Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Both of them were created to appeal to the horny testosterone guzzling teenage male demographic, do you consider yourself to be one?
    All of my Alliance alts are Night Elves and Draenei, and I'm a female player :P Also, I dress my Blood Elf paladin alt in bikini plate....

To answer the question from the OP, I play both factions. But my guild went Horde for the racials (<3 Berserking), so my Alliance alts have become pretty neglected (especially since I'm down to 1 main and 1 alt that I actually play this expansion).
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-10-22 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Both of them were created to appeal to the horny testosterone guzzling teenage male demographic, do you consider yourself to be one?
    you sure it's just them? wanna bet the artist and devs intentionally created/used models they themselves drool over and they're males in the 20-40 demographic

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you sure it's just them? wanna bet the artist and devs intentionally created/used models they themselves drool over and they're males in the 20-40 demographic
    I think like half of the female players I know on Alliance side play Draenei :P And you've got to be kidding about drooling over WoW models, this is WoW and not Tera--WoW models are dated looking and cartoonish....don't get me wrong, I like WoW models, but their total lack of realism and art style makes them pretty PG.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-10-22 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I fucking hate the new orgrimmar so I wouldn't mind playing alliance but recruitment is just easier on horde by a large margin with faction changes being so expensive. Doesn't even matter anymore that the racials are better.
    <3 new org

I already play Alliance, have prefered the faction since I 1st played Warcfat 1 way back in the day. I have horde toons as well, 2 at 90, but I don't play them as much as my main ally toons.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-10-22 at 08:59 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I know right? Maybe I should ask the opposite seeing that alliance : horde ratios are like 60:40 . But closer looks do reveal that the majority of the core gaming community is horde, espeially at end game.
    Because average Alliance player became too young (in my server at least). I was alliance for 3 years, and saw it go into a 14-18 years old majority. Nothing's wrong with being 14-18, but when you're older, you can find that maturity plays a certain role in teamplay. PUG & BGs became completely horrendous. Since I'm in Horde, I found the more mature state of mind I was looking for.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2013-10-22 at 09:08 AM.

I don't play alliance because at my very start of playing wow, i wanted to make something that looked more human but didnt liked humans because they are pretty bulky, and belfs weren't available for everyone yet
    so i went with undead

I started playing Horde because they had Undead, the very fresh and new race for me. But ended up rerolling Alliance, because on my server Horde was too immature and recruiting was painful due to this. That was back in BC; nowadays I'd never touch a Horde because it is like 99% blood elves/1% others, which ruins the lore and experience for me heavily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two reasons why I play horde:
    1: Alliance bedtime is before raid time starts..
    2: A raid consisting of Dwarves (the only acceptable alliance race) only, is rarely viable..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I personally play both, used to not play Alliance because all my friends etc were on horde side, plus I hated alliance male looks.

Now I tend to not care if I make a female toon or not, other than RP purposes (even then...)

10+ Year Old Account
    On my chosen realm I have 10 Horde and 1 Alliance character.

I wanted to experience questing/storylines from their perspective.

I like blood elves and undead too much.

I would play alliance as main faction if they gave me free faction change for my main server.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have Four Horde and Five Alliance. I personally like the Alliance in terms of its races, zones, and of course my Paladin

However, lore wise it hasn't done hardly anything for the last year or so, going through Westfall is depressing and my biggest peev is that the Alliance in my opinion suck at Battlegrounds which are not AV or IoC. Played both, I think there is a difference.

Anyways, Horde has great lore, but I only really like Blood Elves, had enough of Tauren when I started. However my Lock was originally Worgen until rage at Alliance BGs made me do my first ever Faction Change. No regrets PVP wise, was a blast. Shame it's undead now, but still.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly would go Alliance if I could. Issues are:

All of my friends are Horde
    All of my characters are Horde
    My raiding guild is Horde
    etc. etc. etc.

Too many ties to Horde, alas though, maybe one day....

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    I recommend reading/listening (I purchased the unabridged audiobook on downpour.com) to the Shadows of the Horde novel. Your opinion of Vol'jin may change.
    It won't. I'll never respect him until he learns to speak properly and puts some clothes on. I don't want an illiterate naked guy as my leader. To be fair though, it's not him specifically, I just don't like trolls in general. To me it would be like a gnome leading the Alliance.

I only have one Horde and many, many Alliance characters. I've played Horde 2007-2009, but after a while I was sick of undead, bones, slime, all that stuff. Horde has never been appealing to me, but my friends wanted to be baaaad orcs, you know... When I told them in 2009 "I don't care anymore, I want to be part of the Alliance" they all went with me and are baaaad dwarfs now. Haha. I just keep my Horde-warrior for seeing the story of the opposite side.

Signature made by Shyama <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Alliance - have done since mid tBC - was Horde before - largest raiding guild on EU-Runetotem pre tBC moved to a new realm before the portal event, so friends of theirs and us ( my old guild ) moved with them - now Horde on my current realm is dead - I start to play Ally as friends rolled new Ally toons - been there ever since. Prefered the old Org and SW though - perhaps on another realm it would be good to go back to Horde. I do like my Worgen 'lock though....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It won't. I'll never respect him until he learns to speak properly and puts some clothes on. I don't want an illiterate naked guy as my leader. To be fair though, it's not him specifically, I just don't like trolls in general. To me it would be like a gnome leading the Alliance.
    Oldest playable race! Elves evolved from Trolls! Beware of da voodoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I do right now, but it's more because I had friends ask me to tank again.

I would RATHER play Horde, and here's why:

First, let's state the obvious: The racials are just better for PVE, although they are relatively minor. However, it goes deeper. The perception is that racials are better. Therefore, more guilds wanting to play at a high level will roll Horde for what they see as an advantage even though outside of perhaps guilds like Method, Paragon and their ilk the racials are so minuscule as to be almost negligible. This has the added effect, though, of meaning there are more raiding guilds that are Horde, and therefore for raiders and wannabe hardcore raiders, Horde is the better choice not necessarily due to any tangible benefits, but due to the fact there are more opportunities for good quality guilds. That's not to say there aren't any good Alliance guilds, but there seems to be more Horde guilds, so more raiders are attracted to Horde because there's a better chance to get into a good raiding guild and more opportunities to get higher progression since more higher-end raiding guilds are Horde.
    The thread ended with this post.