Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I thought his reviews are honest and unbiased. That was before I've seen his GW2 review. Since then I don't watch him anymore.
    Was it 10 out of 10 he gave it? Bit overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I thought his reviews are honest and unbiased. That was before I've seen his GW2 review. Since then I don't watch him anymore.
    Out of curiosity, why does everyone harp on this review so much? It's not the first time he's gushed over a game and it wasn't the last.

I like that he's honest and passionate about gaming. I dislike that he is often excessively over the top, though it's genuinely hard to tell if it's just for show or a general thing; he appears to be a very loud person in general, often accompanying most things he says with hand gestures and such.

I like some of his reviews but not others, mostly due to some of them becoming little more than him shouting non stop. Overall, he's generally a good reviewer, but far more subjective than most, though he does not try to hide this - he always expressly states that x/y/z is or isn't what he wants in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Overall, he's generally a good reviewer, but far more subjective than most, though he does not try to hide this - he always expressly states that x/y/z is or isn't what he wants in a game.
    This is why I like him. He owns is subjectivity. He does try to look past it at times, but he never tries to ignore it. He never pretends that it isn't a factor in his review. We need more of this, because far too many people pretend their own biases don't factor into their reviews, when it's completely impossible for your biases not to play a part in your critique of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Was it 10 out of 10 he gave it? Bit overkill.
    Bah, he also said he likes Planetside 2, which imo sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Bah, he also said he likes Planetside 2, which imo sucks ass.
    Reviews are matter of opinions, if he liked GW2 and Planetside 2 and thought that they were great games then why should he give them a lesser score just because SOME people didn't like these games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Given Gw2 10/10 put me off for like a month, but I forgave him that indiscretion, he gives fantastic reviews that are entertaining to watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Reviews are matter of opinions, if he liked GW2 and Planetside 2 and thought that they were great games then why should he give them a lesser score just because SOME people didn't like these games?
    10 out of 10 is a perfect score, GW2 is great and all but shouldn't a perfect score mean perfect game? GW2 had some problems at launch, a few major ones, and probably still have some issues.

Funnily for 10 out of 10 game that he loved, he stopped playing quite quickly. And his guild is pretty much gone

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Given Gw2 10/10 put me off for like a month, but I forgave him that indiscretion, he gives fantastic reviews that are entertaining to watch.
    See, I don't get this mentality. "I only like this guy when he says things I agree with." I disagree with a lot of his opinions and the scores he's given many games, but I don't like him any less for it. He's got different opinions and tastes, that's one of the reasons I watch his videos sometimes.

his letsplays are shit and i often don't agree with him but the reviews are really fun to watch.
    Last edited by Joey Ray III; 2013-10-18 at 11:42 PM.

Watch him for his reviews inn games Im interested inn. Pretty fun guy, like him alot. Saw many off his videos to learn more about games I didnt know.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

One of the few honest reviewers left i like him does a good job and is pretty funny sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    See, I don't get this mentality. "I only like this guy when he says things I agree with." I disagree with a lot of his opinions and the scores he's given many games, but I don't like him any less for it. He's got different opinions and tastes, that's one of the reasons I watch his videos sometimes.
    Nearly everything about the video irritated me, at a time I was easily irritated by GW2, it put me off for a bit, its quite easy, if it had been any other game but GW2 and at that precise time, of course it wouldnt matter, in fact I watched the GW2 video only recently, and it only vaguely irritated me. It was a one off instance.

I watch every review he puts out, and I really like him. May be because we got similar taste but every game he loved, i have loved.

Deleted
    I think a lot people saw him as all the horrible game-review sites with that one. He didn't focus much or at all on problems or bugs, end-game, balance etc. and still gave it a perfect score. I think it was wrong of him to jump on the MMO review wagon, since it is a very difficult beast to handle.

I actually think he later on wrote he was wrong or too generous but not sure.

I don't get this mentality either. If I only followed reviewers I agreed with 100% then I would have to start a blog so I had something to read on the internet.

He's really annoying.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    He's one of the better reviewers IMO, though I still prefer TB. I do wish he'd tone down on the cosplay and other side theatrics, they can take up some time on that review.
    Exactly this.

I really enjoy and respect his reviews but the cosplay aspects have become too much of a part of the show imho. I can't remember if it was GTA5 or another game but it was like a 20 minute cosplay show...before the actual review even started. If he's going to have long cosplay segments then it needs to have Lisa Foiles in it:

I think that finding a game reviewer that is in-line with your own likes/dislikes about games is more important than any singular personality tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I watch every review he puts out, and I really like him. May be because we got similar taste but every game he loved, i have loved.
    There have been a few that Angry Joe has absolutely loved and I couldn't stand (Guild Wars 2, for example) but overall he's still pretty good at giving that good and bad of it.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    There have been a few that Angry Joe has absolutely loved and I couldn't stand (Guild Wars 2, for example) but overall he's still pretty good at giving that good and bad of it.
    GW2 was a bit over the top also imo, but i can totally understand where he is coming from. He played a lot of WvWvW with his group of friends in a big organized party. I can see how that can be amazingly fun. I don't like that he imo wastes time reviewing console games, as i am strictly a PC-gamer (heck i have not owned any console since N64). Which is a reason why i really like TB.

Well subjective is subjective. There are games in which got stellar reviews and I can't stand (such as the whole final fantasy series of games for me) but that is just preference. So while he may really like a game that you don't particularly like I don't think you just throw everything he says out of the window.

I find him entertaining, which is rare for a reviewer.