Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Non English speaking servers

Is there any possible way to convince Blizzard to seperate English speaking servers from non English speaking? It's just INCREDIBLY frustrating being grouped with people who do not speak English. Especially when you have a tank who obviously doesn't know the dungeon/raid and can't understand instructions. I couldn't tell you how many dungeons or LFR raids I've been in that have failed because the tank didn't speak English and couldn't understand instructions.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't enough of them to make there own group of servers and stop being so small minded. Maybe they are sick of you not speaking there language. English isn't the end all language.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    There isn't enough of them to make there own group of servers and stop being so small minded. Maybe they are sick of you not speaking there language. English isn't the end all language.
    English is some pretty much all understand and can talk. im swedish...i wish all the world talk english -_-

Smallminded =/= Not being able to effectively communicate. You sound simpleminded.

It's simple-minded to wish that you do not have to be grouped with people that you cannot communicate with because of a language barrier?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty if English players out there equally as difficult to communicate with o.0
    I'm English, I speak 5 languages, I enjoy trying to ununderstand it all
    Except Russian, that shit just twists my brain right up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It's simple-minded to wish that you do not have to be grouped with people that you cannot communicate with because of a language barrier?
    On Illidan I sometimes read the chat and occasionally we get a couple of people saying things but it's in Korean. The items they link are also in Korean yet somehow the system will auto translate what it is. I think Blizzard can manage to have to where whatever client you are running that it will auto translate others of other clients to the language of yours. If you run into people using a Russian client and get grouped up with English clients then both systems will auto translate to help out the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    On Illidan I sometimes read the chat and occasionally we get a couple of people saying things but it's in Korean. The items they link are also in Korean yet somehow the system will auto translate what it is. I think Blizzard can manage to have to where whatever client you are running that it will auto translate others of other clients to the language of yours. If you run into people using a Russian client and get grouped up with English clients then both systems will auto translate to help out the other.
    It only translates like this because of the itemID being linked to descriptions in different languages, it wouldn't be able to translate actual chat.

Deleted
    Such is the life with multinational games, WoW is actaully one of the better when it comes to english speakers.

For some reason ive still only had good experience with other language based realms. Russia got some pro PvPers, and Ive basicly done Flex Pugs every week with Pro Spanish players since 5.4 Gotta love openraid

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Is there any possible way to convince Blizzard to seperate English speaking servers from non English speaking? It's just INCREDIBLY frustrating being grouped with people who do not speak English. Especially when you have a tank who obviously doesn't know the dungeon/raid and can't understand instructions. I couldn't tell you how many dungeons or LFR raids I've been in that have failed because the tank didn't speak English and couldn't understand instructions.
    Quite frankly, you have been on MMO-Champ since May 2010 and you still want to try and beat this dead horse?

I'm not against you. Being a Brazilian player who HATES grouping with other Brazilians simply because they don't make the least effort to do anything, be it communicate or even perform their role, I feel your pain.

But again. It's a dead horse. Leave it alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't enough of them to make there own group of servers
    Since when is that our problem?

Maybe they are sick of you not speaking there language. English isn't the end all language.
    You're right, English isn't, but I would atleast like to be grouped with people that speak the same language that I do, and they really don't have the "grounds" to be sick of people not speaking their language, seeing as they're grouped with people from English Speaking servers to lower their queue times.

But I forgot, last time I made a thread asking for reasons for people with a language barrier being grouped with one another, I was called a "racist" and a "xenophobe"...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolucion View Post
    But again. It's a dead horse. Leave it alone.
    Why do people have such respect for dead horses? If it was a dead cow people would be getting their forks and fire up the barbecue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It only translates like this because of the itemID being linked to descriptions in different languages, it wouldn't be able to translate actual chat.
    Yeah and now that I think about it certain languages don't all have 100% crossover translation wise.

He didn't say they need to learn English or quit wow he said he wished there was a way to not get grouped with people who didn't know English because they cant communicate in a game that requires communication.

10+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure WoW is an english speaking game, with the exception of Chinese realms (which are separated), you should speak english or blizzard should separate their realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Such is the life with multinational games, WoW is actaully one of the better when it comes to english speakers.
    I do know that the game does not translate the players pet name, I am fought a mage and his pet is was named Agua....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    im pretty sure WoW is an english speaking game, with the exception of Chinese realms (which are separated), you should speak english or blizzard should separate their realms
    European servers have french, german, spanish, russian and atleast one portugese server.... So no its far from all English, and its not that often, but often enough that you get into groups for BGs and Raids that contain people who cant speak a word english, and it is incredibly annoying when you need them to beat the challange ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    European servers
    North American Servers, atleast, shouldn't be grouped with Latin America/Brazilian Realms, considering most of our players are from the United States, Canada, and a few Aussies here and there, so grouping up with South Americans is....frustrating beyond belief, atleast terrible English Speaking Players can be coached (for the most part) that option really doesn't exist for someone outside of Copy+Pasting broken Spanish/Portugese from GoogleTranslate, which nobody wants to, or should have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    There are American servers, European servers and Asian servers.
    I don't know how the American ones are split up, but I think the Asian ones are split up in Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese realms(correct me if I'm wrong).

The European realms are split up in English(109), German(87), French(37), Spanish(11) and Russian(20) realms. There are only two Italian realms and only one Portuguese realm, and those three share battlegrounds and dungeons with the English realms.
    The English realms have people from all over Europe, even from the countries that have their own realms mentioned above, so there are a lot of people that won't be able to communicate well in English even on the English realms. Some English realms have even been "taken over" by people from a certain country and on those realms you will pretty much only find people writing in the offical language of that country, which isn't fun if you decide to reroll on a new realm and don't find out until you've leveled a bit(and this is one of the reasons people should research before trying on a new realm :P).

http://i.imgur.com/zyXGBkx.jpg