Fallen Protectors HC

Hello, me and my guild are struggeling on this boss, we downed pretty fast Immersus HC, but stayed a couple of days on protectors but didn't manage to get them down!

Our best shot was last phase, we hit the enrage timer when all bosses were around 7-8%.

We tried differents setups and strategies, but we have a lot of issues on the Desperate Mesures phases, especially having Garrote..we also tried phasing he and sun togheter, so to not have garrote in the Desperate MEsures of sun, but didn't change a lot, the one time we got to last phase, we did each desperate mesures separately.

I put myself as frost mage (I'm fire) to give the maximum dps I can, but we are stuck, and today is the last day of tries, if today we dont kill them, tomorrow we must clear on normal the rest.

Do you have some advices? We are 3 healing this, and our avarage ilvl is 555. Some guildies say that the dps is not enough, I don't agree, because another realm Guild, which have our same progress, did it on the 7th try, and they have same ilvl that we do, maybe also a little lower (554 avarage).
    And this guild progressed as we did, actually we downed 1 day before them Garrosh, so I'm pretty sure that we are doing something wrong.

Here the logs of the last session, if you can check them up and tell me if there is something we do terribly wrong, or is just because we have to get used to the mechanics?

worldoflogs.com/reports/213obdct8zq2m0ec/

Thank you very much

It sounds like an execution issue to be honest. If you are getting all the bosses to 7-8% and just hitting enrage, there is likely not much "wrong" with whatever strat you are using. Obviously things can be optimized, though. One thing that can help is interrupting Sun on phases that aren't Rook's Desperate Measures (since you'll need interrupts there) when she targets someone that loses a lot of dps while moving (non-lock/hunter casters). It's not a big thing but it can help you get a little bit of damage and prevent too much spreading. She immediately recasts it but mostly not on the same target, so if she targeted one of our two spriests someone would throw out a quick focus interrupt and she would switch to a hunter or healer (or sometimes just another caster but thats RNG for you).

Do not underestimate the power of cleave damage. Any time He does not have Noxious Poison, he should be stacked with Sun and Rook. Even during single target phases, everyone should keep DoTs up and that kind of thing. The best time we found to hero was during either a) Rook's second desperate measures phase since it is the most healing-intensive phase of the fight or b) He's second desperate measures phase since the more targets Anguish goes to the more likely someone will get instagibbed as their immunity falls off by the mark+garrote+sha sear (we found the best number of players to do the mark was 5: our shadow priest with no cds for a few seconds, our two mages with ice block, our priest again with disperse, and then the tank for the last 20-30% using ironbark/tank cds since they're not really used anywhere else.

Your tanks are pretty low.

Monk should be crit still until you get to harder fights where dmg intake needs mastery(on 10 thats not till a lot lot later) Also that Rook trinket is worthless on that fight and most fights until Malk and Thok. Also he isn't exp capped.

You guys have a amazing amount of deaths to Brews / the Anguish raping people by not passing intime.

Whatever tank is tanking He should be keeping him stacked on the other 2 bosses while it has instant poison up as well.

As for phasing Rook > He > Sun > Rook > He > Sun should work fine long as healers are dispelling and pally is boping garrotes and you raid CD calamities and Mind Sear is taken out of the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ989 View Post
    the one time we got to last phase, we did each desperate mesures separately.
    You already answered yourself. What is the point of doing them 2 at one time?

Some guildies say that the dps is not enough, I don't agree, because another realm Guild, which have our same progress, did it on the 7th try, and they have same ilvl that we do, maybe also a little lower (554 avarage).
    dps =/= ilvl
    you can discuss but when you're hitting enrage there is one answer - dps is not enough. It can depend on dozens of reasons but it means exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    You're trying to 3 tank the boss. 2x Brewmasters and 1x Blood DK. Use 2 tanks so you gain the extra DPS that you need.
    Oh wait what. Are they really?

Also your dps is fairly low compared to my guild's when we killed it (individual performance and raid-wide dos), although we did have good multidotting classes in for this. Actually BoPing Garrotes is not 100% mandatory. Our pally alternated between that and using Purity on cool down and said she felt more useful using Purity. Up to you though, I've heard both methods being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    You're trying to 3 tank the boss. 2x Brewmasters and 1x Blood DK. Use 2 tanks so you gain the extra DPS that you need.
    ? there must be something wrong with the logs, we 2 tank it, a brewmaster and a Blood Dk, the other 2 monks are healer and dps!

So always do the Desperate mesures separately, and we surely must be faster at passing the Anguish mark, but if there are no big mistakes we are doing, and is just all about mastering the mechanics and avoiding stupid damage, I'm confident we can do them this reset

Your issue is cleave damage. From what I understand at looking at ur logs, it seems as you have certain dps assigned to certain boss's which makes sense however you need cleaves. During bubble phase(forget what its called) you have your dps focus on mark then go right back to boss's. Let ur tanks worry about the other adds. Your ret pally should glyph his judge and try to keep censure on 2 targets at max stacks. Your hunter has good uptime on serpent sting. Your melee have really low damage on sun tenderheart, which should be there primary focus and keeping tanks as primary on rook. Range should prioritize he and only switch to rook to push damage threshold on him if tanks cant do it. Your mage is running frost which can be good for cleave I guess but also has really low damage on He. Given you have a 3 melee 2 range comp, I would really have ur range focus the shit out of He, melee focus sun and assist on He, and leave tanks to focus on rook. You might even wanna try to 2 heal it and throw a extra dps in there.

? there must be something wrong with the logs, we 2 tank it, a brewmaster and a Blood Dk, the other 2 monks are healer and dps!

So always do the Desperate mesures separately, and we surely must be faster at passing the Anguish mark, but if there are no big mistakes we are doing, and is just all about mastering the mechanics and avoiding stupid damage, I'm confident we can do them this reset
    Sorry my bad, tired... 3 Monks is an unusual setup, i'm used to doing 300k as tank on that fight, yours is half of that, (due to lack of cleave).

All of your melee DPS should be doing more... Make sure you keep them close, to cleave everything down, less run time etc.

Feel free to browse our logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=1182&e=1680
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2013-10-20 at 10:24 AM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Invection View Post
    Your issue is cleave damage. From what I understand at looking at ur logs, it seems as you have certain dps assigned to certain boss's which makes sense however you need cleaves. During bubble phase(forget what its called) you have your dps focus on mark then go right back to boss's. Let ur tanks worry about the other adds. Your ret pally should glyph his judge and try to keep censure on 2 targets at max stacks. Your hunter has good uptime on serpent sting. Your melee have really low damage on sun tenderheart, which should be there primary focus and keeping tanks as primary on rook. Range should prioritize he and only switch to rook to push damage threshold on him if tanks cant do it. Your mage is running frost which can be good for cleave I guess but also has really low damage on He. Given you have a 3 melee 2 range comp, I would really have ur range focus the shit out of He, melee focus sun and assist on He, and leave tanks to focus on rook. You might even wanna try to 2 heal it and throw a extra dps in there.
    thank you for the answer,
    first of all, i'm the Mage =D , and I push on rook, because our strat is, ranged focus rook asap and cleave others, then when he phases, we change targets.

We already tried with 2 healers, but didn't went well, for the melee, you are saying that they have not enough damage in the whole fight, or just that they should focus more on sun?

Quote Originally Posted by Invection View Post
    Your issue is cleave damage. -snip- You might even wanna try to 2 heal it and throw a extra dps in there.
    I agree that cleave damage is pretty low.

HOWEVER, unless you overgear this, 2 healing it will be very hard, probably harder than is worth attempting. I'm sure plenty of great guilds can come in here and say they two-healed it no sweat, but when it comes down to it there is a ton of outgoing damage and at your progression pace, 3 healing is your safest bet. Two healing is just sounds way too intense for any guild not pushing 6 or 7 heroics at this point (and excuse me if I sound like a total noob saying this, I was in this guy's spot two weeks ago and 2 healing just did not work for us at all).

Hi there,

Looking at your logs on the best attempt : try 16, you hit enrage but quite a while before you lost the warrior. SO basically if people would stop dying, you would have a kill.. Kinda like how first kills are meant to be.

Also i'll add a few notes about the fight coming from my PoV (pally tank - He)

We start the boss stacking them, DOing as much AoE as possible, For the first desperate measures we put myself + rogue dps on GLoom add, interupting it and killing it, you can add another melee dps if you wish, since your melee heavy, just make sure its something like X-> Y -> A -> X Etc.. For interrupts.
    After we stacked the bosses back up... And for the 2nd desperate measures, Anguish we just use pots AND Cds on it, COMMUNICATE before passing it... Instantly passing it to someone = death, Say "Passing it to X in 3" or something, making sure to pass it before your DMG Reduction CD runs out... Should die fairly easy.

Afterwards do not stack, it'll put poison in the middle for Suns phase = Ouch to the raid ^^.
    After that it's a repeat... But for the 2nd Anguish we lust instead of using pot since it's on CD.
    After all three bosses have been brought to 30% or lower, stack them, cleaving them all and single focus the ones that are a lot higher (if needed)

EDIT: About the Anguish handling, it's the magic dmg which hurts, unless i'm mistaken warriors can't really reduce a lot of that... Looking at that try your warrior died to it. So Save him till last in the rotation if possible. You have a ton of monks = Diffuse magic rotation between them all, then pally = Bubble, then Mage = Greater invis perhaps so you dont lose DPS on anguish, or iceblock if dps isn't an issue. Then Hunter deterrance, Then warrior
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2013-10-20 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    First of all go Arcane, its just so much more dps. Second try to 2 heal, there is alot of avoidable dmg. Third make a set rotation for anguish. fourth, on sun desperate measures phase adds share health, so dmg the main enemies, then aoe adds, and they are dead; really easy.
    Also if you have druid shroom healing is op for garroted people.

In fairness I thought this boss was hard too, but its just control and focus and its pretty easy.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    EDIT: About the Anguish handling, it's the magic dmg which hurts, unless i'm mistaken warriors can't really reduce a lot of that... Looking at that try your warrior died to it. So Save him till last in the rotation if possible. You have a ton of monks = Diffuse magic rotation between them all, then pally = Bubble, then Mage = Greater invis perhaps so you dont lose DPS on anguish, or iceblock if dps isn't an issue. Then Hunter deterrance, Then warrior
    Don't forget that the tank that usually has He can take it as well. Though the armor reduction is pretty significant, as a warrior tank I could hold the mark for the last 30% of Anguish's health and run minor cds or Shield Wall in an emergency (lol corrupted brew on a dps standing next to me?) and still be fine tanking He afterwards. Your healers have to watch you a little closer but honestly it worked better for us than adding a 5th dps or healer to our immunity rotation after so many wipes from people getting one-shotted from not popping their big CD fast enough when they got the mark.

Too much damage / deaths to Corrupted Brew. Tell people to open their eyes and dodge that shit.

thank you for the answer,
    first of all, i'm the Mage =D , and I push on rook, because our strat is, ranged focus rook asap and cleave others, then when he phases, we change targets.

We already tried with 2 healers, but didn't went well, for the melee, you are saying that they have not enough damage in the whole fight, or just that they should focus more on sun?
    sun is stationary more or less, so that should be there target, honestly melee can get alot of cleave on to rook by just tanking rook near sun. Ranged should really pound on He

What is your warrior doing? I did 370k dps on our first kill I'm not sure what gear he has or what tactic you use but 250k is very low. Always keep rook and sun close for cleaves, you can cleave gloom and the stationary mob and you can also position the anguish add near sun. His sweeping strikes uptime should be higher and rude interruption glyph is a free 4% dps overall. In my raid the ranged does focus more on HE so I can just go crazy cleaving sun/rook most of the time, not sure that's as viable with your raidsetup but he should be able to push his dps.

The tank on HE can move into the middle if he has instant poison and out of he has noxious poison that should also give some extra cleave dps.

Tank them close together to maximize cleave damage, but be careful of where you're dropping poison and stuff. There should be very little time between the Rook-Sun-He desperate measures. Even with the 'necessary' dps to beat the fight, I imagine your average guild just starting heroics is going to hit enrage or die to mass Garrotes/Calamities because Sun and He's abilities get very deadly if you're just focusing down 1 at a time.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-10-20 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Some comments in random order looking at your longest attempt (I only checked classes/specs I know, can't comment on the rest):

Start by tanking them all together. Monk tank takes He, DK takes rook.

Rook tank can move him far away from the group before his clash-->spinning crane kick, so that it doesn't land in the middle of the group.

He tank takes him out of the group while he has noxious poison on (and ONLY while he has noxious poison on).

Monk tanks don't care about the armor debuff, so you can include him in your rotation to handle mark of anguish. Make sure all 3 monks take Diffuse Magic to easily tank the add.

Your disc priest is kind of low on Atonement. I mean, if you're not going to take advantage of Atonement might as well play Holy. If he wants to take Power Word: Solace instead of mindbender he should at least make sure to use it on CD.

Your monk tank's Rushing Jade Wind damage seems very low (that's what led me to believe you don't stack them properly). His damage in general could be higher, especially with the dps cloak. He also should have close to 100% tiger power uptime.

Both your monk and priest healers could be helping more with the DPS if you have trouble with enrage timers.

A paladin with clemency can clear at least 4 garrotes with HoP per attempt. More if he bubbles when he gets garrote.
    Last edited by mmoc0d1056ec69; 2013-10-20 at 05:16 PM.

We hit enrage a few times, but then started stacking He and Rook as long as we could to get as much cleave throughout the whole fight, and ended up killing it with 1min~ to spare, and have improved by 30~s or so on each kill since.

We found two healing it to be much easier, Rook's desperate measures phases are the most dangerous doing it that way but with an extra dps the phase ends so much quicker. We used a disc priest (553) and a resto shaman (554) to heal it and just had everyone loosely stack so we could get the most out of Healing Rain and Divine Star. Use most your healing cooldowns during Rook's desperate measures and have the shaman save Spirit Link for Sun's desperate measure and you should be set.