Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is bullshit and your basicly butthurt caus your favorite expansion didn't make the "best of all"

let's face it , this game is almost 10 years old. People are moving on. Some go to LoL, some back to their PS4 , some only play it casual. Some like the "real" MMo feeling. The real MMO thing that, grind grind grind. Vanilla like, so they move on to other games.

I for one , love fantasy and shit. Like the hobbit , LOTRO and the wow universe itself. But MoP...sorry but not my game. It is fun to play with friends sure. But what is their really to do after i capped my conquest and killed my LFR bosses for the week ? As a casual player who does not want to put much time in PVE nor PVP. That time has passed for me. I am not going to attach myself to "8 to 11" raiding anymore. And there are many like me.

In wotlk you had an amazing story , lot's of casual PVE where you could clear content in 3-5 hours (like LFR but then people themself made the groups ) Arena was alot more fun. Even in cata i could camp rare pets , grind the factions like Rhamakan (mounts / enchant ) and for some reason PVP was not as imbalanced as now. Leveling an alt was quick and refreshing.

Plus pandaria is basicly boring exept for Shrine. Thats the only place i visit. Shrine and the PvP vendors, oh and my weekly visit to the timeles isle for the world boss.

So yes maybe it's MoP that is not appealing to me or it is just that i spend to much time in this game. Many friends don't play anymore and the one friends i spend alot of time with only PVES.

this could be only me or this could be alot more people.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    my beef with mop is the actual land of pandaria. i don't think it's very well designed and put together, the zones are very bland and forgettable imo. which is sad cause zone design in wow was really great up to mop. and i actually like asian themes... it could have been so much more.

raids look good though (well, as good as they can look with the current 'come up with bosses first, design location around them later' philosophy) and pandas don't bother me at all (seriously, we had little girls with pink hair tanking spawns from hell since vanilla).
    I think too many zones look alike. Jade Forest, Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Valley of the Four Winds. Even Towlong Steppes is not that different.

Only Dreadwastes and Krasarang stand out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post

In wotlk you had an amazing story , lot's of casual PVE where you could clear content in 3-5 hours (like LFR but then people themself made the groups ) Arena was alot more fun. Even in cata i could camp rare pets , grind the factions like Rhamakan (mounts / enchant ) and for some reason PVP was not as imbalanced as now. Leveling an alt was quick and refreshing.

The more GC tries to balance the classes/specs in PvE and PvP, the worse it becomes. In the name of balance, stats, slots, talent trees have been removed, still we are yet to see the ever sought for "balance". Simplifying and dumbing down destroyed the game, but still did not help with the balance. Hell, if there was no GC, the game would be perhaps better balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    This post?

I'm still trying to decipher it, what exactly are you trying to say?
    To the last sentence: But they didn't do that, Pandaren are as they are.
    And if you don't like them: Fine! I don't mind.

It's not a good point, it's an opinion.
    Opinions can't be bad and in the same line of thought they can't be 'good'.

He doesn't like the zones, that is fine.
    I do like them and it's one of my favourite things of this expansion.
    To me they look and feel more realistic than the randomness we encountered in other expansions.
    Let me help you.
    Hold my hand.

You're talking of "pandas" or "demons" as if those "subjects" by themselves would be an index of something's maturity.
    "Demons" don't make a game grim, "pandas" don't make it childish.
    HOWEVER
    Pandas with "epicurean" and "bouncy" traits, with a "nomnom language" do.
    And to be honest, what really im struggling to understand and really is hard to decipher, is how you can't see that.
    I understand opinions are personal, you can like pandaren for the very same reasons I don't like them that's fine. But their traits, their language, their shape, sorry, they are hints to me that the pandaren weren't "taken seriously" when implemented.
    I don't like that, I don't like pandaren in this shape.
    I would have love them hunched and feral, like furbolgs.

Am I a lol panda hater?
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-10-19 at 07:12 PM.

I'm still trying to decipher it, what exactly are you trying to say?
    I knew you would be incapable of comprehending. Keep trolling, you are just so unaware of your condition.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-19 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted

Thank you, can you now point out the word 'all' or can we stop this straw-man?
    Still playing games?

If you aren't including all then why is "12 year old gamers LOVE panda's" anything to make fun about? There probably are some 12 year old gamers who love pandas.

Deleted
    The whole "MoP didn't fit" isn't about MoP being childish or not...
    ...it's about MoP being freaking World of China and not World of Warcraft.

I log in and do not have that WoW feelings...the bulidings are china-oriented...the music is china-oriented...the whole philosophy is china-oriented.

But Why? Only because Panda is typical chinese animal?

No...

It's bescause of Money....

The Only Pandaren in the Warcraft Universe i knew (before Mop), was the Pandaren Brewmaster of WC3...and he had nothing do to with China.

Don't get me wrong. I love the chinese culture...the asian in general. But when i log in, i want the World of Warcraft...not China...

Anyway this Expansion is fun...also without that particular WoW feeling.

Djalil and Erenusto explain two different aspects of pandas that make them unappealing to average American player. I agree with both.

I would take a more feral panda, but only if it is in an expansion without China. Childish nomnom panda is even more jarring in the context of Chinese domination, which I also abhor.

I like MoP;

I like how WoW sometimes doesn't take itself seriously and has a comic tone.
    MoP had that perfect balance of the comic relief and the maturity. Anybody who doesn't look past the first "omg pandas" bit can go back to Diablo or their DPS or whatever they deem as mature.

We're in another country in in another universe on a planet.
    There are going to be culture differences. Nobody whines about how Night Elves don't have buildings that look like Orcs and Humans. Another stupid argument.

Also anybody who uses the Kung-Fu Panda argument either is just trying too hard or wasn't around during WC3. I wasn't around for WC3 and even I know Pandas being the most common animal of choice for the representation of Chinese culture in media is well...it's been around for decades.

This thread really makes me want to roll a gnome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Don't forget squid faced space goats and talking cattle.

Apparently Pandaren were Blizzard crossing the line /eyeroll
    Well Blizzard never designed and named a whole expansion pack around either (or any) race.

It's not a good point, it's an opinion.
    Opinions can't be bad and in the same line of thought they can't be 'good'.
    Yeah they can. Opinions have logic behind them. "I don't like x because y because z". If the logic behind the opinion doesn't make sense or isn't fully explored, it's not really a good or usable opinion.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I don't care what appeared first - Pandaren or Kung-Fu-Panda :) Currently I am slaying orcs and various undead in Divine Divinity. Why? Because I am child in heart and I enjoy classic fantasy worlds :) Pandarens, with emphasis they have in MoP, don't belong to European fantasy just like heavily cow-centered expansion doesn't fit Diablo or teletubbies don't fit horror movie.

I do think that MOP was certainly designed to be more family friendly than previous expansions although I am struggling to see why this is a bad thing. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense as WOW is failing to attract existing gamers the next logical step is to try to attract players entering the gaming market.

I have read some nonsense in this thread about attempting to appeal to the 12-19 year demographic what appeals to a 19 year old is completely different to what appeals to a 12 year old, one is a young adult the other is very much a child in every sense of the word. Whilst children like to seem more grown up and are attracted to the more mature themes and possibly the Cata box art is more appealing to a 12 or 13 year boy than MOP's, not many 12 or 13 year old children have credit cards or are able to enter into subscription contracts thus the box art of MOP is not aimed at them but their parents. A parent is more likely to think that a game that features a cartoon style Panda on the front of the box is more suitable for their 13 year child than a fire breathing dragon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I do think that MOP was certainly designed to be more family friendly than previous expansions although I am struggling to see why this is a bad thing. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense as WOW is failing to attract existing gamers the next logical step is to try to attract players entering the gaming market.

I have read some nonsense in this thread about attempting to appeal to the 12-19 year demographic what appeals to a 19 year old is completely different to what appeals to a 12 year old, one is a young adult the other is very much a child in every sense of the word. Whilst children like to seem more grown up and are attracted to the more mature themes and possibly the Cata box art is more appealing to a 12 or 13 year boy than MOP's, not many 12 or 13 year old children have credit cards or are able to enter into subscription contracts thus the box art of MOP is not aimed at them but their parents. A parent is more likely to think that a game that features a cartoon style Panda on the front of the box is more suitable for their 13 year child than a fire breathing dragon.
    Well from a business standpoint mop was quite a disaster in fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Well from a business standpoint mop was quite a disaster in fairness.
    True, but all their attempts to appeal to existing gamers have failed so the next logical step is to try to appeal to the next generation of gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    MoP fits perfectly. Quit conversing with idiots and the world will be a better place.
    People who thought that resulted in the USA Government shut down. It's not always best to stop conversing... it's those that "Stops learning" that's more of the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    True, but all their attempts to appeal to existing gamers have failed so the next logical step is to try to appeal to the next generation of gamers.
    You don't change a winning team. Changing the core of the game in between wrath and cata simply wasn't a good idea. That's where they started losing subs isn't it?

"I don't like green because my cat died on a Thursday."
    There is no logic in that reasoning, but that does not make the opinion any less valid.
    You don't NEED any reasoning or explanation behind an opinion, that is why it's an opinion.
    You're on a forum sharing your opinion though. So, yes, you kinda do need a reason/explanation behind said opinion - because that's the whole point of sharing your opinion on a forum with others in the first place, isn't it? :P

Yours COULD have logic if the person has noticed all things green happen on Thursdays (Patty's day. Mother does Thanksgiving in Green, whatever...) then associates Thursday with both green AND his cat dying that day.

Yes, there is logic... when you take into consideration peoples zany ideas and way their brains map things there could be the most logical of logic chains ever... that also happen to be totally illogical at the same time. ^_^

In short: Logic is only as good as it's information. All elephants are pink; Nellie is an Elephant, therefore Nellie is Pink. Makes logical sense... so long as you don't convince the person that elephants aren't pink or, worse, the person refuses to look at another elephant or, even worse, sees a grey elephant and says it's pink.

Trust me, it happens WAY MORE than you think! :P

Had a former EIC once wrote my boss up because he defended my color choice for a cover. It was clearly red, and the company didn't double-swap it so it came out hot pink. We showed him the swatch book and he said, flat out, it was pink. Even my boss said "no... it's clearly red, the whole staff can see this" and he got written up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You don't change a winning team. Changing the core of the game in between wrath and cata simply wasn't a good idea. That's where they started losing subs isn't it?
    That is an interesting question and risk of going way off topic I don't think they ever had a long term winning team. WOW has always had huge sub losses but it was in the right place at the right time and its success masked them, not long after Wrath was released the amount of new players joining the game was in equilibrium with those that left and there are strong arguments to be made that Western subs were in decline but were offset by Chinese players. Personally I think that part of the western sub slow down/decline was due to the price of the game, I loved Wrath but I would never had have played WOW if I had to pay £80 plus £9 per month to get into the game. The reaction to sub stagnation in Wrath with Cata was somewhat bizarre but I think it comes down to Blizzard holds the content they produce in much higher esteem than players do and they thought players would be content with having their progress slowed down.

Don't you mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    KILL all the idiots and the world will be a better place?