Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Lol my bad I meant the 2 melee weapons being the Corrupted pike thing and the Vampire Knives, then the caster staff, and a gun. i just really, really wanted a super kick ass end game bow. D:
    i found marrow off a skeleton archer which is ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i found marrow off a skeleton archer which is ok
    Yeah the velocity you get off Marrow is nice, but the arrows can't be retrieved which sucks and I'm not a fan of it doing less damage than the Ice Bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the velocity you get off Marrow is nice, but the arrows can't be retrieved which sucks and I'm not a fan of it doing less damage than the Ice Bow.
    use a repeater or shotbow then

hallowed repeater does more damage per single shot while shotbow fires mutliple arrows at once (but only costs one arrow)

im using the shotbow and the noob tube atm

10+ Year Old Account
    use a repeater or shotbow then

hallowed repeater does more damage per single shot while shotbow fires mutliple arrows at once (but only costs one arrow)

im using the shotbow and the noob tube atm
    Yeah, I just found them so underwhelming that i use the Piranha Gun and the Rocket Launcher primarily with the Tactical shotgun and Cholorophyte Bullets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just found them so underwhelming that i use the Piranha Gun and the Rocket Launcher primarily with the Tactical shotgun and Cholorophyte Bullets.
    noob tube does more damage then the rocket launcher and pirahna gun is meh

10+ Year Old Account
    noob tube does more damage then the rocket launcher and pirahna gun is meh
    Yeah, but I like not having to deal with bouncing rounds or arcs, and the piranha is actually pretty good for anything that isn't just a single target.

Got me a golden shower finally ! And crushed 21 demon altars now, there is titanium everywhere

Farmed the destroyer 3 times allready, he is so easy now. Will move on to twins soon.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Got me a golden shower finally ! And crushed 21 demon altars now, there is titanium everywhere

Farmed the destroyer 3 times allready, he is so easy now. Will move on to twins soon.
    Yaaay, see? You just needed the right gear for your style. You're going to weep tears of joy when you have the Spectre armor and see how it heals you.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah spectre armor is high up on my wish list

Finished the hallowed one just now, and have 2 of the 3 emblems from WoF after tonigth still 2 dolls left, and also a meteorite just crashed and i gonna farm 200 blocks from that Still lots of things to do, and it's allready 1 in the morning
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Well what a weekend...

After finishing hallowe darmor I went for skeletron prime. Was not too hard. While digging around for Plantera, I found chlorophilyte ore and farming that now. But looking at the stats of the chlorophyle set I wonder if it isn't just a waste of time since hallowed is as good IMO. I think it's really time to do Plantera and start farming that dungeon...

I was thinking about a caster BiS list over the weekend, here is what i came up with :

spectral armor
    shadowbeam staff / nimbus rod and hydra staff for support summons
    Whisp for ligth
    trinkets : wings, mana flower, destroyer emblem,

for the last two tirnket slots i am torn between lightening boots, charm of myths, ankh shield and maybe the sorcerer emblem. Do the two emblems stack ? Are there really that much debuffs around that ankh shield is necessary ?

ps : the 25% damage absorbion from paladin shield, does it work on yourself when you are in single player ?

Anyway, this is pretty much endgame by now... I wonder what is left to do once you have the equipment together.
    Last edited by Twoflower; 2013-10-21 at 07:03 AM.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, this is pretty much endgame by now... I wonder what is left to do once you have the equipment together.
    Farm gold for reforging perfect stats on all of your gear. Build a crazy home for all your npcs and stuff. Once you're satisfied with all that you can take a break because you've likely spent way too many hours already. The next time you get an itch to play, you just start all over again.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    The KEY thing to do is make all your NPC homes themed and unique, not simply homes you threw together with a table, chair and torch. Make the Party Girl's house rigged up with timers and multicoloured lights. For the Dyer's house, have a waterfall turning into a lavafall/honeyfall. Make stairs out of actuators and pressure plates, so that NPC's can walk up and down all levels of your houses (and watch them flip out when they can't make their way home at night)

Terraria is 50% building and 50% fighting bosses and 50% exploring (I see what I did there). Just because you're geared up and have killed everything, doesn't mean the game is complete. Have you got all the trophies? Have you put them all into a giant treasure/trophy room?

Well the thing is i am not much into the building/decorating/completing collections.

But I am allready at 40 hours played anyway, which is way more than I expected to play And I have not even started on the tortoise armor and the golem is also still alive. So the game is well worth the money But I think once the gear craze is over, I wont play as much as atm ^^
    Ecce homo ergo elk

How do you get that crazy gear? i started recently i cant find a good damn trinket, is the dungeon the way to go? i dont think i cant kill the guard. Is recommended to destroy the shadow orb? i found a few of them in a huge ass cave that look like a hand BUT i cant destroy the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    How do you get that crazy gear? i started recently i cant find a good damn trinket, is the dungeon the way to go? i dont think i cant kill the guard. Is recommended to destroy the shadow orb? i found a few of them in a huge ass cave that look like a hand BUT i cant destroy the ground.
    The dungeon should be saved for later, if you're just starting. When you say "the guard", do you mean the old man, or that you just run down there and get one shot? Because you're supposed to talk to the old man to beat the boss, enabling you to venture into the dungeon. If you can't beat the summon, obviously you're not ready for the dungeon.

I'd just keep progressing on armor sets, personally. It'll all come with time. If you're stuck, I recommend browsing the wiki for what you should do next, in terms of gear progression.

At what resolution should I play? 1080p or less? Because I have a FULL HD monitor but the objects in the world seem too small. Is it something I can get used to with time or should I play in lower resolution? BTW I just bought the game and I only had time to play it for less 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    At what resolution should I play? 1080p or less? Because I have a FULL HD monitor but the objects in the world seem too small. Is it something I can get used to with time or should I play in lower resolution? BTW I just bought the game and I only had time to play it for less 20 mins.
    Play at whatever resolution is comfortable for you to look at.

I like the characters being quite small, but still quite chunky, so I can see a lot of the map/surrounding area while still having the constant retro visual vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    The dungeon should be saved for later, if you're just starting. When you say "the guard", do you mean the old man, or that you just run down there and get one shot? Because you're supposed to talk to the old man to beat the boss, enabling you to venture into the dungeon. If you can't beat the summon, obviously you're not ready for the dungeon.

I'd just keep progressing on armor sets, personally. It'll all come with time. If you're stuck, I recommend browsing the wiki for what you should do next, in terms of gear progression.
    ok, i gave up with the skeleton boss, instead i destroyed a shadow orb, didnt get meteorite the next night, just goblin army , does this mean i need to broke another shadow orb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    ok, i gave up with the skeleton boss, instead i destroyed a shadow orb, didnt get meteorite the next night, just goblin army , does this mean i need to broke another shadow orb?
    It's random. Just keep playing the game and you'll get one. To clarify, it's not the first night after you destroy the orb. It can just happen now. You've 'unlocked' meteors.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's random. Just keep playing the game and you'll get one. To clarify, it's not the first night after you destroy the orb. It can just happen now. You've 'unlocked' meteors.
    That isn't entirely true. Yes he has unlocked meteors, and there is like a 2% chance of one falling each night from now on. But there is also a 50% chance that one falls the night after you break a shadow orb. So yes, you should break another one if you are trying to get a meteor. Beware of breaking a third one though, because that spawns a boss that will likely kill you if you aren't prepared for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well what a weekend...

After finishing hallowe darmor I went for skeletron prime. Was not too hard. While digging around for Plantera, I found chlorophilyte ore and farming that now. But looking at the stats of the chlorophyle set I wonder if it isn't just a waste of time since hallowed is as good IMO. I think it's really time to do Plantera and start farming that dungeon...

I was thinking about a caster BiS list over the weekend, here is what i came up with :

spectral armor
    shadowbeam staff / nimbus rod and hydra staff for support summons
    Whisp for ligth
    trinkets : wings, mana flower, destroyer emblem,

for the last two tirnket slots i am torn between lightening boots, charm of myths, ankh shield and maybe the sorcerer emblem. Do the two emblems stack ? Are there really that much debuffs around that ankh shield is necessary ?

ps : the 25% damage absorbion from paladin shield, does it work on yourself when you are in single player ?

I find spectre staff and inferno fork to be the best set of weapons.
    Yes, the sorcerer emblem and destroyer emblem stack (you can actually stack destroyer emblem + avenger emblem + sorcerer emblem + mechanical glove, for 47% increased damage). Once you have spectral armor, get Magic Cuffs instead of the mana flower. As long as you are taking some amount of damage, it's infinite mana, with no need for potions. If you run out of mana... intentionally take some damage.

On my mage I use Destroyer emblem, sorcerer emblem, wings, magic cuffs, and lightning boots.