just in case.

Jade Forest Trainer (start with boosted pet):
    Yellow Moth (P/P) - Alpha Strike/Cocoon Strike/Moth Dust

Krasarang Trainer (I prefer not to start with it, but you can):
    Yellow Moth (P/P) -Slicing Wind/Cocoon Strike/Moth Dust

Valley Trainer (either works, I don't start with the boosted pet):
    Pandaren Water Spirit - Water Jet/Whirlpool/Dive

Flowing Spirit (no damage going out first two rounds, can start with boosted pet if you want to):
    Fungal Moth (S/S) - Alpha Strike/Cocoon Strike/Moth Dust
    Lil' Bad Wolf (S/S) - Claw/Dodge/Howl

Burning Spirit (either works, I don't start with it):
    Anubisath Idol - Crush/Stoneskin/Deflection
    Shimmershell Snail (H/P) - Absorb/Acidic Goo/Dive
    Last edited by Siri; 2013-10-17 at 04:20 AM.

I swear, the Celestial Tournament seems to get more ridiculously hard each week.

What's a good addon for tracking enemy cooldowns? I've spent longer trying to get this week's finished than my first two successful tournament attempts.

Aaaargh. RNG sucks, I really need a better set-up. Who'd have thought 75+ level 25 pets wouldn't be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    i failed a few times on chi-chi using this guide - so looked up wowhead, and one had postet a setup there that works great for him killed him with 2 pets.

Voodoo Figurine, a Rat/mouse with stampede.
    Wild Magic ->Flame Breath refresh Wild Magic 1 round before you die, Once your Passive goes off, hit him with Rot. This changes him from Flying type to Undead, making Critter damage deal a lot. Bring out the Rat/mouse and just spam Stampede until he is dead!
    Slight variation... but you don't need to sac' your Voodoo Figurine (or risk the chance that either your Wild Magic or Rot gets blocked, which ruins the whole thing).

1. Wild Magic
    2. Rot
    3. Switch to Rat (this is the turn Chi-Chi uses the blocking move, so you lose nothing by doing this)
    4. Stampede
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-10-17 at 07:01 AM.