Deleted

Fallen protectors 10m heroic as a holy paladin

Hello, my guild is going to progress on fallen protectors hc tomorrow, i have a few questions for those who have done this fight.

Divine purpose vs Holy avenger for this fight? and the reason for choosing the talent
    LH vs Holy Prism?
    Did you 2 or 3 heal the fight?
    What build is the most effective for healing this boss? (i'm currently running flat int)
    Any further information you think is useful to me or anyone else reading?

Thanks

Armoury link- http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...epers/advanced

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spent about 90 minutes on this last night, with a wipe at 2% being our closest attempt, however I found the following useful for me:-

Holy Avenger - damage is quite predictable and consistant so getting a spread of Eternals flames on the raid really helps, and will end up doing a fair portion of your healing
    Lights Hammer - ranged can be stacked for a lot of the fight especially during Suns desperate measures phase, though HP will work just as well, better if melee heavy maybe?
    3 healed with a holy priest and shaman - we 3 heal a lot of progression fights and adjust accordingly, I'd recommend 3 to start
    Think most builds will work fine - but I'd say eternal flame is wise talent to take

Managed to kill them for the second time last night and here's what I found useful:

Holy avenger - as for most of the actual encounters, I find it most reliable with the power to blanket all your raid with 3 HoPo EF which is useful, especially during Rook's and Sun's transitions with heavy damages on the raid
    Holy Prism - almost everyone should be spread around the bosses to avoid damages from Sha Sear and the "barrel throw" (can't remember the actual name) so I find HP better than LH (I actually don't like LH, cd's too long and the raid must be packed for too long for it to be efficient)
    We did the fight with 3 healers (Hpal, MW Monk and DiscPriest) and seeing the damages on the raid and the enrage timer, I don't find it worth to be done with only 2 healers (unless you're aiming for a rank). And as Bruta said, we also use 3 heals on almost every encounters on the progress, unless the enrage timer is very short (Norushen)
    I'm currently trying 35% haste cap, not sure if it's worth the loss of mastery (lost almost 5%) but otherwise, my gems are all int/mastery.
    Finally, I'd say EF is a must have, as much as Clemency: tanks have to take heavy damages, so HoSac is great, and overall double HoP will be very enjoyable since Garrotes deal an insane amount of damages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy avenger - there is very few situations if any that would see any use of Divine purpose this tier.
    Holy Prism - LH is a waste on this fight on 10m
    Can be 2 or 3 heals depending on your other healer's strength, but recommend 3 healing it first.
    I've done it as both EF and SH, I wouldn't say that EF is must have, I think SH is good if you 3 heal it. And yes, take clemency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Holy avenger - there is very few situations if any that would see any use of Divine purpose this tier.
    Holy Prism - LH is a waste on this fight on 10m
    Can be 2 or 3 heals depending on your other healer's strength, but recommend 3 healing it first.
    I've done it as both EF and SH, I wouldn't say that EF is must have, I think SH is good if you 3 heal it. And yes, take clemency.
    Considering most of the time the high aoe dmg is going out people can easily be stacked, LH is less of a waste. I've never 3 healed it, but I also can't see why you'd go SH. Too much damage going out to waste time pissing around with judgements.

I got Fallen Protectors on my 10th attempt and I ran EF, Unbreakable Spirit, HA, and Holy Prism. The fight was 3 healed with a Disc Priest and a Resto Shaman. I usually use HA for Rook's first Desperate Measures since there is a TON of raid damage and it's just insane, but I just use it off CD afterwards. My build right now is the 7170 Haste Breakpoint and I try to stay around 17k spirit(spam HR a lot) and I reforge into mastery. I don't really like LH just because it's a 1min CD and I feel like it's just not up for the times I need it the most so I prefer Holy Prism. I've never been a fan of Judgment weaving so I've never personally tested SH I just feel like Judgment for one HP is a waste of a GCD but a lot of people like it this patch so who knows, it could work. Just prepare for extremely high raid damage during Rook's Desperate Measures and use CDs like Smoke Bomb or have your shaman healing tide and ascendence for Sun's Desperate Measures (if you have one) and the fight is a walk in the park.

Holy avenger all the way. You need to boost thruput in the desperate measures phases and this is a reliable way to do it. I personally used lights hammer tho I guess its personal. I can see the +'s and -'s to that and h prism.

I talented clemency for this fight to BoP people who get garrotte. I guess it saves some healing but the bastard things come so thick and fast I'm not sure how useful 3/4 BOP's are in total on this fight.

You'll want to 3 heal it. Unless your raid team is exceptional you'll die a lot with 2. And since you've only just got to it you're good but not exceptional :P

Finally, and its nothing to do with healers, multidotters rock so much on this fight. If you can pick and choose your comp a little take multidotters as preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Finally, and its nothing to do with healers, multidotters rock so much on this fight. If you can pick and choose your comp a little take multidotters as preference.
    Stack Aff Locks if you can =P