Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    snip
    Thank you for the help

Time to spend way too much time simming stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    Cleave should beat equivalent ilevel CD trinket as soon as you get 2 targets.
    2 targets up for how much of the fight? I'll be replacing 543 primo rage w/ HCleave if it's even a short amount of time. (E.G Sha of pride adds are only up for a short time, etc.)

2 targets for 100% of the time, which *should* be the same as 3 targets up for 50% of the time, or N + 1 targets up for (100/N)% of the time.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Deleted
    Should i always save 20 RP? or is there like a special condition to acctually keep hitting FS since i get blood charges from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambojantan View Post
    Should i always save 20 RP? or is there like a special condition to acctually keep hitting FS since i get blood charges from it?
    Always bank 20-39 runic, unless KM procs.

I use Thok's for Blood occasionally, it works and it increases my stats. Not sure if the Stre procc is the same chance, but it doesn't say it isn't so.

All of the trinkets should work for blood, other than the CD reduction trinket.
    Legendary meta gem should give more DPS for blood than the STR meta.

I play 2H frost http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m%C3%A1/simple (wanted to go DW but the loot gods gave me HW Greatsword). All the guides suggest i go Crit>Mastery>haste as a stat priority when using Plague Leach. However I found my best Sim to be with a reforge that prioritized Crit>Haste~10750>Mastery>Haste more then 10750. I am curious if this is because you get more out of your 2 set when haste is the higher stat(haste causing more KMs thus causing more Death shroud procs). Or simply because of my 580 getting more white hits from the extra haste.

The guides often fail to explain that a lot of their stat priorities only apply to specific gear levels, and that the presence or lack of a good weapon, tier bonuses, and trinkets can change them.

If haste sims better than mastery for you then go with that. Just make sure that you're simming with an appropriate amount of ams soaking, and that you aren't underestimating your movement time when appropriate.

I've found that, for 2H frost, it all depends on your T1 talent. I'd wager you're using unholy blight, right? Try swapping over to PL for a significant DPS increase, and to see what it does to haste's value.

Actually I am using PL for the extra runes not unholy blight. I was curious to see what other high end 2H frost dks are doing with there reforges and it just so happens that the #1 simdps DK in the West on wowprogress uses my same stat priority Crit>Haste~10750>Mastery>Haste more then 10750 and is a 2H Frost(also he is using Unholy Blight??now im confused). http://www.wowprogress.com/simdps/class.deathknight .
    Last edited by ultimaa; 2013-10-24 at 10:07 PM.

Where do the simdps numbers even come from?

I wouldn't put too much trust in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Where do the simdps numbers even come from?

I wouldn't put too much trust in them.
    from the webpage:
    DPS Rankings (Beta) based on SimulationCraft project. See details.
    details

Could be worse then.

Hrm.
    Without doing a full stat analysis I can't see the full picture, but I did glean a bit of new information. For one, haste sucks for you right now. It's worth less than mastery, but not by much. In the NEXT 1000 haste, there is a breakpoint that seems to be worth a full 2k dps, when your 2-set swaps from mastery to haste. This seems to be very, very good. Also tried a few very low haste high crit scenarios, and swapping over the majority of your haste to mastery. Highest config I came up with was haste to 3001 or more higher than mastery, and then as much crit as possible. Haste isn't crap when you have 2k haste, even with PL, it seems to be the best stat at higher ilevels, but drops very VERY quickly to become the weakest stat, jumps up again at the breakpoint, and goes back to being crap. Because the mastery raid buff effects rating, and the haste buff does not effect rating, you need your haste to be 3001 or higher to force the 2-set to proc haste instead of mastery, which despite my initial impressions seems to be a good thing.
    Haste drops off for most people at around 2-3k rating, but for you at 571 ilevel, it seems to get weak at about 6-7k.
    This is roughly what your haste value graph looks like.

Edit, with mastery, crit, and str, as usual, being straight lines parallel to the X axis. Man, screw haste.

The death shroud proc(whether haste or mastery) doesnt depend on raid buffs for which procs. its your baseline rating before buffs. so as long as you have 1 more point in your base line haste rating then mastery you will get haste proc. I have tested this in game maybe the sim has it different?
    Last edited by ultimaa; 2013-10-25 at 01:08 AM.

Yea, sim seems to be doing it wrong, I understood the proc wrong. I'll fix it tomorrow in simC

What exactly is the proper way to gem/reforge when getting into near bis gear with a 2 hander? I was under the impression Unholy and 2H Frost had very similar stat priority (crit/mast) but lately I have been seeing 2h frost players gem straight strength and reforging heavily into haste.

Also do you think Unholy needs a buff? Comparing Unholy to DW via WoL it seems pretty clear DW is ahead by large margin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    What exactly is the proper way to gem/reforge when getting into near bis gear with a 2 hander? I was under the impression Unholy and 2H Frost had very similar stat priority (crit/mast) but lately I have been seeing 2h frost players gem straight strength and reforging heavily into haste.
    Sim your own char, get your own stat weights, use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    Also do you think Unholy needs a buff? Comparing Unholy to DW via WoL it seems pretty clear DW is ahead by large margin
    There are loads of fights where DW does unnecessary cleave damage and therefore skews log comparisons. DW and UH are rather close atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    There are loads of fights where DW does unnecessary cleave damage and therefore skews log comparisons. DW and UH are rather close atm.
    Also, most players play the top spec leading to unholy not having as high skilled/geared players parsing as frost does. This obviously leads to a larger dps difference shown on top logs than it actually is. You'd need to compare people with similiar gear and skill levels.