And this game is now officially in the lame 'no Cyrillic support in chat' club. In 2014 (two thousand fourteen). With WGL coverage fonts available since 1995 and Freetype and others TrueType renderers. There can be no justification for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    And this game is now officially in the lame 'no Cyrillic support in chat' club. In 2014 (two thousand fourteen). With WGL coverage fonts available since 1995 and Freetype and others TrueType renderers. There can be no justification for this.
    Like WoW?
    Only ones I know that has it for non modded (note this please) client is FFXIV for any client languages. Not sure about EQ2, didn't look it up that much. There probably are more, but... most of the 'major' mmos that people consider (WoW, SWTOR, Rift and so on) don't have it.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-10-24 at 08:37 PM.

WoW allows Cyrillics in chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW allows Cyrillics in chat.
    Only ones I know that has it for non modded (note this please) client is FFXIV for any client languages.
    As I said, please note this.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    As I said, please note this.
    Non-modded Italian WoW client:

Or did you mean something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    The fact that they seem so afraid of people actually seeing the game seems to speak volumes about how they feel the progress is going.

it smells of AoC and SWTOR all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    it smells of AoC and SWTOR all over again
    You seem to be implying that AoC and swtor had a similar launch and development trajectory.

That's insane.

AoC wasn't even finished at launch. They only had questing to level 40ish... of 70 levels.

Swtor's servers worked. AoCs did not.

Swtor managed to get game breaking bugs out of their game in beta (with the exception of the nivdia card problem, and that may have been nividias doing). AoC took 6 months to stabilize.

I am not bashing AoC. I love my bearshaman and HoX and I love the AoC universe and I loved the personal story. I loved AoC.
    But it is in a league of it's own when it comes to first year MMO problems.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

There is one thing I've learned over the course of every single beta:

From SW:TOR, to EQ2, to every WoW expansion - and that's this:

Until they allow you to play 100% of END GAME content, you do NOT know how good the game will be - and they NEVER let you do that in Beta.

Leveling is all good and fine, but endgame is really the make-or-break point of any MMO/Expansion. Will it keep you playing? Will there be enough content to enjoy? Will it be engaging enough to keep playing? What are the rewards? What's the time-sink balance? ect.

None of those things ever come into play in Betas. SW:ToR and WoW: Cataclysm are an EXCELLENT example of this. People in those betas were just wowed by the new shiny experience in Beta, then their characters reset or hit the predetermined unfinished level cap and they say "Boy, if the game is this good up to this point - imagine how END GAME and the rest is going to be!!!"

So... I'm reserving all judgement until the game ACTUALLY is done and out at this point. I'm even avoiding the forums talking about it at this point (only dropped into this thread right now because I was bored and said "Meh, it's been a while.")

Also note the beta happening in weekends: that allows to conceive the fact that there is no quality solo content.

Also note the beta happening in weekends: that allows to conceive the fact that there is no quality solo content.
    how in the world to you come up with that correlation?

To catch the bugs you need continuous testing.
    To hide the lack of content behind thongs of people running around you let them in only for 2 days in 2 weeks.

I was excited to hear about ESO at first. I loved playing Skyrim after all.

But then I was watching some reviews on it and it sounds like there won't be that many items in the world. I like that in Skyrim there are "things" everywhere. Armor, weapons, food, baskets and other miscellaneous stuff just lying around in the world; free to pick up. I thought it added to the immersion so much.

Then I learned that there won't be player housing!

And after playing a lot of GW2, I despise fast travel in MMO's.

As of right now, I'm not planning on playing ESO. It just won't have the features that I prefer to have in MMO's and it will lack some of the features in Skyrim that made Skyrim so good and immersive.

10+ Year Old Account
    To catch the bugs you need continuous testing.
    To hide the lack of content behind thongs of people running around you let them in only for 2 days in 2 weeks.
    How do you know that they are only doing weekend tests? I know you are just a terrible troll, but I find all of your false accusations about the game to be pretty funny.

really hope its not PVP focused at end game... was looking forward to trying it but i have zero interest in pvp :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    really hope its not PVP focused at end game... was looking forward to trying it but i have zero interest in pvp :/
    There is a ton of PvE content to do in the game for endgame also.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Until they allow you to play 100% of END GAME content, you do NOT know how good the game will be - and they NEVER let you do that in Beta.

Leveling is all good and fine, but endgame is really the make-or-break point of any MMO/Expansion. Will it keep you playing? Will there be enough content to enjoy? Will it be engaging enough to keep playing? What are the rewards? What's the time-sink balance? ect.

None of those things ever come into play in Betas. SW:ToR and WoW: Cataclysm are an EXCELLENT example of this. People in those betas were just wowed by the new shiny experience in Beta, then their characters reset or hit the predetermined unfinished level cap and they say "Boy, if the game is this good up to this point - imagine how END GAME and the rest is going to be!!!"

So... I'm reserving all judgement until the game ACTUALLY is done and out at this point. I'm even avoiding the forums talking about it at this point (only dropped into this thread right now because I was bored and said "Meh, it's been a while.")
    You're wrong on multiple levels here regarding WoW.

Namely that both Cataclysm AND MoP beta allowed you to do raid content.

And that the first raid tier of Cataclysm is widely considered to be by far the best expansion start raid tier the game has ever seen.

WoW betas are literally just bigger PTRs and so they allow you to do everything in them that you would in a PTR. Namely they'll activate certain bosses (including heroic modes) for testing purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    How do you know that they are only doing weekend tests?
    They are sending out passes valid only for specific events which happen on weekends.

Deleted
    I've been in a lot of betas (SWTOR, Tera, Final Fantasy 14ARR, among a few) and they all had beta weekends to start with. They are not weekends to hide content or to play it but stress test. This game isn't out until spring next year and I bet a lot that over that time the beta tests will become longer in duration and become more frequent just like other mmo betas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    How do you know that they are only doing weekend tests? I know you are just a terrible troll, but I find all of your false accusations about the game to be pretty funny.
    The last few invite waves they sent out were actually labeled as "stress tests" and were short-timed events over the weekend ... the "real" closed beta is still running alongside those stress tests.

It would be - obviously - extremely stupid to do all the game testing in 4 or 5 weekend events with tens of thousands of random people who most likely signed up via the "new" application form.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

dude, what?
    I'm pretty certain I remenber raiding on Cata beta with my guild.