Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lets hope this reduces the number of mindless robots in BG's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Bots actually make the auction house stable... Get rid of bots and mats for farming will be ridiculously high.
    Only at first. I don't think you understand economics really. If bots disappear, it will actually be worth it to go out farm stuff yourself. Something people haven't done in 3-4 years now.

Funny when people complain about the price of mats if bot were all banned without realizing that maybe then people would start farming them for gold instead.

Bots have made the gathering professions useless, that is all.

Anyways, most people don't get the idea, the problem with bots is that somebody is making money out of it, I highly doubt if they were free people would care about it. The only solution would probably be for Blizzard to adopt the "crew" model from SWTOR, and you send YOUR OWN BOTS to farm mats for you.

As for the BG ones, well, it just needs a captcha of some kind when the queue pops.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I am absolutely 100% it was. And some of the gms I spoke to even confirmed it.

If you are saying a gm confirmed to you someone was using a bot, I call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    I've honestly been playing since Vanilla and I've never encountered a bot in any bg, or out in the wild. People cry like it's ruining the game but I've honestly never been affected by a bot.
    You're either extremely unique, or extremely inattentive. Let's hope unique.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good for Blizzard but i bet they earned more then 7 million :S

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Glad to see that Blizzard are taking steps to crush foul play.
    LOL! you're aware that they filed the lawsuit in 2011? also, you're aware that this is like "don quichotte"? (the guy fighting the windmill). as long as there is the technical possibility for bots, lawsuits won't help at all. a new competitor will pick their business up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You're either extremely unique, or extremely inattentive. Let's hope unique.
    A large majority of WoW users are casual to a level that many gamers are simply unable to accept - even those that have played for nine+ years can still be very casual when compared to some other .. groups.. of players. Thus, they can play the game without analyzing and lurking near players that may OR MAY NOT be bots, without making assumptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've honestly been playing since Vanilla and I've never encountered a bot in any bg, or out in the wild. People cry like it's ruining the game but I've honestly never been affected by a bot.
    You must have had your head in the sand for the last 8 years then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    LOL! you're aware that they filed the lawsuit in 2011? also, you're aware that this is like "don quichotte"? (the guy fighting the windmill). as long as there is the technical possibility for bots, lawsuits won't help at all. a new competitor will pick their business up.
    More like the same business will change names and start all over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    The American court system is a joke, the only reason they were even able to even have the smallest possibility of winning was because they were on American soil. If this was China, Russia, Brazil, India, Korea, etc... they would be laughed at.

$7 million dollars for Blizzard is literally chump change anyways, they get that same much every two days just from WoW.

People have been bitching about bots this and bot that, this is just a news story for them (And anyone else) to use against any people who speak up about it. Because when one bot goes down, another comes up.
    Well sure, $7mil isn't that much to them, but it's a lot to the company their suing and that's the point.

and sadly, you're right. When one bot goes down, another comes up, but if they stopped fighting, the situation would be a lot worse than it is today.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a video a few years old showing diff. types ofpathing bots. until you get a clear look at one, you justthink they are very dense players.

bgs, even leveling brackets, are FULL of bots.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    It's great that actions being taken against these bot makers although I can't help but think it doesn't do much since the court process takes so long the bots probably wont work anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The judgement states "As of early 2013, Defendants received in excess of $289,000 in revenue in connection with the Bots." Although this is nothing to sniffed at it is a far cry from the $7 million Blizzard have been awarded, no doubt much of this will be legal fees.

What is interesting in the judgement is "In the past two years, 185,000 complaints related to botting were received, and over 91,000 were written complaints that specifically mentioned “botting.” Investigation of these complaints cost in excess of $390,000." Which suggests that botting is either not as a big problem as some believe or players are not interested in reporting them.

It is always going to be difficult to remove bots and litigation against bot makers is always going to be slow process which is only viable in countries that recognise Blizzard's TOU.

I'm surprised people are skimming over this. Either botting isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Or people aren't reporting like they say they do.

Deleted
    Fuck given in the bot market = 0

They waited too long with banning people. 1 year bann wave is alright...but they waited close to 3-4 years now and prob only banned the same amount as before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I'm surprised people are skimming over this. Either botting isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Or people aren't reporting like they say they do.
    "there is no point in reporting, they never do anything about it anyway"

It's funny because it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    "there is no point in reporting, they never do anything about it anyway"

It's funny because it's true.
    You say this in a thread about blizzard suing a bot company and wining.

Sense... your post has none.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post

More like the same business will change names and start all over again.

Until they get audited and someone goes "Hey, this person has a 7million dollar outstanding lawsuit on their hands and declared bankruptcy." Then they get sent to jail.

- - - Updated - - -

The latter.

Deleted
    You say this in a thread about blizzard suing a bot company and wining.

Sense... your post has none.
    Come back to me in a year and tell me weither you saw a decrease in bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Come back to me in a year and tell me weither you saw a decrease in bots.
    In my 5-6 years of playing wow I have only saw 1 bot for sure, that was in wrath. I'm not sure I can see less bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Joke of the year. If they wanted to damage it for some people - simple - make it hard again - take away all the helpful things for all the little kiddies who play and think they are big boys because they play WOW in 2013 - let them try the version from 6-7 years ago. The would run crying to their mummies to have their little faces wiped clean of tears.
    Are you refering to the hard part where you killed the same scorpions for 7 hours straight to level once, the tank and spank bosses or the dungeon full of tank and spank bosses so you could get fire resistance gear so you could tank and spank a fire boss?

Deleted
    In my 5-6 years of playing wow I have only saw 1 bot for sure, that was in wrath. I'm not sure I can see less bots.
    Oh cmon lol, even the your closest friends wouldn't believe such bullshit you saw only 1 bot. Especially if you do PvP.