Quote Originally Posted by Cyndy View Post
    Anyone tried Torpedo in HC Thok 10m? Im considering it to help a bit the raid healing. After the tank switch with tons of vengeance and the raid stacked up should help a lot
    Could theoretically work, but the problems here are

- normally you have 4 people stacked at the camps, if you torpedo through you connect the camps which could cause a transition. simple solution would be using any self CDs, maybe a 1mil guard before doins so

- you lose tons of DPS from Xuen

- its useless when you are tanking

i tried experimenting with Zen Sphere and this before, but in the end i always come back to chiwave and xuen, the healers have to handle it on their own most of the time.
    Krøni - Kròni - Króni
    10/14HC - http://twitch.tv/kronsc2 (german), also streaming 5.4 Progression

Deleted
    Anyone tried Torpedo in HC Thok 10m? Im considering it to help a bit the raid healing. After the tank switch with tons of vengeance and the raid stacked up should help a lot
    I can see it being viable, the problem is as Kroni mentioned that you would be very likely to transition the boss without meaning too, and that it is useless when tanking.
    Pop a guard and purify before rolling through the raid and tell us how it goes, I haven't tried it myself and found Chi-wave / Xuen to be a very good alternative as it provided us with much needed dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Pop a guard and purify before rolling through the raid and tell us how it goes, I haven't tried it myself and found Chi-wave / Xuen to be a very good alternative as it provided us with much needed dmg.
    On our progress I specced into RJW just to get the bats down quickly, to help to make it a bit smoother overall. (We went with Poison -> Frost -> Fire).

We ended up killing it in around 20 tries, and I hadn't really ran with Xuen since the first couple of pulls :/

Going to definitely run Xuen next week, to actually not gimp myself that much damage wise. (3-4 Xuens vs maybe 30 seconds of bats... Xuens win! -#1 at 00:01, #2 at 03:02, #3 at 06:03, #4 at 09:04 as examples)

I recommend that your raid group co-ordinate cooldowns a bit better, and that you use 3 healers + 2 tanks. You shouldn't really need to do anything, except maybe pop Avert Harm (it's not great, and a couple of people will be out of range, but it's something).
    You can free-cast with a Paladins HoP, devotion aura also makes you immune to interrupt/silence, Healing Tide Totem does its thing, Smoke bomb is pretty awesome.

We went to 26~ stacks (for normal, poison and frost) of the aoe interrupt and then stopped healing so we'd be taken down before #30 as the damage is doubled #30+.

For fire, we almost set him off straight away on the chase, though it probably would have been better to continue in the actual tank phase, rather than the chase phase until around 10-20 seconds left (until enrage).

The jailer hits hard during the enrage, but as long as you can kite the boss, you won't take damage from any other sources.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8bw014yq5jz6cd9f/
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    On our progress I specced into RJW just to get the bats down quickly, to help to make it a bit smoother overall. (We went with Poison -> Frost -> Fire).

We ended up killing it in around 20 tries, and I hadn't really ran with Xuen since the first couple of pulls :/

Going to definitely run Xuen next week, to actually not gimp myself that much damage wise. (3-4 Xuens vs maybe 30 seconds of bats... Xuens win! -#1 at 00:01, #2 at 03:02, #3 at 06:03, #4 at 09:04 as examples)
    RWJ isn't nessecarily a big aoe dmg upgrade in situations like this. Since per second you'll still do more AOE dmg with the normal SCK, what is better is the ability to freely use chi/globals while spinning but then again, that shouldn't be a huge factor as they aren't up for long. So ye, deffo rec going with Xuen over RWJ anytime on this fight IMO.

Hoping to get some feedback on my monk alt that might become my main soon. I feel like I take a lot of spike dmg, especially on trash and some boss fights.

I'm comfortable with my current haste and began to gem/reforge crit. I mainly do flex now to gear up but will be starting 10m normals very soon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eckem/advanced

Any tips/recommendations? Thanks!

RWJ isn't nessecarily a big aoe dmg upgrade in situations like this. Since per second you'll still do more AOE dmg with the normal SCK, what is better is the ability to freely use chi/globals while spinning but then again, that shouldn't be a huge factor as they aren't up for long. So ye, deffo rec going with Xuen over RWJ anytime on this fight IMO.
    Yes, RJW does less damage than SCK, but I'd be using SCK less than RJW to ensure that I have shuffle up, and it makes my damage taken less by having more elusive brew generated. I was using it more for progression than for #1 World of Logs :P
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Yes, RJW does less damage than SCK, but I'd be using SCK less than RJW to ensure that I have shuffle up, and it makes my damage taken less by having more elusive brew generated. I was using it more for progression than for #1 World of Logs :P
    It is not like the two are mutually exclusive tho, you'll want to kill the boss fast and push your damage on the boss as much as possible when progressing. Mainly cause everything in the fight (the kiting as well as the tank and spank phases) have soft enrages which become harder and harder, and in order to win the fight you'll need to beat them. I defintely understand you sentiment but I still think for progress you'd be much better off with Xuen, since you can keep shuffle up from previous phases and jailer if you are on him. The lost dmg done in favor of dmg taken in your case could easily have been nullified if you Leg Sweeped the adds and if you have a sac even the loss of a bit of EB won't be massive, especially since you can save 15 EB quite easily for when they are on you, which should last for the bulk of the time they are up.

It is not like the two are mutually exclusive tho, you'll want to kill the boss fast and push your damage on the boss as much as possible when progressing. Mainly cause everything in the fight (the kiting as well as the tank and spank phases) have soft enrages which become harder and harder, and in order to win the fight you'll need to beat them.

I defintely understand you sentiment but I still think for progress you'd be much better off with Xuen, since you can keep shuffle up from previous phases and jailer if you are on him.

The lost dmg done in favor of dmg taken in your case could easily have been nullified if you Leg Sweeped the adds and if you have a sac even the loss of a bit of EB won't be massive, especially since you can save 15 EB quite easily for when they are on you, which should last for the bulk of the time they are up.
    I agree that in the majority of cases, Xuen will be better to use but we didn't have that many attempts where we got past the bats.

8 or so Attempts where bats were up, 2 attempts over 7mins... My priority at the time was more transitions into later phases rather than more dps, as we were somewhat on time. Knowing our raid group, more aoe on the adds (like I said, more uptime on RJW than SCK so I imagine that it'd do more damage than I would otherwise do).

Our jailer typically dies at around 6-10 stacks of the run speed, and we open the cage at 12 stacks, so shuffle drops off, not to mention our pally loves to taunt him as he comes in, meaning that I have to run to him for a good couple of yards before i'm even in 40yd range.

I agree that in the majority of cases, Xuen will be better to use but we didn't have that many attempts where we got past the bats.

8 or so Attempts where bats were up, 2 attempts over 7mins... My priority at the time was more transitions into later phases rather than more dps, as we were somewhat on time. Knowing our raid group, more aoe on the adds (like I said, more uptime on RJW than SCK so I imagine that it'd do more damage than I would otherwise do).

Our jailer typically dies at around 6-10 stacks of the run speed, and we open the cage at 12 stacks, so shuffle drops off, not to mention our pally loves to taunt him as he comes in, meaning that I have to run to him for a good couple of yards before i'm even in 40yd range.
    Have the boss tank help with aoe dps on bats between breaths

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a monk, but does anybody have any tips that I can pass along to our BrM on Heroic Blackfuse?

We are fine on every aspect of the encounter but myself (DK) eventually has to drop my stacks, and it just seems like no matter what he does he has problems killing it in time. I am fully aware that BrM are awful at actually bursting for 5 seconds compared to other tanks, but is there anything that comes to mind that might help him?

He's running double DPS trinkets and is basically a run of the mill crit build that most 10 man monks run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I'm not a monk, but does anybody have any tips that I can pass along to our BrM on Heroic Blackfuse?

We are fine on every aspect of the encounter but myself (DK) eventually has to drop my stacks, and it just seems like no matter what he does he has problems killing it in time. I am fully aware that BrM are awful at actually bursting for 5 seconds compared to other tanks, but is there anything that comes to mind that might help him?

He's running double DPS trinkets and is basically a run of the mill crit build that most 10 man monks run.
    Some more info would be nice. I can say from personal experience that killing the first shredder when you are on 3 stacks and dragging it out, even into sawblades. Is somewhat "difficult", not that the execution is demanding, but because you have to be fortunate with crits to reliably bring it down before the 4th blast.

For the rest there should be no problem for any tank as you'll be on 4+ stacks.

Don't put a monk tank on a Shredder with 3 stacks, hell even 4 is a stretch unless you get lucky with crit RoRo and use up your pot.

Just build the strategy around going 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 3. This basically makes it so your co tank takes 3 stacks, then you take 2, he gets hit 4th, then you get to 4, then he takes his 5th, and you get to 7. With this you just let him kill the shredders with 3 stacks once, then with 4 stacks, then with 5 stacks, and then the monk kills the next with 7 (8 if you prefer) stacks.

After the first set is done, you just reset it, and have your co tank build up to 3 stacks again. Yoou will however run into the problem that the 4th shredder is delayed a bit, so if you can and want, you can always get the 8th stack. I just do it in a way that my co tank gets 4 stacks instead since i dont need 8 to deal with my shredder (7 is fine) and 3 is borderline risky for any tank that has to rely on crits.

As for his CD rotation, it depends sort of on your tactic, but an easy way to go is just. EH the first, Guard the second, DM the third*, FB + Guard the 4th, Avert Harm + Guard the 5th, Zen Med the 6th, DM the 7th. If you want to go 8 stacks, you call out for any external on the 5th, and eat it with a Guard + EH, and save avert harm + guard for 7th and use DM on the 8th.

*if you are going up to 7 stacks, you have to be careful with this. DBM timers are extremely accurate on when the buff gets applied. So tell your monk to pop diffuse magic as soon as the Electrostatic Shock timer is at less than 6 seconds (preferably above 5 seconds), this will mean, he gets the DM back sooner, and still gets DM to soak the 2nd overload from the 2nd shredder + the Electrostatic Shock. The reason why FB is used 4th is that, it is normally when you are going to have a maze up, and so healers are moving and healing others (if you got magnets). The boss also gets protective frenzy. So you have multiple sources of damage coming into the not only the raid but also to you, so its the best time to pop FB and still have it be strong enough to eat up a Electrostatic Shock.

If you are wondering why Avert Harm is used at such high stacks. It's because Avert harm will make ALL damage you take into physical staggerable damage. (it wont reduce the damage). What this means is that, assuming you have about 10k mastery, thats around a 55% reduction in damage, if used with a Guard, it is extremely potent. You can have him try it; Make him pop FB and Avert Harm at once and eat a very high stack of Electrostatic Shock, it wont even tickle. Compounding FB's dmg reduction, and the stagger increase, the damage gets reduced to about ~15% of its original hit assuming you have a crit based monk tank. Its much more powerful than people realize.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was struggling on that fight as a BrM, worth to be noted tho is that I'm undergeared. (551 ilvl wiith 2* ToT heroic weps)
    What we found working for us, was having me get 5 stacks, then just kille the add in mele. ( with the other tank helping out)
    Only reason we could do that tho is we had a prot warrior, and they are unbalanced on that fight.
    Last edited by Drodoo; 2013-10-21 at 06:13 PM.

got a question towards nazgrim 10 hc. i get so much red stagger that i cannot really build a good amount of shuffle. do i just sit on my stagger or is clear the red prio 1? i'm full build crit. gear in signature (no rune, got talisman of bloodlust)
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Don't put a monk tank on a Shredder with 3 stacks, hell even 4 is a stretch unless you get lucky with crit RoRo and use up your pot.
    I'm not sure why you say not to do this. I do it on 25 every week, and it's no issue at all. I don't even use a potion to kill it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    got a question towards nazgrim 10 hc. i get so much red stagger that i cannot really build a good amount of shuffle. do i just sit on my stagger or is clear the red prio 1? i'm full build crit. gear in signature (no rune, got talisman of bloodlust)
    You can sit on red stagger for a bit. It doesn't have to be instantly removed unless it's tick is going to be for a very considerable amount of your health bar.

Shuffle is always first priority. It gives you 20% parry AND 20% less damage upfront. As a tank your priority is to not be burst before your healers can react; generally speaking mana should not be an issue with raid cooldowns like hymn if your healers are smart with their mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    You're gonna sit on a lot of red stagger on that fight when tanking nazgrim really, just don't sweat the purifies too much until your shuffle is at a high enough level, the stagger DoT is rarely a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

bank 3chi, cast chi wave as he's coming down from Death from above, roll in, KS, BoKx2, jab, BoK, pray you have stacked enough crit that the rng lords are pleased.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Drodoo View Post
    I was struggling on that fight as a BrM, worth to be noted tho is that I'm undergeared. (551 ilvl wiith 2* ToT heroic weps)
    What we found working for us, was having me get 5 stacks, then just kille the add in mele. ( with the other tank helping out)
    Only reason we could do that tho is we had a prot warrior, and they are unbalanced on that fight.
    We're still progressing on Siegecrafter, but I took 3 in the beginning and could kill the Automated Shredder before the second one spawns (without anyone else hitting it). I generally saved my tiger in all fairness (due to knowing that none of my DPS were switching when they were supposed to). I have a Heroic TF ToT MH and Heroic OH with Normal RoR (though generally pretty good gear in all other slots).

E.g. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...4508&target=62 (Very little to no outside help for every Automated Shredder).

When I tried to do the high stacks on normal mode, everyone suddenly went full retard mode... I killed my bot with 3 stacks easily, our DK tank had a second automated shredder spawn while his was on around 30%~. No ranged switched target again (Officers were like... Oh, that's why we were failing on heroic mode after I explained everything for the third time). I ended up with like 9 stacks >_> (without the DK and I switching at all after the first one, for I have no clue what reason).

Unfortunately we called the raid very short, due to people having connection issues and the like (peoples connection / blizz servers have been really shitty the past 2 or 3 weeks).

Our DPS just needs to pull their finger out :/ We've hit the enrage on a lot of our first kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'm not sure why you say not to do this. I do it on 25 every week, and it's no issue at all. I don't even use a potion to kill it.
    Obv. talking bout Heroic. Its really almost impossible to kill the add with 3 stacks as a monk.