Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why is everyone responding "there will be no raid patch" as if that's an answer when the OP clearly included 5.1 and 5.3 in his timeline?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There will be no 5.5, there will only be a couple of 5.4.x mini-patches.
    5.5 is just as likely as 5.4.X at this point.
    5.4.1 is not a continuation of the story. They may decide that the stage between Siege and X5 might require a full story patch - in that case, they'd call it 5.5. If they decide it's not a full story patch yet, then it'll be 5.4.2 (or whatever).

It hasn't been confirmed or denied either way yet, except that (as of the last interview) they weren't sure whether it would be called 5.5 or not.

Deleted
    Pretty sure there'll be a patch 5.5 in December or January, probably with some preview of it at Blizzcon. I expect it will be a story patch along the lines of patches 5.1 and 3. I think it'll mostly focus on Garrosh' trial and an introduction to the new expansion threat.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Not going to happen...

Blizzard have stated several times, v5.4 will be the last content patch in MoP..
    Even if we get a v5.5 patch, it will be similar to v5.1 and v5.3, i.e. non-content patch...

Also, v5.4.1 will most likely be released in 2 weeks, so, how does that affect "your" timeline?
    They did not say that. The only thing they said was that 5.4 will be the last Major content patch (meaning raid) of MoP. It is very likely that there will be a patch 5.5 that starts focusing on next expansions lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    They did not say that. The only thing they said was that 5.4 will be the last Major content patch (meaning raid) of MoP. It is very likely that there will be a patch 5.5 that starts focusing on next expansions lore.
    The person you're quoting also is confusing a content patch with a raid patch. There's a difference.
    5.1 and 5.3 are still content patches - they continued the story and added new functions to the game. 5.1, Landfall, added those wonderful quest lines we went through and dailied through in Krasarang (nb: sarcasm doesn't go well to text). 5.3 added Battlefield Barrens and stepped the story forward. 5.2 and 5.4 were both content and raid patches.

We still have story to finish up in Mists and an introduction to the next expansion to roll out - pretty sure those'll hit in one content patch. The Trial of Garrosh? I don't think they'll handwave it away into a book (oh god, I hope not).

Deleted
    Well, they should clear Orgrimmar before Xmas event :P
    can you imagine Feast of Winter Veil in SoO DDD?

so it might be some low content patch that will clear Orgrimmar from SoO stuff, make Vol'jin a warchief, redo some quests(where Garrosh took part), maybe add 2 or 3 questchains(something on timeless isle or trial of garrosh, or rebuilding alliance/horde forces) for maxlvl players but not much :P

There will be a patch before the next expansion. It is unknown when there will be a patch before the next expansion. It is unknown what the patch before the next expansion will be numbered. The patch before the next expansion has a ruptured lung. The patch before the next expansion has a scar on his face. The patch before the next expansion has admired a thorned leather sword recently. The patch before the next expansion has admired a smooth silken mace recently.

Not going to happen...

Blizzard have stated several times, v5.4 will be the last content patch in MoP..
    Even if we get a v5.5 patch, it will be similar to v5.1 and v5.3, i.e. non-content patch...

Also, v5.4.1 will most likely be released in 2 weeks, so, how does that affect "your" timeline?
    Do you not consider the update to Krasarang in 5.1 to be content? Plus, where is your source of them saying no 5.5? They've never said there won't be a 5.5, they said they're not sure, which is quite a bit different than an actual no. So, not sure what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Why is everyone responding "there will be no raid patch" as if that's an answer when the OP clearly included 5.1 and 5.3 in his timeline?
    Because most people don't read OP.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Well, they should clear Orgrimmar before Xmas event :P
    can you imagine Feast of Winter Veil in SoO DDD?
    picturing a corrupt garrosh in a santa hat right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be surprised if they don't do an official 5.5 patch - seems likely with the way Blizzard is doing their content now.

I expect a quest-chain and maybe some new scenarios if we're lucky, but not a raid or dungeon.

There are achievements for another PvP season in the game already, with a name for another set of PvP gear ("Prideful Gladiator"). So, it's possible we'll have another PvP season released in a patch before 6.0, even if there isn't a corresponding raid tier.

I'm very mixed about this scenario, since it would mean this expansion will be going for quite a while.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Not going to happen...

Blizzard also continuously reiterated their talking points about why flying in Azeroth would never happen pretty much up until the moment details about Cata got leaked.

The fact is that Blizzard isn't some single-minded entity, nor are they bound absolutely to their design philosophies. Things change; people from the art department end up fielding interview questions that are better suited to the creative director, or the finishing department, etc.

If they are anticipating that their next expansion will take a little longer to go gold than the development cycle demands, given that they've gotten hell for releasing unfinished content in the past, I wouldn't put it past them to throw together a token raid tier in a hurry to keep players busy until the beta.

Deleted
    No expect next content september 2014...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    picturing a corrupt garrosh in a santa hat right now.

yelling "THERE WILL BE NO CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!!! HAHAHAHA!!!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There will be no 5.5, there will only be a couple of 5.4.x mini-patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    5.5 is just as likely as 5.4.X at this point.
    5.4.1 is not a continuation of the story. They may decide that the stage between Siege and X5 might require a full story patch - in that case, they'd call it 5.5. If they decide it's not a full story patch yet, then it'll be 5.4.2 (or whatever).

It hasn't been confirmed or denied either way yet, except that (as of the last interview) they weren't sure whether it would be called 5.5 or not.
    I think there will be a 5.5, because of their patch history for MoP.

5.0 - Tier
    5.1 - Gearing
    5.2 - Tier
    5.3 - Gearing
    5.4 - Tier
    5.5 - Gearing
    6.0 - Tier

Personally I think it'll serve to wrap up the major hanging thread from SoO (Sylvanas and Gilneas) and help bridge the gap in story between Pandaria (the continent, not the expansion) and whatever our new threat will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Do you not consider the update to Krasarang in 5.1 to be content? Plus, where is your source of them saying no 5.5? They've never said there won't be a 5.5, they said they're not sure, which is quite a bit different than an actual no. So, not sure what you're talking about.

Because most people don't read OP.
    His source is in fact legit, but his comprehension is wrong.

Blizz said SoO would be the final RAID of MoP, not that 5.4 was the final patch.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to happen...

Wrong. They said there may be a patch depending on how next expansion is coming along. This could even mean another raid teir if the next expansion is taking to long.
    Aye mate

Yeah there will probably be a 5.5. I think I saw something somewhere about that....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah there will probably be a 5.5. I think I saw something somewhere about that....
    Something to do with the sky... and a warrior ability? I dunno, I might have been dreaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    there will not be a new raid
    but there will be a 5.5. world event patch setting the stage for 6.1
    6.0*

But yes, that's the most logical scenario, by far. I expect them to have a pretty big "pre"-patch event to introduce what's coming for us in 6.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be on the PTR already if it was coming out in December.

There will be at least one more patch before the expansion launches, maybe even a few, but they probably won't be until next year.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |