Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What is the best gemming strategy for challenge mods and proving ground? Is the weight of 0.5 str > 1 haste?

Quote Originally Posted by cynnerdev View Post
    Hi guys, just a quick one.

I was smashing DPS previously before 5.4 I know there were obvious changes but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm doing decent DPS but getting outdone by Hunters, Warlocks etc with lower item levels. This was a reroll for my guild so it's 80% done with cloak quest. I have 14 days played on this character so far, so its very fresh.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Dies/simple
    WoL: worldoflogs.com/reports/y6a7jn0mvhgh7cjp/

I did a lot of AoE damage in that WoL I'm having issues with single target mainly. I'm a little bit confused as to how to weigh my stats with haste etc. I just want to make sure I'm getting the maximum DPS. Also my bracers, I'm having bad luck with them, so the ones I have are my offspec ones at the moment.
    Your gemming, enchanting and reforging seem pretty spot on.
    The Fusion-Fire Core is great for AoE, but is lacking on single target dps.
    You have engineering but don't have synapse springs on your gloves. Macro that in with ES/LH casts and you'll see a bit of an increase in dps.
    You don't have any set bonuses. This will impact your dps quite a bit.
    You used Hammer of the Righteous and Seal of the Righteousness a lot. Are you making sure only to use HotR as 4+ targets and SoR at 6+?
    On Galakras, you are using a ton of HotR/SoR but you're also talenting ES instead of LH. If there's that many mobs to cleave you should use LH.
    Your ES damage on Norushen seems pretty low. Your Exorcism damage seems a little high. Check your priorities?

Deleted
    Not sure where to put this; seemed like as good a place as any. Ok, so I finally have my 4-set (resorting to LFR piece until I get the normal hat piece) and am trying to get tell me when to inform me when I can use my 4-set. The problem I'm having is that no matter how I organise it, I keep getting the indication whenever my 4-set buff activates even when DS is not useable (because of either not enough holy power or no DP proc). CLC Ret doesn't allow it to be built into the priority string as things stand and I' not a fan of weak auras.

Is there an elegant way of getting TMW to let me know when my 4-set DS proc is actually available to use with 100% reliability? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say WeakAuras addon http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras/. It did work for me on the PTR, haven't setuped it on the Live realm yet.
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Not sure where to put this; seemed like as good a place as any. Ok, so I finally have my 4-set (resorting to LFR piece until I get the normal hat piece) and am trying to get tell me when to inform me when I can use my 4-set. The problem I'm having is that no matter how I organise it, I keep getting the indication whenever my 4-set buff activates even when DS is not useable (because of either not enough holy power or no DP proc). CLC Ret doesn't allow it to be built into the priority string as things stand and I' not a fan of weak auras.

Is there an elegant way of getting TMW to let me know when my 4-set DS proc is actually available to use with 100% reliability? Thanks.
    I stopped using TMW just because of things like this and switched to WA. Once you spend an hour or so learning Weak Auras you'll be able to make anything you want pretty quickly. There's also the ability to just google it as there are tons and tons of WeakAuras out there for anything you can think of.

TL;DR: I don't know how to do that in TMW.

Deleted
    Thanks anyway. As I say, I'm not a real fan of WA; I may look at it again at the end of this tier and while getting ready for the next expansion but will stick with what I know for now. I do have a fudge that I am using with it atm so I'll see how that goes.

Does anyone know if I can optimize my character any better? I think I went overboard with exp/haste gems but it seems to work well
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otcom/advanced

I would drop 2 of your full Haste gems and make them 2 Mastery gems. You'd be at your Haste soft cap. Also, Holy Prism? It's not really the talent you want to use. Glyph of Inquisition is also bad. Don't use it in raids. Ever. Put Synapse Springs on your gloves! I see a lot of Engineers that don't have this on their gloves. Macro it in with ES/LH so you use it first to buff your tier 6 talents.

Hello,
    I am a regular holy paly but has been delegated to the role of a swap-healer in my 10M raids now. I know not having great gear puts me back but I was wondering if there was any other ways I could improve. Thanks.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/character/balnazzar/Monika/
    WoL Links: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ard/?enc=kills (Garrosh), http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4zg5tmwgkwmpwks0/ (Bunch of Garrosh Wipes), sorry for lack of better logs but I don't DPS a lot and those are probably the more serious attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    I would drop 2 of your full Haste gems and make them 2 Mastery gems. You'd be at your Haste soft cap. Also, Holy Prism? It's not really the talent you want to use. Glyph of Inquisition is also bad. Don't use it in raids. Ever. Put Synapse Springs on your gloves! I see a lot of Engineers that don't have this on their gloves. Macro it in with ES/LH so you use it first to buff your tier 6 talents.
    Thanks a lot, Tanyn.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    Hello,
    I am a regular holy paly but has been delegated to the role of a swap-healer in my 10M raids now. I know not having great gear puts me back but I was wondering if there was any other ways I could improve. Thanks.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/character/balnazzar/Monika/
    WoL Links: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ard/?enc=kills (Garrosh), http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4zg5tmwgkwmpwks0/ (Bunch of Garrosh Wipes), sorry for lack of better logs but I don't DPS a lot and those are probably the more serious attempts.
    Gear:
    1. Change one of your str/haste gems to exp/haste and then reforge the Hit from your Band of the Scaled Tyrant to Mastery (it's Expertise currently).
    2. Strength to bracer enchant.

Glyphs:
    1. Do not use Glyph of Inquisition. This is a DPS nerf. A large one. There is never a situation when you want to run this anymore.

WoL:
    1. Hard to tell on Garrosh. It swings heavily from AoE at the start to single target or AoE depending on your strat. Nothing jumps out at me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Thanks a lot, Tanyn.
    No problem.

Deleted
    Glyphs:
    1. Do not use Glyph of Inquisition. This is a DPS nerf. A large one. There is never a situation when you want to run this anymore.
    Why do you think so? It certainly used to be, but now there is no negative effect from having the glyph. I don't personally rate it myself as it would only be useful on a fight with regular adds, and I'd rather take other glyphs in those situations. But I don't see how it's a dps nerf.

snip
    Thanks for your help! I think the 10% reduction tooltip is old. In certain fights with no adds I would use other ones for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Why do you think so? It certainly used to be, but now there is no negative effect from having the glyph. I don't personally rate it myself as it would only be useful on a fight with regular adds, and I'd rather take other glyphs in those situations. But I don't see how it's a dps nerf.
    Its not a DPS nerf anymore, it WAS, but with the 5.4 changes, i feel the glyph is a QOL glyph and a very good leveling/grinding glyph. I think Tanyn has it confused with the old glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn View Post
    Its not a DPS nerf anymore, it WAS, but with the 5.4 changes, i feel the glyph is a QOL glyph and a very good leveling/grinding glyph. I think Tanyn has it confused with the old glyph.
    Yeah. I did. You know I thought it was under a different name. If you goto the armory page and hover over it, it still shows the old tooltip. My bad. It's not a bad glyph for fights with adds or grinding. Completely my bad for not realizing it was the same glyph just changed. I actually use this glyph occassionally too. Although in raiding I usually find other glyphs a little more useful. Hand of Sacrifice, Double Jeopardy, Mass Exorcism (not as much anymore), Templar's Verdict, Divine Protection, etc.

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/antonidas/Krisiries/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-47jtjcl3liq2rbck/

I've been horribly inconsistent on my DPS and I don't know why, the sha of pride kill on my report shows my best DPS period and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm still fairly green at ret DPS but I've read guides and practiced but I'm not improving as much as I feel I should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solank View Post
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/antonidas/Krisiries/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-47jtjcl3liq2rbck/

I've been horribly inconsistent on my DPS and I don't know why, the sha of pride kill on my report shows my best DPS period and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm still fairly green at ret DPS but I've read guides and practiced but I'm not improving as much as I feel I should be.
    Don't be too hard on yourself. You've got an awful weapon, one awful trinket, no T15 4-pc for single-target, and neither LMG nor Legendary cloak. 175k DPS is by no means shameful with the godawful gear you have. Once you get your hands on a weapon that isn't absolute garbage, even a 553 agi one, your DPS will shoot up above the 200k mark reliably - especially because going by your logs, you seem to be doing mostly everything right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xoqtpie/simple
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yr155bnk07gm1wyw/

I really hoping the community to help me find out why I am doing so abysmal damage on all fights when compared to other melee in our guild. I believe I should be higher than where I am right now but I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I do have access to 3/5 t16 with heroic shoulder from protectors as my off-piece should I hopefully get my helm tier this week.
    I do mainly use the current glyphs and talents as my norm. On galakras, I was the melee that had to go up into the towers.
    I was suffering with low fps previously during boss encounters, like close 3-5 fps but I did a UI reset by deleting the WTF, Cache.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Frustration :(

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndora/advanced
    World Of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=5256&e=5598

So yeah I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong. Back in 5.2 I would do equal dps with our hunter Donnachaidh, and now I'm hardly doing anywhere close to that. I know all the stat priorities, reforges, cooldown macros, etc. I do use AskMrRobot for reforges, so I'm at a complete loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I don't have the legendary cape or 4 pc, but neither of those are by any standards a huge dps improvement to single-target fights (so I've been told).

If there's anything that I'm doing wrong I would much appreciate it, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Velshin/simple

With my current haste which is above 44% unbuffed do you guys think now it's a good time to change to mastery or shall I wait to get the full set of tier 16?

Because I heard from some other ret players that when you have above 17k haste should change to mastery this patch..so just wanna make sure is that true? or not a big deal?