Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Normal mode days numbered? LMFAO quit kidding yourself. that is a joke and you know it. Sorry but your desire is not even close to fact. Nice try.
    You don't know what my desires are because you know squat about me. I'm a flex and normal raider, I do LFR with friends on some days. Do I want normal to go away? Nope, but Flex is more likely to become the new normal mode than it is going to replace LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I think its the logical next step for Blizzard. Hard Mode is too far out of reach for most of the player base, Normal mode doesnt seem worth it over LFR due to both gear quality and sense of accomplishment, and iLVL inflation with this many tiers has been an issue, so split the difference, and have a kinda hard mode and LFR.
    This, however, defeats one of the main reasons for which Flex was created in the first place: To have a Wrath 10-man style difficulty available for casual players and guilds. They've said this repeatedly and I take them at their word. Could flexible size raids come to normal? Yes. Will normal just go away and Flex be made more difficult? They've given absolutely no indication of this and the idea runs counter to everything they've said so far.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Normal mode days numbered? LMFAO quit kidding yourself. that is a joke and you know it. Sorry but your desire is not even close to fact. Nice try.
    I don't think he wants it to happen, but it's a lot more likely than LFR ever getting the axe. (Still UNLIKELY though.) According to Blizzard just a couple weeks ago Flex is already roughly as popular as normal mode raiding. Just make normal raiding into flex raiding. Have LFR, and Flex, and Heroic. Or just LFR, Normal, and Heroic, and make the latter two Flexible.

Realistically they could just make Flex the replacement for normal raiding, it would be tuned a little easier than normal for the sake of accessibility, but since Normal is already cleared very quickly it shouldn't make much difference?

Deleted
    It would need 2 more rules

-Can't use paid server transfer to move your character to these servers. This way players with big wallets couldn't just deck themselves out on normal servers, then change server.

-Selecting PvP would mean no flying mounts in zones where they aren't needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    There is a big divide in player philosophy, no use denying it. Many many posts here and on other MMO sites have posts discussing how bad or good LFR is. It is a prickly subject to many but many want to talk about it. it is a hot topic so to speak.

We need a new server option for players and it would bring back my business and I suspect many others. This option would be like the current options, you can join a PVP server, a PVE server and a role playing server. Why not a new option?

This option would change two things only which would enhance the game for many. Let's call this new server choice "enhanced".

On this enhanced server, this is what would change:

1) No LFR, that is gone. Flex could remain and would garner same gear levels as the old LFR.

2) Re-tune 5 man heroic dungeons to be harder as in Cata opening day difficulty.

Two changes. Open a server with this option, This gives the consumer who has been clamoring for this that option. There is already an option for servers. Just add that one server. I suspect people will flock to it and Blizzard would need more than one server dedicated for it.

I would definitely re-subscribe in a heart beat. This would be a great option for people. This would not separate the community, it is an option many would love to have.

I do not see a reason to oppose it, it is a a win-win scenario. If you want LFR, that would be great, have it. If you definitely want it gone, great, that server option would be for me and you. It totally takes away the sandpaper from both groups.
    Oh, the stupidity in this post, you could slice it with a knife. So much elitism, blanketed beneath a pathetically obvious 'we can have it both ways' farce of a front that is just eleven kinds of pathetic.

Wouldn't separate the community? There's no such thing in the eyes of people like you. In the eyes of guys like you there is 'your' kind of player, the kind that actually wants the nonsense that you're suggesting here, and then there's everyone else. Wouldn't separate the community... ha. What a joke. Separatism is EXACTLY what you're seeking.

Don't like LFR? Don't queue for it. Want challenging 5mans? Run challenge modes. Don't like all the casuals and 'bads' that taint your game with their filthy LFR and lowly dungeon difficulties? Continue to remain unsubbed and continue to spare the 'community' you're so eager to be removed from this kind of ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    How silly is it to demand heroic 5-mans to be challenging at ilvl 560+ when they're tuned for people in ilvl 435?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think he wants it to happen, but it's a lot more likely than LFR ever getting the axe. (Still UNLIKELY though.) According to Blizzard just a couple weeks ago Flex is already roughly as popular as normal mode raiding. Just make normal raiding into flex raiding. Have LFR, and Flex, and Heroic. Or just LFR, Normal, and Heroic, and make the latter two Flexible.

Realistically they could just make Flex the replacement for normal raiding, it would be tuned a little easier than normal for the sake of accessibility, but since Normal is already cleared very quickly it shouldn't make much difference?
    I do think there are too many "modes" in the game now and I do feel that this "flex mode" is and was implemented as a testing ground for the future. I really do believe flex and normal will most certainly change in the future. I'd like a normal mode, but have the option to switch it to flex throughout the raid. The gear would still be drops when switching to flex as well. Or something a long those lines, anyways. JMO.

This idea is pretty old.

It is pretty obvious that hardcore players would prefer a healthy environment to play, without noobs, pugs,casuals and lfr-lovers.

Sadly, blizzard would never implement anything like that because
    a) most players are lazy lfr-lovers who want to get everything without doing anything and blizzard is money-making casual-oriented company now.
    b) blizzard is lazy and it requires some development cost. New content for hardcore players? Are you mad? New content for casuals would be 10 times more profitable!

So no matter how good your idea is, if it is not casual-oriented it would never be implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    It is pretty obvious that hardcore players would prefer a healthy environment to play, without noobs, pugs,casuals and lfr-lovers.
    This would be known as a guild. As far as I know hardcore realms that are limited to superior players only have never existed much of anywhere.

What's your best idea on how to keep the unworthy out of your new country-club realm assuming it existed?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-25 at 10:52 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You don't know what my desires are because you know squat about me. I'm a flex and normal raider, I do LFR with friends on some days. Do I want normal to go away? Nope, but Flex is more likely to become the new normal mode than it is going to replace LFR.
    Flex will not become normal mode. Guilds spend time and effort for weeks (sometimes months) to clear normal modes together,and they plan to move to heroic progression together as well, if it was flexible then lots of people will get the boot once the guild gets to heroic progression. Next thing you'll know people will be begging for heroics to be flexible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    New server's Cost money and to be completely honest you're speaking about the minority,and why do you think people want 5 mans to be hard,they just don't they are leveling up and gearing content that is all LFR is honestly here to stay but i do see them phasing out Normal's cause more ppl just run flex now.

Just answer the question? Why remove LFR? and why make 5 mans Harder?

Both are designed to give content to all sort's of players if anything make them both easier so we can see the content without having to deal with angry players or bad players.
    1. Takes longer to gear up

2. Cant skip older tiers.

3. Makes older content worth playing

4. Doesn't skip older content

5. Enhanced means dont have to cater to the lowest idiotic denominator and the people who have no time (The game original benefited the opposite, as Enhanced would)

kthnx, logics

If you leave the game, take a break from the game or just cant beat the content - Not to worry, you can skip it all and than down Garrosh after looting some chests on /way and have nothing left to progress for - and you outgear the old stuff so bad / noone does it that's out of the question for a real experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This would be known as a guild. As far as I know hardcore realms that are limited to superior players only have never existed much of anywhere.
    Guild is a totally different thing. Guild is your family, realm is your city. Some cities are dirty, ugly and have rude and ignorant inhabitants, some cities are clean, beautiful and full of nice, friendly people.
    Hardcore realms existed. For example in Ultima Online Felucca was free-pvp zone with +15% resources drop.
    Diablo3 got totally independent "hardcore" difficulty with different community which feels nicer and more friendly to me.

What's your best idea on how to keep the unworthy out of your new country-club realm assuming it existed?
    It was already said by OP. Remove LFR/flex, increase difficulty in dungeons/raids/world. Without lfr noobs will either shape up and become proper players or will stop playing/transfer to noob realms.

You forget, there is a pvp and pve option already on server option lists. That makes no sense.
    It makes perfect sense. If I were to ever start again on a PvE server I shouldn't have to be afflicted with having the option of joining random battlegrounds, or arena teams. I hate it when people try to inflict choices on me.

There is a big divide in player philosophy, no use denying it. Many many posts here and on other MMO sites have posts discussing how bad or good LFR is. It is a prickly subject to many but many want to talk about it. it is a hot topic so to speak.

We need a new server option for players and it would bring back my business and I suspect many others. This option would be like the current options, you can join a PVP server, a PVE server and a role playing server. Why not a new option?

This option would change two things only which would enhance the game for many. Let's call this new server choice "enhanced".

On this enhanced server, this is what would change:

1) No LFR, that is gone. Flex could remain and would garner same gear levels as the old LFR.

2) Re-tune 5 man heroic dungeons to be harder as in Cata opening day difficulty.

Two changes. Open a server with this option, This gives the consumer who has been clamoring for this that option. There is already an option for servers. Just add that one server. I suspect people will flock to it and Blizzard would need more than one server dedicated for it.

I would definitely re-subscribe in a heart beat. This would be a great option for people. This would not separate the community, it is an option many would love to have.

I do not see a reason to oppose it, it is a a win-win scenario. If you want LFR, that would be great, have it. If you definitely want it gone, great, that server option would be for me and you. It totally takes away the sandpaper from both groups.

This is a great idea. I just want to have a gaming experience clean of LFR trash and casuals. This would be a great server to play in for me.

I support having "faceroll" and "hard" server difficulties.