Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should reputation become account wide?

Obviously Blizzard has jumped bounds into making reputation easier for alts... However is there really any point in forcing alts to redo dailies again that we already worked at? Dailies after all aren't really well liked and only serve to offer weeks of tedious content. For those without alts this isn't really an issue, but for those with alts it would mean we didn't have to dedicate 1 character to a rep... instead we could alternate between characters

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see reps for prior expansions made account-wide. If you did it with current expansions it would severely curtail the amount of playability you'd get out of alts. Generally certain crafting recipes are kept behind reps and opening them up that fast would affect the economy as well. But it's wasted content to go back and grind out Thrallmar rep. It would be much more enjoyable if I could pick up rep items as I levelled, having already achieved the reputation exalted status when it was current on my main.

I am all for making rep account wide.... why not?
    The whole point of achies being account should validate this one also.

Deleted
    I can understand the rep system in 2007... grinding was common, however MMORPGs are steering away from grinding = content.

Yes, without question.

They would have to change some things. For example they would have to make dailies account wide to keep people from doing all the dailies on all their alts and getting to exalted on day 2. I wouldn't mind it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    They would have to change some things. For example they would have to make dailies account wide to keep people from doing all the dailies on all their alts and getting to exalted on day 2. I wouldn't mind it though.
    Would that be a huge issue though? If somebody wants to do the same dailies 8x a day and reap the rewards faster then I say hats off to 'em

I fail to see why they should bring in caps on dailies?
    I some players wants to grind rep doing dailies 48 hours straight, isn't that his/her business?

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    I'd like to see reps for prior expansions made account-wide. If you did it with current expansions it would severely curtail the amount of playability you'd get out of alts. Generally certain crafting recipes are kept behind reps and opening them up that fast would affect the economy as well. But it's wasted content to go back and grind out Thrallmar rep. It would be much more enjoyable if I could pick up rep items as I levelled, having already achieved the reputation exalted status when it was current on my main.
    This is how I'd implement it, yeah. No point in watering down current content, but previous expansion content I'd say would be fine to merge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Would that be a huge issue though? If somebody wants to do the same dailies 8x a day and reap the rewards faster then I say hats off to 'em
    Yes, it would be a problem unless you remove any kind of performance improving reward from faction grinds.

I think it should.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Yes account wide would be nice

Deleted
    I have no objections to that.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God, yes, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    they could make it like guild rep in 4.0 so that there is a daily cap no matter what alt, or how many, you play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Yes, it would be a problem unless you remove any kind of performance improving reward from faction grinds.
    But WoW is always about time/effort = reward

15+ Year Old Account
    But WoW is always about time/effort = reward
    And yet some things have caps anyway, such as only being able to get a certain amount of rep per day for most factions, being able to get no more than 1000 valor a week, only being able to use 50 lesser charms a week and so on. These caps are there so there's a limit to what people might feel forced to do in the name of progressing their character.

Yes. My Conqueror title being restricted to the one character is absurd.

How about something along the lines of the highest rep on a character is shared with all others.

That way daily quests shouldn't be exploitable and you would still get essentially account wide rep.

Yes.

I earned it, not my "toon." Having to do grinds multiple times when changing mains or classes is terrible. Even if it's not gear, it effectively punishes people for changes toons between expansions for things like titles and reputation achievements. I've got more than 50 factions at exalted, yet no title, since my guild asked me to change classes between TBC/Wotlk and Cata/MoP.