Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would change all my toons to human.

oh boy, if only you knew more about troll dance :S

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Alliance lore is already dominated by humans. Horde would suffer the same fate.
    you do realize it si the developers that decide to dominate alliance lore with humans right? and as such can choose whether humans will also dominate the horde, altho frankly I don't see hy they would, it's one thing to have access to the human race on the horde side, and another to have it dominate the horde. If that's the direction a writer wants to go, he can, but I like a horde with an Orc dominance, don't mind the dominance switching to trolls for a while, or tauren either, or blood elves, I'd feel really cool about a living human faction amongst the forsaken, and I'd write good stories for them that players can relate to, they'd play an iportant role in devloping the likeability of Orcs principally - at last I can show Orcs in a light that's pro human but not necessarily pro-alliance, keeping the tensions between teh two factions ripe without diminishing anything, altogether enhancing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Humans, Blood Elves + some Dark Iron Dwarfes and Horde would become Alliance!

I like Blood Elves in Horde but its enough Alliance in Horde Horde is all about being ugly, bloodthirsty and brutal so 4/5 new races should be just like Horde is.
    it would be me more like Orcs, Humans + Blood Elves .. anyway the only reason you're thinking of it like that is because you're thinking of alliance humans, , alliance humans won't join the horde, forsaken humans on the other hand will remain in the hordeeven after becoming living again, see the difference? ANd oas others have pointed out, forsaken don't have to be the only source of living humans, altho I think they would make a really strong source.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Good question. The Op has mentioned reversed-forsaken humans. However I feel that there is room for an actual human faction working in the ranks of the horde.

But what does that mean? The same thing that splits tushui / houjin pandaren: a difference in philiosophy and, hence, in factions.
    well yeah, and this is normally a good enough point for a race that exists on two factions. At the moments, only Elves and Panderan exist in that role. Elves as high elves on the alliance and blood elves on the horde, these two groups though the exact same race, are so distinct, we never think of the high elves as anything but allinace, nor the blood elves as anything but horde, Which is whyyou would miss the mark if you think of humnas as only alliance and those joining the horde. It's also the reason the forsaken made so much sense instead of another group, because the forsaken already have a hore identity, you wouldn't think of living forsaken humans as alliance humans, you'd think of them as human, but horde. Which is why your Orc, Blood elf, human forsaken, may have similar adventures and good times, but will feel distinct from Human, Dwarf, High elf dynamic.. and the order I have written them down is also intentional empahsizing the most promminent race. Prominaence does not necessarily mean important though, all indvidiuals can be equally important by playing equally important roles, however some will bbe more prominent than others.

This could be tied in a number of ways, some of which are derived from variouus posts on mmo-champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    3. Research based faction teaming with horde and looking for advancements in alchemy or weaponry or genetics (a similar group of humans could also exist from a lore standpoint that could be working for the Alliance for eg. with gnomes and draenei)

Humans are easy to handle from a lore perspective - and Warcraft lore has probably moved on from only the 'Orc vs Human' story arc.
    I'm interested in your point 3, I like the idea. and warcraft long since moved away from Orc Vs Human, but Orc Vs Human has always been its core, and living humans accessible and playable on the horde won't change that as it didn't when Alterac partenered with the horde in Warcraft 2, and when the Forsaken (undead humans) joined the horde in WoW. it's Orcs Vs Alliance Humans, not Orcs versus ALL Humans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    I would change all my toons to human.
    we'd love that, we'd also welcome the huge influx of players to the horde, - then we won't ahve to keep neglect the alliance, and keep writing up the horde, or boosting the horde just to make it more attractive so people will keep playing. the game has become rather lopsided becauseof this.

not enough people play horde, because most choose human, consequently blizzard has to keep writing a more attractive hord e to keep players playing horde, literally everything of the horde has to be better - and it's unbalnaced the story considerably, you won't dare write night elves up or focus too much on any allinace race. With human on the horde, it will stabilize, and we can finally go back to writing a good balanced story, quests , lore without having to skew everything to have one side more attractive so people will play them. Relative racial numbers are no where near s important as faction balance, becuse the game is based on 2 sides, not 14 sides. it's not really important that blood elf players double that of orc players, just that alliance and horde numbers are even,

putting humans playable on the horde, would not matter if they were the most played race there either, the story would continue to highlight and show the conflict blizzard want to show, and if it is an alliance human versus orc then so it would continue to be,

note that having nearly twice as many blood elf players than the next highest played race of the horde hasn't in anyway changed the story of the horde being Orc dominated, - and it wouldn't unless the writers choose to make it so, they don't have to write about blood elves dominating the horde simply because most people play them. Point is, playable living humans will not change the the human vs orc core unless the writers want it too.

More fuel for the Forsaken? Excellent.

Imagine a world where humans don't have the "Every Man for Himself" racial and threads like this don't exist.

Not keen on the idea.

Nah, bollox to that.

you do realize it si the developers that decide to dominate alliance lore with humans right?
    Yes, I do. I realize that given a choice the developers will choose to focus on human lore at the expense of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Not keen on the idea.
    ok, why aren't you too keen on the idea? why do you think it doesn't appeal to yoy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, I do. I realize that given a choice the developers will choose to focus on human lore at the expense of everyone else.
    I'm not really sure why they are doing this though. it's not that hard to write a more interesting story that makes use of others, - but then personally I woudl have preferred if there was a different angle of the story told based on the race you chose, so that every expansion always advanced lore of the race. Wouldn't mind if yeah, your human was your alliance centred, or horde orc centred, but if you rolled #Draenei,or Tauren, you'd be getting their races perspective and involvement/point of view on what was going on in relation to human or orc. But it's their choice.

I can only think by looking at what they've done, again the horde tale being more diverse ,richer and fuller, this is intentional, to make thehorde experience more attractive to encourage your participation so you keep playing horde otherwise those numbers will dropand default to alliance because of humans. As i mentioned earlier they care more about faction numbers than individual numbers, the alliance is human so they laregely write that.

anyway, MoP may have been a "let's get everyone to like Varian" effort hence the rather large focus, Cataclysm at least had a bit more dwarf involvement

Deleted
    Doubt any alliance player would want to join the horde, i mean just look at ogrimmar... such a swinefarm :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I know it sounds really way out there, but before you write the first thing that comes to your mind, STOP a sec, actually think about it and imagine.

this will help, don't think that these are alliance humans joining the horde. Think of this as humans being playable on the horde. I know this isn't easy to think of it like this, but try.

Let me know how you feel about this, why you feel the way that you feel - before you attack the notion of the idea.

It will hlep if you think of the forsaken being the source of the humans. In my version, some of the undead human forsaken somehow get cured, not all of them. It also helps to remember that they really do hate the alliance, so they're loyal to the horde, but also to bear in mind, hating the alliance doesn't mean they're evil, and it's quite possible to write good roles for them, a story of redemption, loyally forsaken, but different because of this transformation.

How will you feel about playing this kind of human on the horde, how do you feel it will affect the game? This is not a proposal topic, it's an exploration one, imagine what if. There are reasons i will share later I do think this will benefit the video game, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    Oh boy look, the one-man "Humans in Horde" campaign made yet another thread.

Deleted
    I would be pissed, I hate (wow) humans.

Would hate it.

I would rather they just get rid of factions completely since they would just be arbitrary at that point.

Eh.

It would be interesting if you could have Forsaken in different stages of decay (shouldn't Forsaken DKs be indistinguishable from Human ones?) but it's probably beyond the ability of WoW's database to give the required number of character customization options.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Kepp humans away from that filthy faction please.

Lore-wise, having humans side / join the Horde is not a problem... there are plenty of human factions,( known, and I'm guessing also unknown), that do not side with any faction, and could easily join the Horde under certain circumstances... In addition.. some human factions are hostile towards the Alliance, and could asociate thememselves with the Horde due to having a shared enemy, or perhaps, a secret schemy plot that requires the Horde to unfold... (interesting )
    That's even without mentioning the multi-racial factions in WoW (Cenarion Circle, Argent Crusade, Shattered Hand Offensive etc. etc.), that have humans in them and could and did ally themselves with the Horde (and alliance) on multiple occassions...
    Also... there are nomadic / solitary humans that could ally themesvles with whomever..
    Basically, it's quite easy to get humans in the Horde, and vice versa, certain Orcs in the Alliance... but why would you ? it would ruin the diversity, mainly game-play wise... if there was a human faction inside the Horde, I'd have it remain an NPC faction, and not as a playable race.

Causing an undead to be so called "cured" (which is infact purified to become a dead corpse, and then ressurected) is pretty much a load of crap...

This would be almost as big a waste of time as giving Alliance High Elves. You can already play humans in game. We just don't need all the same races on both sides. Since you can make characters from both factions on the same server now, this would be a monumental waste of time and perversion of the original Orcs vs Humans concept that the game was built on.

It's kind of cool to have a race from the enemy faction, I'd especially welcome Dark Irons or Eredar(redeemed or something) among our ranks. But I also like the differences between Horde and Alliance. Exchanging races would be a major step towards homogenization, which is dull in most concepts, so this isn't a decision to be made lightly.

I wouldn't want humans in the Horde in any case.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

But my undead character doesn't even have a jaw. Would that be cured too?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't want humans on the horde. There's already enough mistrust. It would feel weird with humans fighting humans in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

it would be me more like Orcs, Humans + Blood Elves .. anyway the only reason you're thinking of it like that is because you're thinking of alliance humans, , alliance humans won't join the horde, forsaken humans on the other hand will remain in the hordeeven after becoming living again, see the difference? ANd oas others have pointed out, forsaken don't have to be the only source of living humans, altho I think they would make a really strong source.
    nah, I just like the old convention of the Horde known from WC RTS. Forsaken are the cool addition and fits to ugly Horde and BElfs are cool Alliance race in Horde. But about Forsaken Humans it would destroy image of the Horde for me. I dont like the idea of 2nd pretty race in Horde because its how I think of the Horde. Yes they are already in the Horde but under zombie form and thats why they fit in Horde for me.
    And I don't like the idea of cured forsaken because I love Forsaken and my main is Forsaken and I chose Forsaken because they are Forsaken.

I dont say that its impossible, I just say that I dont like this idea of cured forsaken.