10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Mate. You really are better off not understanding this type of russian dota players. Just... believe me.
    I don't really care if they're Russian, it's just the language. I'm also uncomfortable talking about it on any forum because talking about this exact topic will always create a shit storm.
    I really shouldn't have even mentioned that they were russians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I don't really care if they're Russian, it's just the language. I'm also uncomfortable talking about it on any forum because talking about this exact topic will always create a shit storm.
    I really shouldn't have even mentioned that they were russians.
    Saying russians are often massive trolls on dota is not falming, trolling, insulting its just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Saying russians are often massive trolls on dota is not falming, trolling, insulting its just a fact.
    Just because it's true doesn't mean it isn't flaming or insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame myself for this.

Deleted

I don't see the point talking about it, really.
    You're never gonna play DotA with a human-looking doll, representing a collection of sterotypes. You're gonna play it with people and people are all different. Certain generalizations are good but this one is just pointless. What are you gonna do, abandon when you see a Russian?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I don't see the point talking about it, really.
    You're never gonna play DotA with a human-looking doll, representing a collection of sterotypes. You're gonna play it with people and people are all different. Certain generalizations are good but this one is just pointless. What are you gonna do, abandon when you see a Russian?
    If i gad better internet i would play on the US East servers purely to avoid all Europeans and English (I'm english but every single english person i have met on dota is some 15 year old "gangster", i find the USA to be far more polite and you can actually communicate with the properly - atleast that is what i have found when i have played on the USA servers.

Deleted
    If i gad better internet i would play on the US East servers purely to avoid all Europeans and English (I'm english but every single english person i have met on dota is some 15 year old "gangster", i find the USA to be far more polite and you can actually communicate with the properly - atleast that is what i have found when i have played on the USA servers.
    All I've learned from playing on USE is that people talk more.
    The talk isn't much better or worse, it's just more.

i find the USA to be far more polite and you can actually communicate with the properly - atleast that is what i have found when i have played on the USA servers.
    Depends on your level of play. I play predominantly on USE and mid-tier MMR and run into a lot of native Spanish and Portuguese speakers, which can get frustrating because Dota 2 is a team game, and when you can't communicate with half your team it can be hard to get stuff done.

This is quite true, chat is significantly more active on the US servers than on the EU servers I've played on.

Deleted
    The chat in 90% of my games may as well be this :

?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Too many people who can't speak English select the English option for Language, I've found in the USA this happens far less.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i can always tell when my friend has selected us servers when theres actually people on voice chat. This can be good sometimes, but usually they just rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there much lag playing on the USE servers as somebody from the UK? I wouldn't mind adding it to my region pool but if it lags too much I don't see any point.

Is there much lag playing on the USE servers as somebody from the UK? I wouldn't mind adding it to my region pool but if it lags too much I don't see any point.
    A lot of the people I play with are Scandinavians and their ping is pretty good on USE, usually around 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russians, Spanish Speakers...RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive never noticed any lag while playing on use, but then i dont do it very ofen.

edit: That new jugger set is so fucking sexy. I want it and im pretty sure ive played him about once.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-10-22 at 12:18 AM.

Great games today.... have only needed to mute around 20 people so far. Is there any way to permanently turn of chat in Dota 2? Or do I have to start muting everyone at the start of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Great games today.... have only needed to mute around 20 people so far. Is there any way to permanently turn of chat in Dota 2? Or do I have to start muting everyone at the start of the game?
    Yeah i usually queue with friends so dont have to suffer chat but today when i solo queued it was awful. Wonder if the patch brought back a load of nob heads to try it out.

Dont want to double post so il add it on here.
    How are people playing invoker now, with 2 spells is it better to get some more points in wex early? I usually go the exort build with some in quas for the forge spirits. Im thinking il put atleast one point in wex very early now though for the invis. Is the emp change significant enough to make it worth using before very late game?
    Im a pretty big noob with invoker, all i can do is land sunstrikes untill i get scepter, after which i just meteor/defeaning blast/spam anything else.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-10-22 at 03:02 PM.

Seems to me that there are a few bugs in the game at the moment. Played a game earlier, and some spell effects and sounds just didn't appear. Even some tower shots turned invisible.

Did a Bristleback game won my 2v1 lane thanks to the Jakiro stacking creeps killing him and taking some of the creeps but made the horrible mistake of overstaying.. got killed ha. But after they couldn't gank me only died in 1 teamfight. Ended up 12/2/10. I am pleased! Also yeah Invoker's Ghost Walk spell effect was bugged got some green shiver on him when he used it.

i would go for 4 0 4 2 build for invoker (unless i am sure that opposing mid is thrash and i can get away with full exort and start one shotting ppl with euls combo)
    having a forged spirit helps with last hitting and most importantly it makes your cold snap harrasment alot stronger

I like Doom.