Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The point would be that everyone will get his gear scaled in every dungeon, basically, you can be 90, but with the scale, you'll have low ilvl (43 for Stratholme as said above) so you can't "rush" old dungeons anymore.

It can be a pretty good feature, let's see if it will comes on next patch...

Okay ill go into more detail about what happened,
    We were doing a speed run of jade serpent and thus didnt loot the first boss to make it as fast as possible, so i went back and looted after we were done and while we waited on a new tank and healer, when i went to teleport out to go about auctioning items there was no "teleport out of dungeon" it was only "Teleport TO Dungeon" and "Leave Instance group" so i pressed it wondering where it would take me and thats when it loaded me into strat.( Where my hunter friend teleported out to farm righteous orbs from but he wasnt in this part of strat) Thinking oh well while im here i might as well go for a chance at the mount i start running and pulling then my low health beep went off and i started to wonder what was going on (Notice the backpedaling) then purgatory went off then i was dead and i sat there for a moment wondering what just happened and looking at my combat log then the friend whom i was on vent with said "are you sure YOU arent bugged" i said i didnt think so and realsed and came back in to notice i had 5.9k HP and i was hitting for far less then i should be hitting for so i hoverd over my items and sure enough they were all scaled down to Ilvl of 43
    Last edited by Kopla; 2013-10-21 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    It basically does the same thing that happens in low level battlegrounds. A good thing, as long as it's optional and not forced upon.

Seems pretty keeewl. Also makes the scaling enchants make even more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    if there going to scale gear down to be on par with leveling zones they better take away access to high level spells otherwise the whole system will just feel very dodgy
    Last edited by mmoc43238c78a1; 2013-10-21 at 10:43 AM.

I was almost certain this was coming in 5.4, but sad to see it wasn't. Now I'm glad to see it could be coming next expansion or 5.5.

Deleted
    This is what I thought they were going to announce for 5.4 instead of flex raiding. Hope it happens for old raids too - they need some work though - I've been running in a vanilla cap guild and MC is just like a long dungeon with as few as 11 people, so powerful are our 60's compared to the content now. I'm about ilevel 62 as a warrior tank and do a metric tonne of damage and barly take any physical damage with shield block.

awesome, have wanted to be able to re-run old dungeons for years and have requested level scaling many times.

looks like it could be coming in 6.0, maybe even 5.5

edit: may have to try and force the bug later this evening...
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-10-21 at 10:57 AM.
    <insert witty signature here>

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a damn shame they come with this fuction when they've already destroyed the atmosphere in the old dungeons. Strat/scholo/SM/SFK etc etc aren't the same anymore with their "wotlk/cata" vibe. Would've enjoyed running the old SFK as my daily hc for example but doing the newer versions will be absolutely boring since those dungeons just feel empty now.

Deleted
    It must have some pretty awesome rewards for high level characters to want to run old dungeons in scaled down gear. I can see it working as long as there are actually good rewards for doing so, otherwise it's completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Selda View Post
    The point would be that everyone will get his gear scaled in every dungeon, basically, you can be 90, but with the scale, you'll have low ilvl (43 for Stratholme as said above) so you can't "rush" old dungeons anymore.

It can be a pretty good feature, let's see if it will comes on next patch...
    And what is the point of that? The only point of visiting levelling dungeons once you have out levelled them is to boost a friend or for mounts and transmog gear I cannot see any reason why you or friend would want to wait for others and then take twenty or thirty minutes to achieve what can be done in five using a max level character. If you are looking for transmogs or mounts why would you want to risk the losing what you are looking for to another player when you could easily solo the instance?

It might have been a great idea five or six years ago when the game was actually attracting new players but that boat has well and truly sailed.

Deleted
    Nice one if this goes through for zones as well! Imagine the potential! We could quest where we want, immense world full of people. Yes 100% yes!

Deleted
    This is exactly th ekind of feature I had been pining for! Would be cool if the same happened with all the old raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its possible it might also have something to do with the level squish perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    When he teleported into Stratholme, via some unknown mechanic, his gear was all scaled down to item level 43 (appropriate for that dungeon).
    Must be Mal'ganis behind it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only years late if they do add it.
    Aye mate

I don't see the point either... it is old content. Why do old stuff, which one has done several times, over and over again, instead of new stuff?
    And if you want to farm hings, you just want to be as quick as possible, right?

I am very curious how this will play out; if older players really run those old dungeons, scaled down?
    Memories are there but going back to your memories, almost never plays out as you thought.

Deleted
    This is exactly the feature I didn't like in GW2. It sounded awesome at first, but in reality it's abysmal imo. Example: no matter how much gear you acquire you will never contribute much to a dungeon/raid group no matter how much gear you have acquired. I've been a witness in a lot of GW2 dungeons where groups fail and fail and fail and they do have the gear. Imagine if 99% of the success in WoW depended on player skill rather than gear.

Take this as you will cause its just assumptions based of his video and obviously a feature that isn't announced (or definitely real at this point). But it seems as if the scaling activated because someone in the group was in Stratholme already. That makes me think that if this is real you wont be scaled down in all old content(so you can still solo stuff if you choose) but only when you group with a low level player. I'm assuming the bug here was it flagged the hunter as a low level group member cause he was in Stratholme, clearly the system isn't implemented and its a bug for right now.
    I'd guess the idea of the system is to allow friends to run content together if one of them is leveling an alt etc etc. Could be fun if your friend is leveling a new dps char and you go "oh cool, yeh ill tank some dungeons for you" BOOM scaled down group/queue/have fun.

I don't see a point myself. As Synstir said - if I do old stuff I want to farm not progress though.