Deleted

Multiple target rotations (SV)

Hey guys, just wanted to double check I got this right about how our rotation changes when more targets come into play. So far I've been going with:

1 target = normal rotation
    2 targets = normal rotation, keep up SS on second target
    3 targets = normal rotation replacing arcane shot with multi-shot + start using explosive trap
    4 targets or more = go into full AoE spam

I was under the impression this was correct in ToT, maybe I was wrong or maybe due to changes, namely to arcane shot, it has changed. Any thoughts? Main reason for asking this question is that on fights like Fallen Protectors, Dark Shamans and Spoils my damage usually isn't as good as I would like, and generally I'm a bit lost as to what exactly I should be doing damage wise. Cheers.

Try playing BM and beast cleaving on shamans, it's pretty op.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Try playing BM and beast cleaving on shamans, it's pretty op.
    BM on shamans. \o/

Anyway, this has brought a question up, is it still worth multishotting 2 mobs to active beast cleave? And if this is the case, is it recommended to try and keep the buff up and just replace AS with MS at 2 targets completely?

On topic: I'm fairly confident you don't want to be putting down an explosive trap with only 3 mobs. I'd say more like the 5-7 mark. Unless of course it's Galakras where you have down time and can pre-lay traps beforehand.
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2013-10-22 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    BM on shamans. \o/
    BM should rape SV when bosses are split and oozes spawn/die within a few yards of the boss, they die in a single beast cleave cast, at least on 25hc. Also initial burst is way higher and should help getting the dogs down faster. If you do normal or a normal strat on HC, they should be pretty equal, depending on oozes handling.

I think that at 3 targets, just spamming MS + ExS on CD is higher damage overall. However if you wanna focus a main target you should do normal rotation + MS just to refresh the other 2 stings. But at this point, BM should give you better results. Even if it deals a little less damage overall in sustained AoE (which i'm not pretty sure) BM can keep a very high single target damage while actually cleaving extra targets, with a good pet focus management it can definetly surpass SV at any AoE scenario where pet positioning is not an issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    BM should rape SV when bosses are split and oozes spawn/die within a few yards of the boss, they die in a single beast cleave cast, at least on 25hc. Also initial burst is way higher and should help getting the dogs down faster. If you do normal or a normal strat on HC, they should be pretty equal, depending on oozes handling.

I think that at 3 targets, just spamming MS + ExS on CD is higher damage overall. However if you wanna focus a main target you should do normal rotation + MS just to refresh the other 2 stings. But at this point, BM should give you better results. Even if it deals a little less damage overall in sustained AoE (which i'm not pretty sure) BM can keep a very high single target damage while actually cleaving extra targets, with a good pet focus management it can definetly surpass SV at any AoE scenario where pet positioning is not an issue
    Initial burst yes, but the amount of times my pet dies on shamans due to the ashen wall. Oh god. Also, aoeing down the oozes is a lot more consistent as SV imo. If your pet isn't close to them at the time (due to them spawning away from the boss for example) this can cause issue, not only due to the pet having to travel to the mobs, but also the potential of it charging through an ashen wall on the way. SV is just a more efficient spec imo on shamans, aside from the first 30 seconds of the fight.

In my experience the slimes haven't been clumped up enough for Beast Cleave to be reliable. However a Multi-Shot/Barrage combo as Surv deals with them pretty nicely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    In my experience the slimes haven't been clumped up enough for Beast Cleave to be reliable. However a Multi-Shot/Barrage combo as Surv deals with them pretty nicely.
    Same, also I would imagine BM would be a nightmare for shamans, I heard that the slime aoe and the wall kills your pets. Also could someone actually answer the question I asked if they know the answer? I don't want to play BM yet as I'm much more comfortable with SV and I'm new in my guild and don't want to under perform due to trying a spec out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    Same, also I would imagine BM would be a nightmare for shamans, I heard that the slime aoe and the wall kills your pets. Also could someone actually answer the question I asked if they know the answer? I don't want to play BM yet as I'm much more comfortable with SV and I'm new in my guild and don't want to under perform due to trying a spec out.
    The Walls will kill your pet since they melee attack whatever gets close to them, but the AoE from the slime gets reduced by 90% from the passive AoE reduction pets have, so the slimes are fine, but the walls sucks.

If you are more comfortable as SV and you have 4 set, you will outperform BM easily since they are so close in dps that skill is what will get one above the other.

Deleted
    Initial burst yes, but the amount of times my pet dies on shamans due to the ashen wall. Oh god. Also, aoeing down the oozes is a lot more consistent as SV imo. If your pet isn't close to them at the time (due to them spawning away from the boss for example) this can cause issue, not only due to the pet having to travel to the mobs, but also the potential of it charging through an ashen wall on the way. SV is just a more efficient spec imo on shamans, aside from the first 30 seconds of the fight.
    the most common strat for 25H has the melee shaman up into the ramp leading to nazgrim, while having the caster shaman as if it was normal. There are no ashen walls in the caster zone, and the tank just holds his ground or moves 2-3 yards at most when ozzes spawn, so they spawn pretty well clustered and within a few yards from the boss, so you can just multishot the boss and hit every single one of them (there's always 1-2 that move faster at start or remain after the others, but you get the point). Anyway if it was not the case, I wouldn't even bother to switch targets as 2 locks and a SP can finish them pretty easy too, as they only need that much damage and are no real threat even if they last 5-10 secs more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    the most common strat for 25H has the melee shaman up into the ramp leading to nazgrim, while having the caster shaman as if it was normal. There are no ashen walls in the caster zone, and the tank just holds his ground or moves 2-3 yards at most when ozzes spawn, so they spawn pretty well clustered and within a few yards from the boss, so you can just multishot the boss and hit every single one of them (there's always 1-2 that move faster at start or remain after the others, but you get the point). Anyway if it was not the case, I wouldn't even bother to switch targets as 2 locks and a SP can finish them pretty easy too, as they only need that much damage and are no real threat even if they last 5-10 secs more.
    Hmm, will multishotting the boss actually procc your beast cleave though, to the mobs around it? I know on Lei Shen if you did that, your beast cleave wouldn't actually activate even when you multi shot them with Lei Shen as your pets target. Something to do with the size of the model or something.

Deleted
    Hmm, will multishotting the boss actually procc your beast cleave though, to the mobs around it? I know on Lei Shen if you did that, your beast cleave wouldn't actually activate even when you multi shot them with Lei Shen as your pets target. Something to do with the size of the model or something.
    I don't understand the confusion. Beast cleave is activated when you multishot, no matter what target you or your pet is on. And the pet will cleave whatever is in 10 yards, no matter what yours or your pet target is. The whole purpose of beast cleave would be defeated if it would require from you to target whatever target you want to cleave. It wouldn't be a cleave then.

Huh? Beast cleave activates on your pet after you multi shot. Doesn't matter how many things it hits, what it hits, or the size of any models. Whether or not the pet is in range for the cleave to actually hit the things you want it to hit is entirely up to you. If your tank moves away to spawn the oozes and you keep your pet on the boss, multi shot will still activate beast cleave, but the pet will be cleaving nothing. Just have the tank run in a tight circle around Wavebinder when they're spawning, and beast cleave works just fine.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Beast cleave always activates after a multi-shot. (easily confirmed by tracking the buff on your pet and multi shotting anything)
    Beast cleave only affects X yards around your pet though. So pet positioning is key.