Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hypnotic Dust too expensive, can't level enchanting.

How do I pick up some hypnotic dust?
    I need about 400 of them and I don't really want to pay for them.
    Would love to farm them.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=52555/

2 seconds of research. If you still can't figure it out, look at the "sold by" tab and the "Disenchanted from" tab. Find a level appropriate dungeon, maybe use a potion of treasure finding.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a tailor char? If so, depending on the price of embersilk cloth, you can craft deathsilk belt/bracers or the cowl which will yield this dust when disenchanted. There's a very good farming spot in twilight highlands (Dragonmaw pass) for this cloth if you're prepared to farm it, this will also net you some greens which give the dust too.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    How do I pick up some hypnotic dust?
    I need about 400 of them and I don't really want to pay for them.
    Would love to farm them.
    If you have Tailoring, take a look at Embersilk Cloth price or farm them yourself and make Deathsilk items and disenchant.
    Buy a Potion of treasure finding a go to a place to farm cloth, there are several good places you can go to if you wanna farm cloth.

I usually just mine elementium and prospect it into gems. then i make JC rings/necklaces to DE with my enchanter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    I usually just mine elementium and prospect it into gems. then i make JC rings/necklaces to DE with my enchanter.
    This is how i did it, i didn't have mining though so i just bought the green gems from ah

Or run some bg's and buy Hypnotic dust for 100 honor at the Honor trade goods vendor in Org

I heard it's raining greens and embersilk cloths in West Deepholm.
    If you have tailoring you can craft greens with those cloths and DE them.

Farm them

literally grew them at your farm also DE timeless isle epics and break the sha crystals down to dusts

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Farm them

literally grew them at your farm also DE timeless isle epics and break the sha crystals down to dusts
    thats spirit dust -_-'
    if ur gonna give people information make sure u give the correct info ...

You can buy them for honor or jp so if like doing dungs or BGs that's one way, otherwise I would farm it and while doing that you will get some extra gold so you can buy from AH.

If you have a level 90 toon, run all Cata heroics solo once per day. Collect all greens and send them to your enchanter. If the toon you farm with is also a tailor, you'll be also flooded with Embersilk clothes you can turn into green items to be DEed.
    That's how I did it last week, it took around half an hour for 90ish dusts. If you want to run more than once per day each instance, just farm level 84-85 normal Cata dungeons, it works as well and you are not limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephenthos View Post
    thats spirit dust -_-'
    if ur gonna give people information make sure u give the correct info ...
    What i get for posting drunk damn beer goggles

Ok Hypnotic dust well i would just solo normal 85 instances or if you have a jc just create a shit ton of those jasper rings which are the cheapest gems to get a hold of

OP would need to give more info like does he have alts that have crafting proffs etc

1 dust = 100 honor, I usually use all my extra honor to buy stacks of it and sell on the AH. You get around 400-500 honor for your first win of the day and around 250 - 300 for every win after that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLLY View Post
    I heard it's raining greens and embersilk cloths in West Deepholm.
    If you have tailoring you can craft greens with those cloths and DE them.
    Sadly, that was nerfed a while ago. Because, you know, obtaining mats from an old xpac to level profs is game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Sadly, that was nerfed a while ago. Because, you know, obtaining mats from an old xpac to level profs is game breaking.
    Farm it via DEing shit from Cata dungeons.
    Farm it via DEing shit from Cata professions.
    Shuffle it via Prospecting Cata ores into gems, crafting shit from said gems, and DEing. (The uncommon quality gems + jeweler's thingo = 5-10 Hypnotic dust for a couple of gems)

I literally burned the equivalent of 100k+ gold in Hypnotic Dust, selling it for less than 1g a piece during Cata, when it's worth 10-15g a piece these days. GG RIP. I had GBanks of the stuff because it was worthless back then and I shuffled for the Celestials, not for the dust.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best choice is farm justice points and buy at 100jp per dust.

Deleted
    By far the fastest method unless they are horribly over priced is to do dailies, then use the gold from the dailies on buying the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    Farm it via DEing shit from Cata dungeons.
    Farm it via DEing shit from Cata professions.
    Shuffle it via Prospecting Cata ores into gems, crafting shit from said gems, and DEing. (The uncommon quality gems + jeweler's thingo = 5-10 Hypnotic dust for a couple of gems)

I literally burned the equivalent of 100k+ gold in Hypnotic Dust, selling it for less than 1g a piece during Cata, when it's worth 10-15g a piece these days. GG RIP. I had GBanks of the stuff because it was worthless back then and I shuffled for the Celestials, not for the dust.
    Always always ALWAYS stash your mats on a bank alt. Mats that are cheap and worthless now are going to be worth a lot more next xpac. That's been the case since forever.

Buy them cheap as dirt now, and sell them a year from now. Watch your gold earning explode. Long term planning in a video game sucks, but it's crazy how much gold you can make if you just sit and wait.

You could farm vortex pinnacle instace and sell the volatile air that goes for a very nice price to pay for hypnotic plus you can sell the greens that drop from that instance

If you do it on normal you can run the instance as much as you like