Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We also talked about giving item to people that will get the highest ilvl boost. But many of the group said it wasn't fair since why someone than does it best to clear lfr/flex to max his gear for normal progression should not get a 553 when it drops because one of us was too lazy to run lfr/flex and still have a 502/522?
    But we're a team and a raid group so there is some execption. We know rng and many has no luck. One of our healer was running lfr and flex and still using a ToT lfr weapon so we automatically gave him the 553 staff even if some others had 528/540 ones.
    We use RTU system. but if someone won something in our run he'll pass on next loot. That's how it works for us, but we are a 10man raid so it's less drama then 25 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    We also talked about giving item to people that will get the highest ilvl boost. But many of the group said it wasn't fair since why someone than does it best to clear lfr/flex to max his gear for normal progression should not get a 553 when it drops because one of us was too lazy to run lfr/flex and still have a 502/522?
    But we're a team and a raid group so there is some execption. We know rng and many has no luck. One of our healer was running lfr and flex and still using a ToT lfr weapon so we automatically gave him the 553 staff even if some others had 528/540 ones.
    We use RTU system. but if someone won something in our run he'll pass on next loot. That's how it works for us, but we are a 10man raid so it's less drama then 25 ^^
    completely agree with what you said/described

also agree with an earlier post that often a good player can contribute more with an 8 item level gain, than a bad player would contribute with 40 item level gain, especially if that slot is a trinket or a weapon.

My guild has the best loot distribution system.
    We /roll and whoever wins gets the loot.

Loot distribution is a wonderful 'other' side to WoW. Each guild has their own methods and no method is perfect. My own personal way of distributing loot in my 10man casual guild is /roll with me putting the onus on the players knowing what loot they actually need. If I felt it ever got to a point were ppl were just rolling for the hell of it or to piss others off i would revert to what i said before the start of 5.3 and that is, if i ever find anyone rolling on loot that is suitable for others before yourself i will just loot-ban you/remove you from the guild. Playing in a guild of no drama raiders is really nice.

Granted we are never going to be top end raiders only playing 2 days/8 hrs a week, but we will at least get 10/14hc and hopefully 14/14hc by the end of the tier, and its great knowing that if you have really good luck with drops and rolls, in one night you could techinically get BiS :P

I dont raid anymore because of bullshit loot systems like this. Im personally a fan of loot rolls. Whoever rolls highest wins the loot.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just use loot council like any decent guild should.

Im always amazed when I see these crazy convoluted loot systems, for the past like 4 years every guild Ive been in just used a loot council.

The best was one that rotated in 2 (25man) random raider rank people every week (decided by /roll) with the 4-5 "officers etc" that made the council so EVERYONE got a shot to sit on the council and see how it played out. (same person couldnt sit on council again for 3 weeks)

Quote Originally Posted by Tdakara View Post
    Need mainspec, greed offspec, pass if you dont need so it doesn't get DE'd accidentally. Don't be a dick. Best loot system in my experience.
    group loot is the STUPIDEST way to progression raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is overthinking it by a ton.

A sword drops that 2 folks can use. The person with the lowest current ilvl sword gets it. That's all there is to it.

If you want, you can add the stipulation that one player shouldn't, under normal circumstances, win more than 1 upgrade ber evening unless he's the only one that can use it.

I find it very hard to believe that your group is consistently, on a week in / week out basis, getting gear that only 1 or 2 people in the group benefit from.

there are so many reasons why NO.

here is one.

Player A has very good gear because he was dilligent in seeking out every single upgrade he could get outside of raid and took it upon himself to complete every flex mode on his own as it became available. The item in question is however an upgrade for him.

Player B logs on just prior to raid and does nothing outside of raid time to improve his gear. The item is a bigger upgrade for him, because he spent no time seeking improvements outside of raid time.

In my book player A gets it hands down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    This system is not intuitive, not simple and basically requires a spreadsheet to make it work properly.

May I suggest /roll ?
    yeah. not in a million years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    I must agree with what most people are saying here. I run our 10 man, I raid lead, I also do a 1 man loot council. I've been doing it since 5.0 and my team know I am fair and balanced. People discuss out loud if it is a 2pc/4pc, BiS, replacing a shit item ect. and people will pass accordingly as well.

As with any relationship, communication is key, complicated systems leave room for "gaming" or cheating as people have said before. LC is the way to go if there is trust in your group. If there isn't, just /roll it for the least amount of drama.
    I am with you. Complete dictatorship here. I take feedback from the group but then decide how the gear will best benefit the group and hand it out. If the group does not agree, what they trade behind my back doesn't hurt me so long as it does not turn into a behind the scenes drama fest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    My guild has the best loot distribution system.
    We /roll and whoever wins gets the loot.
    some people confuse what the word best means in the dictionary. complete rng is not helping your team very much.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    group loot is the STUPIDEST way to progression raid.
    My guild has used need/greed for the past 5+ years with no issue,easily clearing full heroics pretty far ahead of most, people who really care about the group as a whole will pass if say a heroic trinket drops and they already have the normal version and the other player has flex/last tier loot in that slot.

The only time a can see a loot system like Loot Council or EPGP being needed is a 25man guild where open roll would be pretty chaotic, which I see you aren't running. Which leads me to believe your group would fight over gear and cause drama if they used /roll like we do. That seems like a sad state of affairs from where i'm sitting, but to each his own.

Haven't had any loot drama since we dropped Loot Council on the release of Cata. In fact most times people are too eager to pass a piece to someone who they think needs the gear more and everyone ends up passing. I just think that the entire experience raiding is much more enjoyable when it is open rolls and people can laugh/cry when they lose or cheer when they win, also allows for people to be much more accommodating towards each other. People who legitimately enjoy raiding together don't care if X person wins the gear over them

BiS gear should not be ignored. IMO, the raid group is best served by the piece going to the person who will best utilize it, not the person that it's the biggest I level upgrade for.

we just give the item to the player it's the biggest upgrade for. If it's tier and would give a set bonus then tanks / healers get priority. and that's that. Whatever helps the raid the most helps us kill more heroic bosses in the end, which helps everyone get more / better loot.

- - - Updated - - -

and it's not necessarily ilvl upgrade either, stats are important. But everyone knows what their BiS and what stats are that they want, we have a good group that's cool about it, whatever helps progression best.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically, it's an overcomplicated version of loot council? Loot council is bullshit and only causes drama, btw. I don't understand what's so bad about old fashioned DKP, if you show up regularly, pull your weight, you earn your points and can spend them. Reward effort over power-hungry loot drama crap.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Jesus, what a pain that must be. We used to have a loot council, I guess, that was made up of officers (in this case me and another guy, or just me, depending) who decided which loot went to whom. We were all mature enough that there were no major problems, noone complained as we all recognized we were doing for optimization's sake, and that was it. Complex systems just beg to fail, crash and burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does people feel the need to make this complicated? We just use DKP. You earn dkp from attending raids (yes you receive dkp even if you are not selected for the raidgroup) and you spend it on gear. Simple.
    By using a dkp-system you can also avoid a lot of the loot drama that can occur with other systems because a dkp-system is totally transparent, everyone knows why someone got a specific item etc.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-10-21 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The priority thing is fine I suppose, but JESUS MAN take some of the math out of it. Things like these are why I got out of progression raiding, I like to be reminded its a game and to have fun every so often. I suspect the calculations are mostly where the drama is, since your average Joe seems incapable of basic math these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Why does people feel the need to make this complicated? We just use DKP. You earn dkp from attending raids (yes you receive dkp even if you are not selected for the raidgroup) and you spend it on gear. Simple.
    I really think it has alot to do with a lack of control in their real lives and they feel the need to create themselves as a council authority figure to compensate. Again this NEVER ends well, if your raiders are already complaining about it, it's only going to get worse. Prepare to lose raiders if it continues.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Seriously, people overthink this, IMO the simplest and fairest system I've ever seen is the one every guild I've been in has used - EPGP. You turn up, you get loot.

Of course, EPGP tempered by people using their common sense and having some respect for each other is even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Or you could just use loot council like any decent guild should.
    Yeah that's what I think too.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Loot Council is the only distribution system worth a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Loot Council is the only distribution system worth a damn.
    If you enjoy corruption, sure.