The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I have got to quit being a 'nice guy' in Sanctum Sprint. I don't really care about anything but coming in the top 3 just for the achievement, so I'm not worried about coming in first or being neck-in-neck with 1-2 other people. However, I certainly seem to be in the minority in that regard. I'll purposely hold back using powerups so as not to be a jerk, meanwhile they're trying to screw me over at every possible turn (even though there's really nothing to be gained from it). There's basically a 100% chance of that as I honestly can't recall a single time I've been 'nice' that wasn't repaid with multiple F-you powerups.
    I'm guessing you don't have a lot of Mario Kart experience? You always use your red and blue turtles. Winning is everything! But yeah...you can't be nice in there, though when you get far enough ahead and can mind your own business it's a lot more relaxing.
    BAD WOLF

a new WvW map, with various themes and a lot of overflows... AWESOME!!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/previews/world-versus-world-edge-mists

- - - Updated - - -

preview:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1366746-New-WvW-map-in-GW2?p=22937529#post22937529

Here's the info about TTS, the Tequatl Terror Squad guild and how to join. I joined them about 2 weeks ago and have killed Teq about 15-20 times since then.

They currently have 7 full TTS guilds numbering 3500 members. Usually after server reset they can have up to 5 full overflows doing Teq and that will continue pretty much throughout the night. Nice group to join if you wan to do Teq and any of the future huge world bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm guessing you don't have a lot of Mario Kart experience? You always use your red and blue turtles. Winning is everything! But yeah...you can't be nice in there, though when you get far enough ahead and can mind your own business it's a lot more relaxing.
    I actually have tons of Mario Kart experience as well as various other racing games. The difference* is winning in those matters and it doesn't in SS.

It also doesn't help that 1st (and 2nd?) place only ever get Fake Power-ups and Grounded. IMO, FPU is the most powerful one in the game and 1st place gets handed it like candy. Anyone who bothers to strategically place those can easily punt someone from being 2nd to having no hopes of placing in the top 3.

* I think Mario Kart's system of power-ups is more balanced than SS.

It's not always an issue. It's just that I've noticed when it's me and one other person in the lead they use every cheap trick they can when it's really unnecessary. I mean, if I haven't used anything against you for the first half of the race when I could have odds are I don't care if you place first.

I have got to quit being a 'nice guy' in Sanctum Sprint. I don't really care about anything but coming in the top 3 just for the achievement, so I'm not worried about coming in first or being neck-in-neck with 1-2 other people. However, I certainly seem to be in the minority in that regard. I'll purposely hold back using powerups so as not to be a jerk, meanwhile they're trying to screw me over at every possible turn (even though there's really nothing to be gained from it). There's basically a 100% chance of that as I honestly can't recall a single time I've been 'nice' that wasn't repaid with multiple F-you powerups.
    I don't even care about finishing top 3, really, just run it a couple times for fun. I don't use other powerups except for aspectmaster/ light travel/ grounded, and I really hate the fake powerups since avoiding them is glitchy a lot of times.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    * I think Mario Kart's system of power-ups is more balanced than SS.
    Heh...when you can be first an entire race and get magically dropped any number of posts down to last without much warning, I wouldn't really call that balanced. It is unfortunate that starting late typically makes you fall victim to fake power ups, but I also noticed I was getting pelted with attacks from people who were nowhere near me when I was in first.

I won by a comfortable margin, but it was still annoying. I find most matches I come in first are because I'm with people who were like me the first times I did it and I had no idea how to use the lightning jump pads. Now that I have those down, the race is much easier. I was trying to use combos of sprint and super jump to make those...it was frustrating to say the least.

Glad I can still have noob moments in MMOs, otherwise it would be really boring all the time.
    BAD WOLF

It's also irritating to get in as #8, be told "this is a late start so non-scoring", while 6 minutes left and I finish second place anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Heh...when you can be first an entire race and get magically dropped any number of posts down to last without much warning, I wouldn't really call that balanced. It is unfortunate that starting late typically makes you fall victim to fake power ups, but I also noticed I was getting pelted with attacks from people who were nowhere near me when I was in first.
    Well, I wasn't necessarily talking about the blue shell. Actually, SS is almost the reverse of the blue shell by lavishing 1st place with Fake Power-ups. Those when strategically placed can easily knock someone back several spots. Most of the other abilities are limited by range and the infinite range ones are rare and easily avoided.

There really isn't much of anything to boost players that are behind unless you get lucky with Light Travels, which isn't the case with Mario Kart at all. Likewise, as mentioned, in Mario Kart you almost don't want to be in 1st place due to blue shells, but in SS first place is practically home free.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's also irritating to get in as #8, be told "this is a late start so non-scoring", while 6 minutes left and I finish second place anyway...
    Yeah, that happened to me earlier. I got ported to mid-race, was #6 with almost 5 minutes left, and told that. I just go around popping vases and using power-ups for the achievement (already have all the crystals) when that happens, but it is irritating, I agree.

As has been asked often before. I need a good active server for the US. I normally do world events and explore but like to pop into WvW from time to time. I have been playing on Aurora Glade in the EU but have moved to the US so it makes sense to move servers too.

Deleted
    Go Aurora Glade, woohoo! \o/

What's the deal with the Mac version of Guild Wars 2? It's been in Beta for over a year and there have been no major updates on a final release...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    As has been asked often before. I need a good active server for the US. I normally do world events and explore but like to pop into WvW from time to time. I have been playing on Aurora Glade in the EU but have moved to the US so it makes sense to move servers too.
    My two suggestions:

Tarnished Coast is always active and has a long running PVE scene. I play on Stormbluff Isle and we have a healthy population and community. (Including a community forum that's been there since launch.) TC is #4 in WvWvW, and SBI is in the 5-8 range. (We're getting lots of attention/fights because we stomped people pre-league and now they stacked up and want revenge. =P) Our WvWvW vibe is mostly militia-based, with a public TS for the server. We've been #1 and down to tier four. We don't normally have queues outside of reset weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    What's the deal with the Mac version of Guild Wars 2? It's been in Beta for over a year and there have been no major updates on a final release...?
    It will probably be Beta forever because it's an awful port, and because of that it has horrible performance issues and other bugs... and ANet probably doesn't want to deal with the (legal) complaints.

I mean it's so bad for me I can barely play on lowest settings, meanwhile the Windows version runs smoothly with medium-high settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    im in EU and play on a US server. why? because i can

- - - Updated - - -

last night and just now ive completed the daily 5/5 without getting a chest it says its complete but never get a shaking chest above my minimap so no laurel

ive sent a ticket but knowing how shit game support is i wont get a reply

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post

- - - Updated - - -

last night and just now ive completed the daily 5/5 without getting a chest it says its complete but never get a shaking chest above my minimap so no laurel

I did consider staying but the world can be a bit empty at 4am server time.

Are you sure that the new day has started in the US? I have found that I sometimes start playing and then realize that I am still on the previous days daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    My two suggestions:

Tarnished Coast is always active and has a long running PVE scene. I play on Stormbluff Isle and we have a healthy population and community. (Including a community forum that's been there since launch.) TC is #4 in WvWvW, and SBI is in the 5-8 range. (We're getting lots of attention/fights because we stomped people pre-league and now they stacked up and want revenge. =P) Our WvWvW vibe is mostly militia-based, with a public TS for the server. We've been #1 and down to tier four. We don't normally have queues outside of reset weekends.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Will join Stormbluff Isle and see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But your internet probably isnt crap like the ones we have here in the US thats why my US guild has Swedish players who joined to play with a single friend. Their internet allows them to play here flawlessly but their friend cant play in EU servers cause our internet is a joke in comparison to that of some European countries and Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    But your internet probably isnt crap like the ones we have here in the US thats why my US guild has Swedish players who joined to play with a single friend. Their internet allows them to play here flawlessly but their friend cant play in EU servers cause our internet is a joke in comparison to that of some European countries and Korea.
    I was playing on the EU servers and was staying in South Africa and I can tell you that the internet here is much better than SA. The latency to the EU is about the same, maybe 20% faster. The raw speed is much higher and it costs a lot less. So I am definitely not complaining

How do people see where to treb in WvW? O_o Even with max settings it still seems like you're basically shooting in the dark (so to speak).

How do people see where to treb in WvW? O_o Even with max settings it still seems like you're basically shooting in the dark (so to speak).
    They don't see, they either just know how far to load or they use spotters to guide them.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Yeah go for Tarnished Coast. Community wise, TC is one of the better servers. It has active LGBTI guilds and is also the unofficial RP server, so there's lots of people walking around in active roleplay (gives the world some soul, I think!). Also, because of the strong RP presence on the server, there is often at least some people participating in world events outside of the big dragon-timer ones, so there's lots to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.