Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    You pay to access the game server, that's it.
    I think we pay for a bit more than that

I hardly think adding one new pet, or a new mount, and some current tier-appropriate gear would be a massive time sink.

What is it with you people, everything is always in extremes with you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they need to do is update the events and make them fun. They've been the same damn thing for the most part all these years. They need new fun vanity items or quests to get involved in. SOMETHING.

Increasing the item level of the drops to 496 surely would not have taken a vast majority of the valuable time of the next xpac designers, nor would it have had any game breaking consequences on itemization, yet it would have brought more incentive to run the event bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You want holiday content or another raid.
    I honestly do not know what is more embarrassing a game's company the size of Blizzard that has an income in excess of $200 million per quarter using this excuse or its players accepting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosta View Post
    I think we pay for a bit more than that
    Obviously you do. Every forum lawyer quoting the agreement before you log in the game misses the point. Obviously nobody pays to just log onto the server, they pay for the content. The legalese at the start is just to prevent individuals or groups from suing the developers and not an argument for one game design or another.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    That's nice. Now back to my original statement, they should add reason for everyone to run the dungeon.
    So you want them to add new things every second so that people who are lucky to get one thing can get another? Good way to make already rare items even more rare with 50 new items every year. Someone will always get something so it would be never ending. People wanted account wide mounts/pets and now you have to deal with the consequences. Before that you had several alts who needed to run it. Don't blame Blizzard for lessening the need to do it blame the community for account wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    What they need to do is update the events and make them fun. They've been the same damn thing for the most part all these years. They need new fun vanity items or quests to get involved in. SOMETHING.
    I guess they don't see the point because most people have done everything at least over the years once and considering players blow through content so fast, they feel their man power is best used for future patches/expansions. I've always found this to be an excuse though because if they really cared, they'd do it. Clearly they don't feel it would make a difference if they did add something new. /shrug

With so much more man power though, you think they'd do something. Maybe next expansion they will. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I honestly do not know what is more embarrassing a game's company the size of Blizzard that has an income in excess of $200 million per quarter using this excuse or its players accepting it.
    In their defence it doesn't matter how much money you have you can't buy more time or build a time machine. However the "you want X or another raid" dilemna is easily solved. X is preferable to another raid. Another raid is the same crap we've always had and my feeling is that you'll start to see less and less people being drawn back to the game by that each patch. The developers have GROSSLY misjudged the appeal of that content.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-10-19 at 09:09 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Man, a lot of people want the bare minimum and settle for very little. That's, actually, very disturbing, though, not much surprising!

I just don't understand this obscene reluctance to call Blizzard's choices into question by a certain group of people.

You can love the company, and still critique them, you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Increasing the item level of the drops to 496 surely would not have taken a vast majority of the valuable time of the next xpac designers, nor would it have had any game breaking consequences on itemization, yet it would have brought more incentive to run the event bosses.
    I think Blizzard just doesn't care, and considering most of their playerbase seems to not care, they won't ever care. Blizzard is a real "Do the minimum to be rewarded for it" company.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You just have to ask yourself, is this raid related content for the hardcore minority?

If the answer is no, then it isn't important in the eyes of Blizzard.
    Yep, just like how Timeless Isle (Huge chunk of game development spent on rubbish) is "raid related content for the hardcore minority", right?
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    honestly expected free to play game with smaller content,while paid to play game plus added game shop to have many updates small or big just any update to the game every month or 2 not every 6-8months. also add new stuff to the holidays like hallow end not just a small item gear upgrade.
    blizz got the money and resource to do small holiday/event patch between their big tier raid patch.

Laziness, which is the normal reason with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Yep, just like how Timeless Isle (Huge chunk of game development spent on rubbish) is "raid related content for the hardcore minority", right?
    Yes it is. It gets theirs alts and friends back into raiding asap without having to do anything else. It's all designed as a funnel to get into raid. Virtually any content that provides any significant gear reward is aimed to funnel you into raiding at whatever level asap. ALl other content is subservient to that. I agree it was a waste of game development though. THey may as well get rid of the island and hand out a vendor with the gear and simple put all the time back into raiding. Why bother with the pretense of doing anything else I don't know but they do. Maybe face saving measures. Maybe so they can protest we did more than just raids while mostly just doing raids.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    You want holiday content or another raid.
    i dont think that is a fair comparison.. how about do i want a new holiday event or another in between patch, like 5.1 or 5.3? yah id like an updated holiday event instead. something different to do for a change.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i dont think that is a fair comparison.. how about do i want a new holiday event or another in between patch, like 5.1 or 5.3? yah id like an updated holiday event instead. something different to do for a change.
    the point i think was that the streamlining of content production (in the direction of raiding) leaves very little room for anything significant. I guess they could just up the ilvl on the gear or reuse some raid asset and boss but give him a christmas hat. That christmas hat is probably one less piece of art for the boss loot table though. Would that suffice for you? Well alright then I can't really explain why BLizzard doesn't do the barest minimum. Ultimately I do think it goes back raid or die because well that's all they consider and everything else doesn't even get any time to be looked at never mind actual design time.
    The hammer comes down:

It'd be fun to have them update the holidays, however they only last two weeks and I'd rather have those resources put into the next expansion over something that only happens two weeks out of a year.

So Blizzard might get the next expac out 10 minutes later if they upgrade the gear drops from holiday events?
    Fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    the point i think was that the streamlining of content production (in the direction of raiding) leaves very little room for anything significant. I guess they could just up the ilvl on the gear or reuse some raid asset and boss but give him a christmas hat. That christmas hat is probably one less piece of art for the boss loot table though. Would that suffice for you? Well alright then I can't really explain why BLizzard doesn't do the barest minimum. Ultimately I do think it goes back raid or die because well that's all they consider and everything else doesn't even get any time to be looked at never mind actual design time.
    i still dont get why you keep going back to a raid vs updated holiday stuff, when there is clearly 2 different kinds of patches. As it is now there is 1) Raid tiers/PvP season (which we can agree is what a majority of the players look forward too, both for PvE progression and PvP new seasons) and then there is 2) which has been little story content patches and some balance changes.

now im not saying that EVERY holiday need be updated at the same time, but i think they could do one event at a time, and create a new series of events over time that happen along side of the current holiday events (no reason to remove those). that can be included in these smaller non-raid/PvP season patches.

the holiday events are exactly as fun as they were intended to be. in that they were fun the first time you did them for the 1~2 weeks that they lasted. after that they just be came a chore as you fight against horrible RNG to try and get that last reward. or a new item on an alt. updating these holiday events provide a break to the norm "do daily stuff to farm raid gear" concept that is what players do now. just a little vacation from that every 2 or 3 months.

you're right that blizzard is focused on these Raid/PvP patches a bit too much, at the expense of other ideas. but for the sake of this thread, yes it would be nice if they surprised us and tried to do something new.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-10-19 at 09:48 PM.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    I would love to see more updates for all events really, dont care about the gear, but new stuff, quests and such voice of headless horseman is amazing (OT)

Laziness and taking their consumers for granted. Losing 5 million hasn't been enough to make them humble and respect their consumers.