10+ Year Old Account
    My guild group is starting on Sha of Pride 10 Man Heroic and later on Galakras 10 Man Heroic
    Any tips for Brewmaster OT?

Sha seems easy:
    - RJW seems to be good choice as we have adds that need to be tanked
    - as wounded-pride is shadow based - Diffuse Magic seems be good choice or shall i take Dampen Harm for adds?

As for Galakras: I will be tank going to towers

- RJW ofc - lots of aoe
    - Shall i go with RoP or Leg Sweep for the adds atacking NPC?

Any tips would be usefull

ps. Any Glyphs u would recomend for thsoe fights?
    Last edited by Cuteness; 2013-10-22 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuteness View Post
    Sha seems easy:
    - RJW seems to be good choice as we have adds that need to be tanked
    - as wounded-pride is shadow based - Diffuse Magic seems be good choice or shall i take Dampen Harm for adds?

Xuen, as adds die in seconds, and hardly pop up.
    Any cooldown as nothing really hurts at all.

As for Galakras: I will be tank going to towers

- RJW ofc - lots of aoe

Any tips would be usefull

ps. Any Glyphs u would recomend for thsoe fights?

RJW & Charging Ox Wave (so you have stuns often enough to interrupt the cleave crap).

Fortifying Brew, SCK and Healing Spheres
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Fortifying Brew, SCK and Healing Spheres
    Isn't SCK glyph redundant if you are taking RJW too? Should take the one that makes you pop out a sphere if you go < 35% instead.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Hi guys.
    I found that, for me, a reasonable amount of haste flows around 5000 (or less). I run with a full crit build and i try to get the maximum amount of crit from every piece. What should i do when i can't reforge to crit? Should i go to mastery or keep haste "overcapped" (even if does not help me to keep shuffle up)? Ty in advance. Please criticise my armory, i'm pretty new in Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you want to do
    - Haste: Contributes to DPS but provides less mitigation than Crit or Mastery. Does allow for more PB's but at a poor conversion rate.
    - Mastery: Does not contribute to boosting DPS but is by far the best mitigation stat.

My blanket answer would be Mastery since it's still our job to be tanks first and not DPS but if you aren't dying or straining healers than people tend to focus only on what boosts their DPS.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'm not sure why you say not to do this. I do it on 25 every week, and it's no issue at all. I don't even use a potion to kill it
    Talking bout Heroic Siegecrafter, not normal, on normal anyone can kill with 3 stacks, talking heroic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Talking bout Heroic Siegecrafter, not normal, on normal anyone can kill with 3 stacks, talking heroic here.
    Probably have been more specific then, as I'm sure the majority of the people on these forums haven't reached heroic yet. But noted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Brewmaster's! I'm generally in our sister MW forums so this is new. Looking back some pages for help with the Dark Shamans (10H) I found stuff on tanking Haromm, but nothing on Kardris. We've been doing the 3 tank strat with these guys and I'm the only other one with a decent tank set so I'm rather out of my element. This being said we HAVE killed them the last two weeks, but it's rough. >.> Daaaat Froststorm Bolt is wrecking me. I realize we aren't the best with magical damage, but I feel like I'm missing something here! Any tips or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here's last weeks logs on the fight for refrence - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h1...ses&boss=71859
    And here's my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lumiair/simple Somehow I managed to log out in Brewmaster gear so it's a miracle but disregard the Healing Elixers because I was working on the Ultraxion solo last night.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Lunasta: Save Guard for the Froststorm Bolts. I rarely ever use Guard for anything else on that fight. I also take charging ox wave for a ranged stun for the blobs that spawn while I'm kiting so I don't have to get too far away from healers during that.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Isn't SCK glyph redundant if you are taking RJW too? Should take the one that makes you pop out a sphere if you go < 35% instead.
    This is correct, no reason to glyph SCK if you take the RJW talent. I typically run with the glyphs: Fortuitous Spheres, Enduring Healing Sphere, and Touch of Death
    Last edited by Ampere; 2013-10-22 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    Any tips or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Hey there! I've ended up tanking Kardris each time we've downed shamans, and I've found that my problems usually start when poison totem gets dropped and the slimes start spawning. Prior to this, good usage of ox-orbs, expelharm and a guard/dampen harm to survive the bolts is enough. As soon as the adds starts spawning, I help to gather them up with SCK (might be unnecessary damage taken, but I've found it's the easiest way to get and keep aggro on them, aswell as burning them down before they become a problem). I make sure to have Kardris on focus, so that I can see whenever she casts Froststorm Bolt, and pop guard before her cast ends, and it usually absorbs the whole thing. This can be done more or less every time she spawns adds, and if you rotate FB/Dampen Harm/Zen Med for the frostbolt/falling ash, you'll feel alot less squishy, and the expel harm/ox spheres healing should put you really high in healing done.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g0...?s=7953&e=8389 This is probably my best kill on shamans if you care to look through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Bryce and @Big thank you thank you for some advice in the matter. Never really thought to use Charging Ox and ranging my heals was one of the problems with blobs. Also keeping an eye out for the ox-orbs needs some work xD but I'll try keeping that in mind our next go-round. You guys take it easy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally preferred RoP for Galakras H in order to manage shamans and mass disarm, though I had access to warrior charges, 2 paladins worth of stuns, death grip, typhoon and more in the first wave (none of the other waves seem to have double bonecrushers).

You can expect the following important adds in each wave:

2 bonecrushers
    1 shaman
    miniboss
    2 drakes
    miniboss + shaman
    bonecrusher
    shaman
    shaman + bonecrusher
    2 drakes
    2 shaman (You don't want to reach this wave)

Gauge the bonecrusher control you have available to you in wave 1, and to an extent the other waves. Do remember that you will have 1-2 people handling grunts on the mountain for a good portion of the fight who's CC will only be limitedly available. With our strat while the tower group are doing their thing in tower 1 I only have access to a warrior+resto druid+mistweaver but that's still plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I help to gather them up with SCK (might be unnecessary damage taken, but I've found it's the easiest way to get and keep aggro on them, aswell as burning them down before they become a problem).
    If you happen to take Diffuse Magic you can actually stand in the blobs for the 10s and take next to no damage whatsoever, so if you spam Dizzying Haze to slow them and then run through with Diffuse Magic up and SCK, it won't really affect your healers at all.
    If you're tanking Kardris with two other people taking Haromm then I'd recommend glyphing Guard. Kardris doesn't do a whole lot of physical damage at all, so glyphing Guard allows you to mitigate more magic damage overall than non-glyphed Guard does, provided you use Guard specifically for magic damage and not just on CD. You can also use glyphed Guard to run through the adds with fairly low damage taken, too.

What should i do when i can't reforge to crit? Should i go to mastery or keep haste "overcapped"
    This one depends how you play.
    If you're good about pooling resources and picking up Gift of the Ox orbs and you haven't ever had any trouble with 4.5-5k haste or whatever it is you use (I keep mine in that range), and you're not trying to boost your DPS (which shouldn't be your focus unless your group is really lacking anyway) then there's no reason to overcap it, and you should then reforge excess things into mastery if you can't do crit, because mastery will give you much better mitigation than haste.
    You can do what I do, and leave it overcapped when you're learning fights and then gradually move it into mastery. Higher haste = more energy = more chi generated per minute = more room for error, but it's not a life-changing amount, it just gives me more room for error on fights I don't know.
    Otherwise mastery > overcapped haste, usually.

I prefer Leg Sweep, personally, only because we don't have all that many stuns for the Bonecrushers because a lot of our stunners are also our highest DPS and end up going towers, but we have lots of interrupts for shamans, and I like to use Leg Sweep more than RoP anyway.
    However, RoP can be really powerful if you're a tower tank, particularly if you pull all the adds to the top, RoP, and then Disarm the miniboss. Can help you survive the initial hits if you ever struggle with it.
    I've never done it on Heroic so I wouldn't know if there's any particular difference there, but I'll use RoP if I'm a tower tank (which is rare) and Leg Sweep if I'm a ground tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a slightly related note, if you're running RJW and there are enough enemies in range to generate a Chi - using Leg Sweep (while under the RJW effect) will grant an extra Chi. Like having a 50% nerfed PS

I feel al little bit squishy when it comes to iron juggernaut on 10 hc. i'm running full crit but my HP is jumping up and down like nothing. shuffle is up all the time. i take guard for the bombs. we play it with 3 healers. do i need more mastery now?

we switched to 4 healer and its no problem at all.

but still, are there ANY fights in 10 hc where i should reforge into mastery
    Last edited by siccora; 2013-10-23 at 08:48 PM.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    I feel al little bit squishy when it comes to iron juggernaut on 10 hc. i'm running full crit but my HP is jumping up and down like nothing. shuffle is up all the time. i take guard for the bombs. we play it with 3 healers. do i need more mastery now?

We worked IJ heroic 10 a bit yesterday with 3 heals and almost got it. With 3 healers and two deaths we hit enrage at 5%, but I don't think we have the dps to 4 heal.

My health was a bit jumpy (I'm also heavy on Crit, low on mastery), but I think it's OK. It just means Expel Harm, Gift of the Ox orbs and CDs need to be used when necessary. I always use Dampen Harm on that fight for bombs. I did have the Niuzao cloak proc a few times when I wasn't expecting it, but haven't had any actual "deaths" besides those since I get a lot more careful if a proc goes off.

10+ Year Old Account

Spoils Normal Cleave Trinket

Not sure what your guys thoughts are on the Cleave trinket but I think its pretty nice for very specific fights.

Im talking about the one from Spoils I currently had a 0/2 Upgraded normal version in my bags and tried it out last night on a few bosses. Was very pleased as I do not yet have my Harrom's Multi-striket Trinket or a Blackfuse trinket. I ushally run both H TOT trinkets I have had the worst of luck.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/88wl1...=11806&e=12506 (Galakras H 10 rank 2) something like 427537 DPS(E)

Now this one I was using Xuen and Jinrock/Badjuju trinkets for heroic but on normal I decided to try something new. Went cleave trinket and RJW for Normal Protectors http://worldoflogs.com/reports/88wl1...?s=4600&e=4835

World Of Logs is reporting the "cleave" ability a little wrong probably becasue our stagger being in damage breakdown shows up wrong. I was looking occasionally on Galakras sometimes it was up to 10% of my total damage but it went down to like 6% or so by the kill.

The ICD of Sigil seems to be ok. It reports a 17% up-time for me on Galakras and that seems fair, 8 different 15 sec procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post

Mastery might be nice for the bombs. The main cause of pain for me on this fight is just the flame vents + the ticking magical damage adding up to an unpleasant cocktail, which mastery won't change.

Then again, EB won't help you much and bombs are a big part of the fight, so if survivability is that much of an issue, slap some mastery on and see how it feels.

Deleted
    So, am not sure if that question is really stupid or am just ovethinking..
    Lets say you have high vengeance atm, ur health is 90% for example, will using Expell harm grant u more dmg than using jab? Expell harm does 50% of the amount it heals as nature dmg, does that counts for the overheal also?

For Juggernaut hc i just glyphed Guard and went diffuse magic, Guard on first breath , DM on 2nd and Guard again on third. Felt more safe this way, just kept spamming Expell harm as taking the bombs.