10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no Joy don't start the trend MMO-Cing your food!

+22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Holypriests have been so much more fun ever since we got chakra. I love it.

I remember when it was on a 30 sec cd back in tier 11 in cata, holypriests were gimped as hell compared to hpallys but very very very fun. I made it work anyway.
    It still is on a 30 second CD. Just the effects of the Chakra are permanent until you manually change Chakra.

I love Holy and all it entails, but my major issue with it is that the Chakra only really brings you into line with the other healer's aoe/single target output (well.. OK maybe not Disc Priests, but they're a whole other ball game). Which means while you have half of your healing kit optimised, the rest of it is going to be below what others can output. So while everyone else can put out the same healing no matter how often they switch between aoe and single target, a Holy priest simply can't.

I always thought the difficulty behind Holy Priest was in mastering the exceptionally large toolkit (right spell for the right job) and mastering your mana (Holy Priests are a drain for the blue stuff. More so than for any other healer spec). And the return benefit once you'd mastered that was the ability to output some astonishingly high burst healing at the cost of your blue bar. Now it just feels that with Chakra you have to pray to the gods of RNG that your tank won't get spiked while you're in sanctuary Chakra for example. It just feels so.... throttled now.

What it should be is an empowering CD. I feel it's what Holy is lacking a little. We have one major through-put CD in Divine Hymn, and then a second (situational since it will only attempt to heal sub... 50% I think it is. Might be lower i.e. in the 30% range) in Lightspring. Though we can glyph it to the original Lightwell, but then you have the fun and games of getting your damn raid to click the bloody thing. And then there's Guardian Spirit... Handy if the fucking thing doesn't bug out. It can be used as a throughput CD, but really that's only possible when you get to farm content since it is the epitome of 'oh shit' cooldowns. Otherwise there's Divine Spirit that allows you to heal once you're dead, but tbh if you're playing properly, you should never die unless you're about to wipe.

So, make the holy words baseline (yay more spells! ) and then make Chakra a 3-5 minute CD that boosts the entire toolkit by 30%, but spells are 30% more expensive or something. Or hell, have it reverted back to it being a stance dance ability again (i.e. as it is now, but without the 30second CD). Or combine the two to make it a stance dance where when you are in Chakra, you have a boost to all your spells but with the additional mana cost so you have a boost when you need it (and thus you can use it on the move... stupid channeled divine hymn/hymn of hope), but it is unsustainable for long periods of time.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Dyra talking a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Oh no Joy don't start the trend MMO-Cing your food!

+22
    U so mad

- - - Updated - - -

Or you could just spec disc....

Deleted
    Oh and about your healing setup, I don't see why your pally wouldn't heal the tanks and throw eternal flames on the raid, the only time he would specifically spam heal the tanks then would be when corrosive blast hit or after a submerg phase where he has a lot of the pool-stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Dyra talking a lot
    Well I do love my Priest. :3

I just seem to have a talent for picking and loving classes and specs that have some major deep down issues. Well except Shadow. All Shadow really needs atm is a boost to single target DPS (and maybe a minor buff across the board to DoTs) and maybe something like the ability Boomkins have to make casting SW:P on the move actually worth it. Or even a new spell for that like Scorch. Shadow is one class that definitely needs some more spells. Survivability and utility actually isn't too bad (despite it having been repeatedly slashed to near 0 over the course of the entire x-pac ). Just atm Holy Priest seems to be the unloved child of the healers.

+20

- - - Updated - - -

BLASPHEMY!

I could, but I've disposed of all my crit gear now. Plus I honest to god hate Disc with a burning passion. I've played it, I'm actually OK at it, I just really do not enjoy it.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Shadows single target dps isn't too bad, and only really ever shows on malkrok, nazgrim and thok this tier due to there being adds or what nots to dot up for either procs or that damage increase off low hp stuffs

Disc was so cool. Pew pew penance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and about your healing setup, I don't see why your pally wouldn't heal the tanks and throw eternal flames on the raid, the only time he would specifically spam heal the tanks then would be when corrosive blast hit or after a submerg phase where he has a lot of the pool-stacks.
    To reach the MT, he'd have to be really quite close to them, and thus lose range to most of the rest of the raid. Plus (as I said) we're using him as a Righteous Fury beacon to make the adds pick up easier, so ideally he has to be placed in the middle of everyone. TBH I'm going to suggest we try that on Sunday anyway.

One thing that's pissing us off is the sha pools. I swear they're dropping waaaaaaaaaaaay more frequently than they were on normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadows single target dps isn't too bad, and only really ever shows on malkrok, nazgrim and thok this tier due to there being adds or what nots to dot up for either procs or that damage increase off low hp stuffs
    Malkorok has adds on hc only I thought. :S And Thok only has one add until he's on the move. And that damn thing dies quick enough. I don't know what the difference is on heroic.

Nazgrim is fine. I like Nazgrim.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I forgot to say! I got my Hearthstone beta key!

*spins around*

Yey!

Why is everyone so exited about this Hearthstone? I had a quick look and went ugh seems boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Oh and I forgot to say! I got my Hearthstone beta key!

*spins around*
    Jelly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Yey!

Why is everyone so exited about this Hearthstone? I had a quick look and went ugh seems boring as hell.
    Because I'm a card games nerd.
    Fuck yeah Yu-Gi-Oh was the shit when I was 12.

Yes, back then it was cool. With actual cards and stuff. But cards on a computer? Seems silly to me.

Deleted
    That's what I meant (though I meant iron juggernaut not nazgrim), all the other fights have a way for spriest to boost their single target damage

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been unsubbed from wow such a short time my sub hasn't even ran out yet and this just made me want to go back for some reason.
    Damn you WoW!

Yes, back then it was cool. With actual cards and stuff. But cards on a computer? Seems silly to me.
    So is your face.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    So is your face.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Og1NB7Z.gif[IMG]
    Overexposure to that GIF is making it lame.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Overexposure to that GIF is making it lame.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hFOMvMJ.gif[IMG]
    Yeah no.

[14:32:42] Anakso: yes
    [14:33:14] Hunty: yes
    [14:34:00] Anakso: No
    [14:34:10] Hunty: yes
    [14:34:57] Rasmus: yes
    [14:35:24] Fox: pie
    [14:36:19] Anakso: chocolate

PvM skype has the best conversations.