Poll: Choose!

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

IF Demon Huntes Are Introduced - What Specs Do You Want?

Little thread I figured I'd do so I can gauge what kind of a Demon Hunter people would really like to play, in terms of role. DPS/Tank/Healer. See poll for more information.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's a spell tank? But I'd hope They'll be Melee, Spell DPS and some kind of tank.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

None. It can't exist without ceasing to be the traditional Demon Hunter and if made in the image of a true Warcraft Demon Hunter, would severely piss off Warlocks and have an unhealthy amount of overlap with the Demonology spec.

Demon Hunters had their chance prior to the Warlock rework when they had the opportunity to push them away from Metamorphosis and replace the mechanic but the rework was the nail in the coffin.

But if added, would be a tank, spell DPS, and melee DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    None. It can't exist without ceasing to be the traditional Demon Hunter and if made in the image of a true Warcraft Demon Hunter, would severely piss off Warlocks and have an unhealthy amount of overlap with the Demonology spec.

Demon Hunters had their chance prior to the Warlock rework when they had the opportunity to push them away from Metamorphosis and replace the mechanic but the rework was the nail in the coffin.

But if added, would be a tank, spell DPS, and melee DPS.
    You don't really make any point, but okay.

Anyways, I think we can expect (if they're added) a Tank/DPS/DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Ranged DPS might be cool, if it's not too hunter like. We've not had a new Ranged DPS since Vanilla.

Deleted
    I would like to see some kind of mix between ranged physical DPS and ranged spell DPS aswell as a tank spec.

melee dps/physical range dps/don't care

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    Little thread I figured I'd do so I can gauge what kind of a Demon Hunter people would really like to play, in terms of role. DPS/Tank/Healer. See poll for more information.
    No ranged option, similar to hunters??'

If i was to create a demon hunter, it would be something like this...
    - Ranged AP DPS spec;
    - Caster DPS;
    - Melee.

And they would use Agility mail gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    No ranged option, similar to hunters??'

If i was to create a demon hunter, it would be something like this...
    - Ranged AP DPS spec;
    - Caster DPS;
    - Melee.

And they would use Agility mail gear.
    That is not what a Demon Hunter is.

That would be like giving Warriors a healing spec....

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Melee DPS, ranged physical DPS (think hunter/D3), tank.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    A Ranged DPS might be cool, if it's not too hunter like. We've not had a new Ranged DPS since Vanilla.
    Agreed. The game really doesn't need another class, but if there is one I really hope it's ranged DPS, ranged physical DPS would be very nice but magical would do (or both!). I do like the sound of a spell tank.

3 different heal specs.

One that applies salves at close range.
    One that uses warglaives like baseball bats, and hits bottles of advil towards hurt players.
    Bandage Master.

Tank - Melee DPS Dual Wield and 2 hand War Glaives (we don't have a dual wield tank yet)
    DPS - Melee DPS/Caster (think original Paladin but much better after nearly 10 years of learning)
    DPS - Ranged DPS Caster

I think the key thing is that people are trying to pin most new class ideas to just their WC3 interpretation. Fact is that MMOs allow for far more than RTS games with regards to class/units. All the other classes introduced into the game have spiritual ties to one or more WC3 units, but all have GREATLY expanded on the idea. Monks are just the latest example of this. Easily 85% of the class is new.

Monks wearing leather? Wha?

Easily as outlandish as DHs wearing mail (though the armor "inbalance" is overblown!)

Regardless 85% of any new class (based on a WC3 unit) will be COMPLETELY new and the idea in general will be GREATLY expanded upon. Blizzard can basically do whatever they want to do. Good to be the creators!

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Tank - Melee DPS Dual Wield and 2 hand War Glaives (we don't have a dual wield tank yet)
    DPS - Melee DPS/Caster (think original Paladin but much better after nearly 10 years of learning)
    DPS - Ranged DPS Caster

I think the key thing is that people are trying to pin most new class ideas to just their WC3 interpretation. Fact is that MMOs allow for far more than RTS games with regards to class/units. All the other classes introduced into the game have spiritual ties to one or more WC3 units, but all have GREATLY expanded on the idea. Monks are just the latest example of this. Easily 85% of the class is new.

Monks wearing leather? Wha?

Easily as outlandish as DHs wearing mail (though the armor "inbalance" is overblown!)

Regardless 85% of any new class (based on a WC3 unit) will be COMPLETELY new and the idea in general will be GREATLY expanded upon. Blizzard can basically do whatever they want to do. Good to be the creators!
    The problem with the Demon Hunter is that its core and iconic abilities are already present in the game in the Demonology tree. If we get a Demon Hunter that can't use Metamorphosis, Immolation, etc then it's not even a Warcraft Demon Hunter.

Blizzard, when doing their rework of Warlocks, effectively stopped themselves from ever doing a proper Demon Hunter class. They had an opportunity to take Meta from Warlocks and push them in a different direction. Instead, they made it even more Demon Hunter like with things like Dark Apotheosis and the Demonic Fury resource.

It's one thing to expand on preexisting concepts like they did with the Monk and the Death Knight. It's another to design a class who's core mechanics are already present in the Demonology Warlock, resulting in, if making a proper Demon Hunter, two specs that are entirely too similar. It would be like if a Paladingot a Runecaster tree that used weapon runes and was spell based melee, conflicting directly with Death Knights.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-10-22 at 12:26 AM.

Melee Healer/Ranged Dps/Tank

Deleted
    melee dps, ranged dps, tank.

BLIZZARD HAS SAID THERE WILL NEVER BE A DEMON HUNTER CLASS AS WARLOCKS ALREADY FILL THAT NICHE *ala DA and being dark magic lovers who fight fire with fire*

my guess is demonology was being reworked into a demon hunter spec in mist alpha but they never finished it so they turned it into a gylph and return demo back to dps and if i had to guess warlocks will get a 4th spec for demon hunter tanking which will tank by dodging/using spells. as it is clear blizzard wanted a tank like role for warlocks but it got nerfed because of being OP *pure mitagation at the time and still*

and the kanrethad quest line hints illidan being alive with his servants still active *observers*

so next expansion illidan returns and he joins all warlocks together to learn to art of the demon hunter*tanking* as illidan was almost a tank in the fact he loved being in the middle of fights head on *book wise*

*also a demon hunter trainer exist in dark shore in the whirlpool*

and a panda in the monk temple says he wish he was a demon hunter

maybe even a cool warglavie transmog to go with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    BLIZZARD HAS SAID THERE WILL NEVER BE A DEMON HUNTER CLASS AS WARLOCKS ALREADY FILL THAT NICHE *ala DA and being dark magic lovers who fight fire with fire*

my guess is demonology was being reworked into a demon hunter spec in mist alpha but they never finished it so they turned it into a gylph and return demo back to dps and if i had to guess warlocks will get a 4th spec for demon hunter tanking which will tank by dodging/using spells. as it is clear blizzard wanted a tank like role for warlocks but it got nerfed because of being OP *pure mitagation at the time and still*

and the kanrethad quest line hints illidan being alive with his servants still active *observers*

so next expansion illidan returns and he joins all warlocks together to learn to art of the demon hunter*tanking* as illidan was almost a tank in the fact he loved being in the middle of fights head on *book wise*

*also a demon hunter trainer exist in dark shore in the whirlpool*

and a panda in the monk temple says he wish he was a demon hunter

maybe even a cool warglavie transmog to go with it
    They also said, back in Vanilla/BC that race change and faction change would be something that would NEVER be implemented. Yet here it is. Blizz says a lot of shit, if they come up with a way to make it popular, and profit off it...it will come in time.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    What's a spell tank? But I'd hope They'll be Melee, Spell DPS and some kind of tank.
    Frost in the day?

Pure melee
    Debuffer
    Buffer..

Yea I see them as one DPs and 2 support.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Warlock, Rogue and Tinker.

^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    No they didn't. GC left it as an open question - "is there enough design space for a DH what with Warlocks etc?". They don't say "no, never" because they might one day change their minds - they just say "not very likely at the moment".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.