Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That is an interesting question and risk of going way off topic I don't think they ever had a long term winning team. WOW has always had huge sub losses but it was in the right place at the right time and its success masked them, not long after Wrath was released the amount of new players joining the game was in equilibrium with those that left and there are strong arguments to be made that Western subs were in decline but were offset by Chinese players. Personally I think that part of the western sub slow down/decline was due to the price of the game, I loved Wrath but I would never had have played WOW if I had to pay £80 plus £9 per month to get into the game. The reaction to sub stagnation in Wrath with Cata was somewhat bizarre but I think it comes down to Blizzard holds the content they produce in much higher esteem than players do and they thought players would be content with having their progress slowed down.
    Blizzard slacked big time in Cata with the excuse of re-doing old world.

I also bet all that Cata changes to old world did not improve their new player retention. Such a huge investment for remaking the old world and no benefit at the end. On top of that, lack of content in Cata lead to then current players to leave the game as well. Remaking old world was a lose-lose for Blizzard. They did not gain new players and lost current players.

After cata disaster, they made MOP. MOP is the most contentious expansion with all the panda/china hate etc.

If they kept making TBC/WotLK type expansions with 10 levels and lots of dungeons and raids instead of slacking and making rehashed content and half-size raid tiers, I believe their sub losses would be less than what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Let me help you.
    Hold my hand.

You're talking of "pandas" or "demons" as if those "subjects" by themselves would be an index of something's maturity.
    "Demons" don't make a game grim, "pandas" don't make it childish.
    HOWEVER
    Pandas with "epicurean" and "bouncy" traits, with a "nomnom language" do.
    And to be honest, what really im struggling to understand and really is hard to decipher, is how you can't see that.
    I understand opinions are personal, you can like pandaren for the very same reasons I don't like them that's fine. But their traits, their language, their shape, sorry, they are hints to me that the pandaren weren't "taken seriously" when implemented.
    I don't like that, I don't like pandaren in this shape.
    I would have love them hunched and feral, like furbolgs.

Am I a lol panda hater?
    I'm with you completely on this. I was one of the people who really wanted Pandaren to be in the game, I was looking forward to something like a furbolg drunken master type race. Instead we got american slapstick with china town aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post

I also bet all that Cata changes to old world did not improve their new player retention. Such a huge investment for remaking the old world and no benefit at the end. On top of that, lack of content in Cata lead to then current players to leave the game as well. Remaking old world was a lose-lose for Blizzard. They did not gain new players and lost current players.

After cata disaster, they made MOP. MOP is the most contentious expansion with all the panda/china hate etc.

If they kept making TBC/WotLK type expansions with 10 levels and lots of dungeons and raids instead of slacking and making rehashed content and half-size raid tiers, I believe their sub losses would be less than what it is now.
    Wotlk type you say? Then you say no rehashes or half size raids..... What the fuck do you think ToC and Naxx was? LOL?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    This is bullshit and your basicly butthurt caus your favorite expansion didn't make the "best of all"

let's face it , this game is almost 10 years old. People are moving on. Some go to LoL, some back to their PS4 , some only play it casual. Some like the "real" MMo feeling. The real MMO thing that, grind grind grind. Vanilla like, so they move on to other games.

I for one , love fantasy and shit. Like the hobbit , LOTRO and the wow universe itself. But MoP...sorry but not my game. It is fun to play with friends sure. But what is their really to do after i capped my conquest and killed my LFR bosses for the week ? As a casual player who does not want to put much time in PVE nor PVP. That time has passed for me. I am not going to attach myself to "8 to 11" raiding anymore. And there are many like me.

In wotlk you had an amazing story , lot's of casual PVE where you could clear content in 3-5 hours (like LFR but then people themself made the groups ) Arena was alot more fun. Even in cata i could camp rare pets , grind the factions like Rhamakan (mounts / enchant ) and for some reason PVP was not as imbalanced as now. Leveling an alt was quick and refreshing.

Plus pandaria is basicly boring exept for Shrine. Thats the only place i visit. Shrine and the PvP vendors, oh and my weekly visit to the timeles isle for the world boss.

So yes maybe it's MoP that is not appealing to me or it is just that i spend to much time in this game. Many friends don't play anymore and the one friends i spend alot of time with only PVES.

this could be only me or this could be alot more people.
    Dude you can still clear raids on normal / heroic in under 5 hours. I'm sorry that requires being competent at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "I don't like green because my cat died on a Thursday."
    There is no logic in that reasoning, but that does not make the opinion any less valid.
    You don't NEED any reasoning or explanation behind an opinion, that is why it's an opinion.
    No. If an opinion is based on facts or ideas that are invalid or objectively false, than it is not a valid opinion. Not all opinions are equal.

Deleted

Exactly. God knows why they had to go and change their winning formula.

Go play Duke Nukem if want a manly game. This is just like the period after the Garrosh kill cinematic came out when ppl (including some tard friends) screamed "ooh Vol'jin is so shitty how can he represent the horde he's skinny and ugly and not kewl" when in WC III he actually help to conquer the lands we now know as Durotar along with Thrall, Chen Stormstout (that u need to find first), Rexxar and many others.

So yes Chen Stormstout has been in the lore far back and imo i don't consider pandaren as comedy characters, to me it just seems a behaviour - hybrid race that can be funny, aggresive and all confucious-like wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    MoP came with Panda's (or how some prefer it: Pandaren).
    How much someone argues that these Pandaren have nothing to do KungFu Panda, if you just take a look at the whole thing, it is a copy.
    Don't think about it, just look.
    Why? Because if I thought about it I might go "Hmm... First appearance of Pandaren Brewmaster (Chen Stormstout). July, 2003. Kung Fu Panda premiere June, 2008."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Why? Because if I thought about it I might go "Hmm... First appearance of Pandaren Brewmaster (Chen Stormstout). July, 2003. Kung Fu Panda premiere June, 2008."
    Ok ok
    *pat*
    You tried

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-20 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    Go play Duke Nukem if want a manly game.
    What does the game where you play as a retarded blonde with extra pair of bollocks instead of brain has to do anything to do with this...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What does the game where you play as a retarded blonde with extra pair of bollocks instead of brain has to do anything to do with this...
    What's a "manly video game" anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ok ok
    *pat*
    You tried
    You should be reported for doing that. Taunting have no place in a discussion forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    That is your error right there, Pandaren existed way before Kung-Fu Panda.

I still can't believe people make a big deal out of this 2 years later when we have talking cows in the game.
    Ahhh, this made me laugh. Good point. Myself, I dont care for the pandas, thats my choice, I do love my beasty ass druid cow though! Go figure.

To me MoP feels like a filler expansion. First we get Illidan, Lich King and Deathwing, then a expansion with kung fu pandas and no clear "main boss".
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    You should be reported for doing that. Taunting have no place in a discussion forum.
    I probably will be anyway.
    But coming out like that, after tons of posts countering what he said are right above him, should be considered taunting too.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Wotlk type you say? Then you say no rehashes or half size raids..... What the fuck do you think ToC and Naxx was? LOL?

- - - Updated - - -
    I stay corrected. I agree that WotLK had Naxx rehash and ToC sucked balls big time. What I meant was 10-levels and a wealth of content compared to Cata and MOP, 5 levels and a dearth of 5-mans and especially in Cata of raids.

Deleted
    I stay corrected. I agree that WotLK had Naxx rehash and ToC sucked balls big time. What I meant was 10-levels and a wealth of content compared to Cata and MOP, 5 levels and a dearth of 5-mans and especially in Cata of raids.
    Someone will have to tell me why did mop get rid of heroic 5 man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    MoP fits perfectly. Quit conversing with idiots and the world will be a better place.
    Your an idiot to think your opinion is the only valid one. I think pandas do not fit the WoW theme at all, and they really do have a lame vibe to the asian theme. Is that a fact? No...but I am free to think that.

Only immature retards would think their opinion is the only good one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because they wanted people to gear through raids.
    And nobody would run dungeons if they don't give upgrades.
    They would still give upgrades through the justice and valor system.

15+ Year Old Account
    So if they add Rudolf the Reindeer in the next Mass Effect, the OP would say it's totally childlish for me to say Rudolf doesn't fit in the Mass Effect Universe? It's not about Panda's being childlish, it's about Panda's not fitting in the WoW-world for me.
    And tbfh what makes you think your oppinion is the only valid one?

MoPs rare hunting design helped flesh the continent far more then any expansion to date. A system i HOPE they keep going forward. Those items are fkin awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Your an idiot to think your opinion is the only valid one. I think pandas do not fit the WoW theme at all, and they really do have a lame vibe to the asian theme. Is that a fact? No...but I am free to think that.

Only immature retards would think their opinion is the only good one.
    Dread wastes and thunder isle was SUPER asian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    To me MoP feels like a filler expansion. First we get Illidan, Lich King and Deathwing, then a expansion with kung fu pandas and no clear "main boss".
    Was Vanillla filler? Let me get this straight. An Old god, A tyrant who stole the powers of a Titan, and a rebellion against an ambitious monster who would damn the world for the sake of power?

MAIN BOSS is subjective, want a little secret? The MAIN BOSS of cata was actually N'zoth. Deathwing was a pawn and part of many factions doing his dirty work.

This expansion did a few things along with expanding the games lore. It introduced us to another old god, Introduced us to the Mantid empire, The armies of Mogu and Lei Shen an ancient tyrant king, It fleshed out the ZANDALARI further which i think is one of the most important things since the Prophet Zul/ King Rastakhan are still alive in the game. And it brought a culmination to the war that has been brewing since Garrosh was given power at the end of WotLK.

Really now, Sounds like a fleshed out expansion to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    my beef with mop is the actual land of pandaria. i don't think it's very well designed and put together, the zones are very bland and forgettable imo. which is sad cause zone design in wow was really great up to mop. and i actually like asian themes... it could have been so much more.

raids look good though (well, as good as they can look with the current 'come up with bosses first, design location around them later' philosophy) and pandas don't bother me at all (seriously, we had little girls with pink hair tanking spawns from hell since vanilla).
    I agree the land itself is very forgettable. It's nothing like the dragonblight with the huge Naxxramas and dragonshrines dotted around with the massive wyrmrest at the center, Nothing like Icecrown, Nothing like the huge titan and peaks of The Storm peaks, and most importantly, Fjord and grizzly was just insanely good. I agree wholeheartedly MoP zones to me ARE forgettable.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-20 at 07:25 PM.