So now that I have my 2 pc, I'm trying to figure out the best way to use it/DP for each fight. Any thoughts? 10N, if that makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    So, I'm working on my Paladin alt and got all Timeless gear, have done all the LFRs up through the first half of ToT, and then the queues slowed so I jumped into SoO LFR.

People. Are. Awful. I now understand the tank shortage.
    I haven't dared do LFR SoO on my tank alts. On my palatank main, it's bad enough - several hours to struggle through 3 bosses but a high itemlevel usually protects you against abuse. However, people in LFR are frankly mean to low geared tanks (just out of Timeless Isle/ToT LFR). I took my healer into a SoO LFR with two 496+ geared tanks and immediately the baiting started ("these tanks have no gear" "save your brs, these tanks are going to need it" etc). Such people deserve their 45 minute + queues. If 496 is the itemlevel required and the tanks have it, then at least wait for them to mess up before criticising. It's a toxic atmosphere at the moment. I rather like learning the fights and would rather see them in LFR first than fail on normals in front of guildies, but many seem intolerant of learning in LFR. ("You're wasting my time").

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I haven't dared do LFR SoO on my tank alts. On my palatank main, it's bad enough - several hours to struggle through 3 bosses but a high itemlevel usually protects you against abuse. However, people in LFR are frankly mean to low geared tanks (just out of Timeless Isle/ToT LFR). I took my healer into a SoO LFR with two 496+ geared tanks and immediately the baiting started ("these tanks have no gear" "save your brs, these tanks are going to need it" etc). Such people deserve their 45 minute + queues. If 496 is the itemlevel required and the tanks have it, then at least wait for them to mess up before criticising. It's a toxic atmosphere at the moment. I rather like learning the fights and would rather see them in LFR first than fail on normals in front of guildies, but many seem intolerant of learning in LFR. ("You're wasting my time").
    I'm the opposite, I'd rather learn the boss with guildies (or just by reading/watching videos) than to go into a random group and fuck up - with guildies, I know we're on the same page (you know, progression). With randoms, experience is all over the place, and wipe tolerance is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I'm the opposite, I'd rather learn the boss with guildies (or just by reading/watching videos) than to go into a random group and fuck up - with guildies, I know we're on the same page (you know, progression). With randoms, experience is all over the place, and wipe tolerance is zero.
    The difference is that if you fuck up on progression, you generally die and you wipe.
    If you fuck up in lfr, no one notices.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    The difference is that if you fuck up on progression, you generally die and you wipe.
    If you fuck up in lfr, no one notices.
    1) That's what the tanking cloak is for, if you so desire - but I won't start that debate again
    2) Tank deaths are rarely the cause for wipes, at least in my raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    1) That's what the tanking cloak is for, if you so desire - but I won't start that debate again
    2) Tank deaths are rarely the cause for wipes, at least in my raid.
    You just wait till you get to the latter part of heroic siege ))))

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    You just wait till you get to the latter part of heroic siege ))))
    Also, tbh the reason i don't care much for tank BoA's is that i'm comparing N garrosh boa vs heroic shield/weapons.
    Obviously the heroic BoA is BIS, but untill i start killing him on heroic, they're inferior to a loot that's already "available"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Also, tbh the reason i don't care much for tank BoA's is that i'm comparing N garrosh boa vs heroic shield/weapons.
    Obviously the heroic BoA is BIS, but untill i start killing him on heroic, they're inferior to a loot that's already "available"
    Don't know - maybe if you're really undergeared otherwise I'd value the 2nd socket higher than the extra armor/sta/str on a hc shield.

Deleted
    Don't know - maybe if you're really undergeared otherwise I'd value the 2nd socket higher than the extra armor/sta/str on a hc shield.
    I would value the hc shield over the normal any day considering the physical damage nature of a lot of siege. The socket does not outweigh the armor imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I would value the hc shield over the normal any day considering the physical damage nature of a lot of siege. The socket does not outweigh the armor imo.
    Depends on the kind of gear you have when you do the fights I guess. And what kind of haste levels you can stay at/reach with each shield. Right now I'd stick to the heroic shield. But if the 350 extra haste I could get from the shield would let me stay haste capped versus not being haste capped I might value it differently.

And if I were 570 by the time I got to the latter bosses I'd probably also pick the extra socket. (assuming the haste is still valuable when going for the cap).

Deleted
    I have heroic holy shield from spoils (spirit/mastery) in bags, and normal nazgrim on me. None is WF. Is HC holy better ? I'd wage it can be thx to ilvl (I kept my HTF tortos shield from week 5 ToT to nazgrim shield) what's buging me is that it doesn't have haste, but..

Deleted
    Depends on the kind of gear you have when you do the fights I guess. And what kind of haste levels you can stay at/reach with each shield. Right now I'd stick to the heroic shield. But if the 350 extra haste I could get from the shield would let me stay haste capped versus not being haste capped I might value it differently.

And if I were 570 by the time I got to the latter bosses I'd probably also pick the extra socket. (assuming the haste is still valuable when going for the cap).
    To be honest, I would maybe take the garrosh shield over the Sha HC shield, but compared to the nazgrim or spoils shield, you are just losing to much mastery and armor, both of which are extremely valuable in the later heroic modes.

I would go with the heroic shield over the BoA normal as well.

Also, don't let me go back into the general discussion forum Firefly.../facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I would go with the heroic shield over the BoA normal as well.

Also, don't let me go back into the general discussion forum Firefly.../facepalm
    I am trying my best to stay out of there haha. Finding it really hard to keep a civil discussion there as some peoples reading comprehension is non existant.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...24:76699:76699

It doesn't win in any of the criterias AND it can't be warforged.

Yeah, I'm setting my loot spec to retribution at Garrosh, because I'll at least use the 2h axe while levelling.

A weapon is a stat stick for prot anyway, and I have the HC-TF axe from Jin'rohk (605 hit, 408 expertise with two 320 haste gems in it) which has about the same amount of stat points on a SoO weapon due to the additional socket.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-10-23 at 03:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, I'm setting my loot spec to retribution at Garrosh, because I'll at least use the 2h axe while levelling.
    Your new avatar is confusing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Your new avatar is confusing me.
    My old one stopped working for some reason, and I couldn't find the file on my PC to upload it again so I chose something else.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...99.0.0.0.131.2

Sorry but there's just no way the BoA shield is better.
    747 armor >> tiny weeny bit of haste and the other stats are more than enough to compensate for the loss in mastery.

Deleted
    300 haste in itself isn't a lot. but 300 haste more than another item at 560+ is quite a lot actually. If I had not gotten the leggs I currently use I would've been 300 below gcd cap using my current setup. I'd certainly consider it. Doesn't mean I might change on certain fights but in the end that's what I would go with.