Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd also like to add that I like playing Alliance because I'm one of those people who when I first heard about WoW clearly considered the Horde the "bad guys" because I played a bit of Warcraft 1 and 2, and I've been a huge fan of traditional fantasy tropes since I could read pretty much; in most D&D and traditional fantasy genres the Orcs/Trolls and the like are evil marauders. There are now exceptions to that of course but "traditional" fantasy has that mindset and I've played traditional fantasy for so long that I almost immediately chose Alliance based on the perception of them being the "good" team. Now I mostly play Alliance because I have more friends on Alliance side than Horde, so it's a matter of convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would i choose to play as a weak pink skin human ? when i can be a huge badass Orc. Horde is just so much more awesome than the lame alliance, the only cool thing they have are worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'd also like to add that I like playing Alliance because I'm one of those people who when I first heard about WoW clearly considered the Horde the "bad guys" because I played a bit of Warcraft 1 and 2, and I've been a huge fan of traditional fantasy tropes since I could read pretty much; in most D&D and traditional fantasy genres the Orcs/Trolls and the like are evil marauders. There are now exceptions to that of course but "traditional" fantasy has that mindset and I've played traditional fantasy for so long that I almost immediately chose Alliance based on the perception of them being the "good" team. Now I mostly play Alliance because I have more friends on Alliance side than Horde, so it's a matter of convenience.
    is that because the story is not that prominent a part of wow? or just playing a change?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futtiwar View Post
    Why would i choose to play as a weak pink skin human ? when i can be a huge badass Orc. Horde is just so much more awesome than the lame alliance, the only cool thing they have are worgen.
    but surely that's a model thing though? what you feel about the Draenei then?

I don't play the horde because playing as the "bad guy" stopped being cool in like...8th grade.

The Alliance theme truly feels heroic and honored, and I love the Alliance characters.

i dont play alliance because there is no easy way to send items and gold to my other chars on other side

I started as Alliance and played it through TBC and the first half or so of WotLK. After that the hardcore-guild I was in lost many core-members (many close friends), and I didn't feel like I had much of a reason staying anymore. Had also gotten slightly tired of my class, so I rerolled Horde on another server with a friend. For the rest of WotLK and since, that has been my home. I have 8 or 9 characters, 3 on max level and a few between 82 and 85. At this point it's more convenience than anything else. I like alliance and I like horde, I don't have any desire to faction change 10 characters though, and I enjoy all my blood elf females.

Deleted
    I wanted to play a pretty belf and therefore started out with horde. Humans and nelfs look too big imo. Spacegoats look kinda good but since my fav class can't be played by them I couldn't be arsed to roll a spacegoat at first.

I love the belf startzone, I love the way they look and the animations. I maybe would roll a high elf if blizzard introduced them but I doubt it anyway. I play on a PvE server with alot more alliance on it and I have tried to roll an alliance but I never liked it. Eventhough there's many more alliance the allianceside feels so cold and dead. Also the majority of allianceplayers I have met have been rude so the impression I have of alliance isn't the best.

Gnomes. And people who think gnomes are cool.

I play Horde because of their historic struggle, formation and interesting mix of characters.

At the time, 2010, Alliance seemed too clean cut and their leader undeveloped.

The Alliance, simply put, aren't interesting enough... are there any 'bad' characters there -at the top? Whom is the Alliance's Garrosh or Magatha Grimtotem?

That said, me and my girlfriend also preferred the aesthetics of the Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing alliance, because i can't deal with Belfs / Tauren as Paladin.

Generally I find Horde players more mature. May just be bad experience/realms with alliance, but Horde people seem a lot more down-to-earth than alliance players

Deleted
    I've played Horde since.... Late Vanilla, I guess. I've played Warcrafts earlier, and I just love Horde and their view. Honor first, big family, yet they are strong enough to hold on their own and not care. They welcome other races with open hands, they basically care for all their people. The ones that try to disrupt it are simply taken care of. They can stand for themselves and even stand against their own Warchief for their ideals. For me, real Horde consists of Orcs, Tauren, Trolls and Goblins, really. Forsaken are just using Horde for their goals and don't care about good of other members. Blood Elves are kind of same- they find the Horde a way to keep their people up and going. They got their arses whooped by the Alliance, so they joined Horde. Pandaren... Let's not talk about it, for me Pandaren should not even be in WoW, as they were just an April's Fools joke. On the other hand, Orcs, Tauren and Trolls are linked with some... Hmm, kind of, brotherly bond. And goblins are loyal. Say what, but after being humiliated, they still find Horde as allies. Yes, they care mainly about money, but notice, that everything they do, they do for the Horde. And still, they've proven in MoP that they don't want to be considered as lesser race. Alliance, though... Yes, they stand for Justice, Honor, and Light... But they do it in a bit... Nazi way. "We will purge everyone who doesn't agree with our point of view!". Yes, there are members who wanted to make peace with the Horde, but so are Hordies who want to make peace with Alliance. And please, don't tell me Garrosh is a part of Horde, cause he is not. The rebellion has proven it already.

And Wolf > Lion :x

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    I play Horde because of their historic struggle, formation and interesting mix of characters.

At the time, 2010, Alliance seemed too clean cut and their leader undeveloped.

The Alliance, simply put, aren't interesting enough... are there any 'bad' characters there -at the top? Whom is the Alliance's Garrosh or Magatha Grimtotem?
    do you think that is intentional? or just unimaginative writing?

I don't play Horde because Blood Elf females exist. I absolutely despise them, and go out of my way to kill them at every opportunity. Everything about them rubs me the wrong way, and I am offended by their frailty and physical weakness. Extermination is the only valid course of action imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    I don't play the horde because playing as the "bad guy" stopped being cool in like...8th grade.

The Alliance theme truly feels heroic and honored, and I love the Alliance characters.
    But Horde isn't really the "bad guy" in the Warcraft universe. The orcs of Warcraft are not the orcs of Lord of the Rings, nor are the goblins, or trolls. As best I can tell the only race that seems to have some evil in it is the forsaken. Overall the more complex nature of the Horde (as opposed to generic "bad guys") is one of the things that make them compelling.

Of course Garrosh has tried to mold the Horde into something more vicious, but he ends up the expansion villain. Thrall's horde was dignified and proud, and honorable. Again just one of the things that make the horde a unique representation of orcs etc., a certain complexicy alliance seems to lack.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-10-20 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I ... like to? I like races, I like aesthetics (especially undead; I'm a minority but I would LOVE to go back WotLK SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS again too) and I started with a Horde character. I do have an Alliance alt... I'm still first and foremost a Horde player. There is no need for me to go Alliance so why would I?

I just wish draenei weren't Alliance :'( I LOVE male draenei but sadly we are not to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post
    I'd play Horde, except I'm just not able to...

• ...loudly, publicly, and repeatedly congratulate myself for being hip enough to roll an ugly character.
    • ...grow a neckbeard or wear sandals with jeans.
    • ...obnoxiously blather about my video game faction to people who aren't at all interested.
    • ...paint myself as an "underdog" while sitting on a PVP server with a 9-to-1 population advantage.
    • ...pretend Metzen isn't fucking awful just because he sucks my faction's dick all day.
    • ...post tortured lore arguments attempting to justify the Horde atrocity-of-the-week.
    • ...yell video game slogans out loud in public life without feeling like a retard.

Otherwise I'd be right there.
    Dude you make the most pathetic posts I've ever seen. All you do is post about how everything you don't do it worthless and full of nerds, yet your on the forums all day crying about everything if you see a post that doesn't share the same opinions as you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Female Night Elves and female Draenei are my favourite cause nothing annoys me about them.
    Both of them were created to appeal to the horny testosterone guzzling teenage male demographic, do you consider yourself to be one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    Dude you make the most pathetic posts I've ever seen.
    It's called baiting - people that go around various forums posting 'offensive' things and then watch as people reply to them, either seriously or just with flames.

Better to just ignore and report, they'll be dealt with in time.

Because I'm too far invested into Horde and all my friends are Horde. We picked Horde back in 2005, because it was the more appealing faction(orcs & undead vs generic Middle-earth good guys).
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have both at max level I play the alliance ones more often due to my brother still playing on that server and it being easier to do almost anything in the open world there. I can freely farm things like TLPD, posidous, etc with no competition.