Poll: Should Alliance see their precious Dalaran city somewhere in Azeroth as theirs?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dalaran as an Alliance city only in the next expansion?

Mists of Pandaria

MoP This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
    After discovering that Sunreavers helped Garrosh Hellscream steal the [Divine Bell] by using Dalaran portals to infiltrate Darnassus, Jaina mobilized the Kirin Tor, Alliance forces, and the Silver Covenant to purge the Horde from Dalaran. Though Aethas Sunreaver claimed he knew nothing of Garrosh's scheme, Jaina nonetheless chose to incarcerate him and his Sunreavers after Aethas refused to order his people to leave the city peacefully. Those that surrendered were imprisoned in the Violet Hold while those that resisted were put to the sword, after which Jaina pledged the Kirin Tor to Varian's war cause, effectively bringing Dalaran back into the Alliance. During the purge, Dalaran had already left Northrend and is now in motion. However, for game purposes, Dalaran remains unchanged after the questline is completed (see Notes).

So we should, I think.. Gameplay wise, see actually that the Dalaran city is within the Alliance, somewhere\whatever place it should be in Azeroth.

It doesn't matter if it's in Dalaran for Horde and Alliance, while it's just for Alliance somewhere else in Azeroth.
    Because it's past time, you are currently fighting the Scourge when you go to Dalaran in Northrend.

Nope, they won't do it.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Nope, they won't do it.
    And I think you are wrong.
    They should do it, and they perhaps will.

Maybe they SHOULD. But I really don't think they will. I'm going to vote yes on the poll only because the question asked is "should"
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough one to crack. It should NOT be removed from Northrend and/or changed as long as Northrend remains in the WotLK stage; however, ANOTHER instance of the city in, say Dustwallow Marsh (a duplicate) with changes according to what hapenned since WotLK would be great.
    That, and I would REALLY like the playable high elves x)

By all means they should in compensation magisters terrace and all of Quel'danas should become the horde hub for arcane matters to counter it, and as a consequence Alliance should no longer be able to get there or have acces to the sunwell raid instance.

If i knew what Blizzard should do, i would develop cutting edge games and not Blizzard.

I am not qualified to answer this, even if i feel deep inside myself that i might be more qualified than John Doe.

Blizzard are notorious for prioritizing new content and letting anything old die out. They won't do it.
    Cata was an example where they did, and it proves they don't even know how to handle that kind of content anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it could work, considering that the Dalaran in Northrend is in the past, so it wouldn't affect game play. EXCEPT. If they intent to make a portal to the new capital, then Alliance would have 2 portals to Dalaran, which might get a bit confusing... Unless they rename it New Dalaran or something.

Could be cool to have it, and it would be nice for the Allies as they really seem to like the idea.

PS. Even though it's wanted atm, I simply couldn't wait for the QQ that Horde gets a brand new capital and Alliance is stuck with re-used content. You know the QQ would come.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

As much as I'd like to see an updated Azeroth with changes to Dalaran and Gilneas. I think Blizzard has already expressed a negative opinion about changing old world content as it would draw development away from new content or something akin to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Blizzard are notorious for prioritizing new content and letting anything old die out.
    Exactly, so there is no stopping them from prioritizing new content as Dalaran will be presented as Alliance only city as it's in the lore, and be active in whatever fight there is plus a new Alliance race, High Elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    They won't do it.
    First you say they are notorious for doing it?
    And then you say they won't prioritize new content?
    Decide, will you?

Well it would be once less city hub to design for an expansion i guess

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a sticky situation. The only way it can work is if it parks in the Park Crater.

*Revamping Northrend to lock out the Horde would require a new city for the Horde to use, which would be a lot of work.

*Putting it in the new continent would just be recycled content, players would likely not enjoy that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I'm aware Blizzard has said in the past that they dislike the idea of having the same building in two different places at the same time, even if technically one takes place in the past (Northrend) and the other in the present. However, I really don't think it's as big of a deal as they make it out to be, especially not considering they do this with NPC's all the freaking time! You speak with quest giver X in location A, and then move on to location B and guess who's there? It's non other than quest giver X! Sure, NPC's are "people" and can thus move thus it's more understandable, but Dalaran is a freaking flying city, it shouldn't be that difficult to grasp that it flew over to wherever it's supposed to be.

So yeah, I definitely think they should "move" it (whilst keeping the old version of it in Northrend to not fuck up quests/dungeon/whatever else).
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-10-21 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I could see it working well, would be to move all necessary NPCs from Northrend Dalaran, to the sunreaver/silver covenant bases in Crystalsong Forest.

Then Blizz could move Dalaran back to Azeroth somewhere with Alliance-only NPCs populating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's a sticky situation. The only way it can work is if it parks in the Park Crater.

*Revamping Northrend to lock out the Horde would require a new city for the Horde to use, which would be a lot of work.

*Putting it in the new continent would just be recycled content, players would likely not enjoy that.
    1. Dalaran in Northrend is in the past. Don't need any revamp\major changes as all the quests there are also in the past.
    2. If we would get an expansion that was for example about the middle of the sea, Queen Azshara, islands, below them, all that. They could nicely have the Alliance's Dalaran city float above one of those islands that Alliance had set foot on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    The only way I could see it working well, would be to move all necessary NPCs from Northrend Dalaran, to the sunreaver/silver covenant bases in Crystalsong Forest.
    The quests in Dalaran are also in the past, you don't remove them because now Lich King is dead? I don't see why it would be hard to imagine two Dalaran to exist as it's a flying city and whatever happens in Northrend, stays in Northrend as it's in the past.

"Somewhere" it is half of the Alliance, only half of it is also for the Horde. So yeah, you should see it as half of the Alliance :P

Would be nice to see it, but it would have to make sense too. "Oh let's just drop Dalaran somewhere while it has no point in being there".
    Oh! I got it! Garrosh talks to Anduin from within his cell, who then orders Anduin to bomb Stormwind! Duh! And then when Stormwind is gone, Dalaran can fill that crater! Ofcourse, how did we miss this?!
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post

Then Blizz could move Dalaran back to Azeroth somewhere with Alliance-only NPCs populating it.
    100% agree,
    I say move dalaran completely from Northrend and have both factions use their camps in crystalsong.
    The alliance use their Silver Covenant camp while the horde use the sunreaver camp.

The only real change would be the removal of the violet hold as a dungeon. A part from that I dont really think anything else the horde would require from Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    And I think you are wrong.
    They should do it, and they perhaps will.
    He isn't wrong, how can he be wrong?

Also blizzard stated, that dalaran wont be moved in-game because there will be alot of things that has to change otherwise.
    In the lore dalaran will be moving or has moved, but in game it will NOT.
    Same goes to characters that died recently but are still in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    If they intent to make a portal to the new capital, then Alliance would have 2 portals to Dalaran, which might get a bit confusing... Unless they rename it New Dalaran or something.
    There already is two portal to dalaran and the old one is my favorite since you can kill people with it.