Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Transmogging in PvP

Has anyone else ever found that they get targeted an awful lot more if they're wearing a specific armor set?

So as a shaman I recently transmogged my gear to T7+bright red shield from Ulduar & giant red mace.

.. straight away I noticed I was being targeted an awful lot more in BGs than previously when I was wearing more neutral coloured gear sets.

Think I'll stick with something that doesn't stand out in future!

If you play resto, or are better than the average they face, and you wear special armor, you're easier to spot out, and because of being better than average or being a healer, they obviously want you taken out of their equation.

I thought this would be pretty obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the size of one's player character from race/gender has more of an impact. Pre-MoP Boomkins w/o the astral form glyph have always had it rough in this regard. They look like giant pin-cushions with soft downy feathers.
    Last edited by Psilo; 2013-10-07 at 07:02 AM.

Not really gear, but wearing an arena title in a random BG is like a personal invite for every bad player to think they can 1v1 you.

It would be flattering if it wasn't so sad.

Before Transmog, people used to focus the person with greens.
    Now not so much about what armor looks like but
    it really depends. If you're red and a Tauren..Yeeaa.
    Also your gear level(Usualy judged by health) makes a role. Lesser geared, probably focused down quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always noticed. Hunters wearing T5 were prefered over others.
    so it can only be bad luck or it has something to do with the giant flashy T5 shoulders

LOL this is complete nonsense imo.
    I look at the nameplates and what class it is, no way do I judge what player to attack by its transmog gear.

It has some feasibility but I would go with the masses and agree with the consensus over size of character/role/hp pool being the main aggressors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Class, spec, and Health Pool are the only things I take into consideration when trying to judge how geared they are.

Furthermore, the people I play with and myself don't look at gear to consider who to target. IE, I'm not going to ignore healers dressed in all black and attack the Pally Tank in Pink Power Ranger T2.5.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Not really gear, but wearing an arena title in a random BG is like a personal invite for every bad player to think they can 1v1 you.

How cute...

Players from the other faction can't see your titles...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyderpp View Post
    How cute...

Awkward, yes they can.

I purposefully train gladiators because i can.

Well, being brightly colored will get you noticed more, that's common sense. Whether or not there's a direct tie to you being killed more because of it can only really be speculated on unless you can monitor the brain activity of every other person who kills you in a BG.

As always, remember the tricks we play on ourselves when drawing conclusions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyderpp View Post
    How cute...

Wow.. your statement really matches your name!

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    LOL this is complete nonsense imo.
    I look at the nameplates and what class it is, no way do I judge what player to attack by its transmog gear.
    not completely true. when i use CM set i get wrecked first. if i remove my mog i more often get to be free a bit longer and they grab my party member /others in bg/arena
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I've never really noticed whether my transmog has any impact on whether I'm targeted more. Anyone who PvPs semi-regularly probably uses BGTargets to assess kill priority before the match starts and that, along with quick detection of who the effective individuals in each random are, likely has a bigger impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post

Wearing a full set of icc heroic warr gear which is bright red and certain pvp titles, people will pretty much jump on me any chance they get! Most of the time they get blown away so its s'all good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerthrax View Post
    Wearing a full set of icc heroic warr gear which is bright red and certain pvp titles, people will pretty much jump on me any chance they get! Most of the time they get blown away so its s'all good
    Thats because you are a warrior. I always go for a kill on the warrior. Me and my mates does this in world pvp, battlegrounds and arenas.
    Pushing back as many fotm-rerollers as possible. I bet thats what you are experiencing most of the time

OT: Being killed/left alone depending on what transmog you use might be a thing in random battlegrounds or something like that.
    Pretty sure it has no merit at all in high end arenas etc.
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2013-10-24 at 06:51 PM.

I have noticed that my Shaman buddy gets targeted a lot more now that he has his x-mog (AQ Shaman set + matching mace and shield). The set is bright yellow and red though....

I personally use different x-mogs for PvE and PvP. I like the PvE to be creative and fun, and PvP to be subtle and more assassin looking.

Deleted
    when i used to run with my rogue buddy (me as a WW) we'd purposely transmog to a similar look (as the same race). we only ever played low rating, so only against other bad people, but once or twice it confused them

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Thats because you are a warrior. I always go for a kill on the warrior. Me and my mates does this in world pvp, battlegrounds and arenas.
    Pushing back as many fotm-rerollers as possible. I bet thats what you are experiencing most of the time
    I can't believe there is someone else who always prefers to kill FOTM classes first! I always go after this season's FOTM for the same reason - I want to punish them into going back to non-retarded classes! :P

Kudos!