I am a 25 man raider however I have done Heroic Immerseus on 10.

If your paladin can't manage his heals tell him to spec out of eternal flame. Its not like tank damage is going to be a problem on this fight.

Spec in to bladestorm for this fight. Bladestorm is your default ability to pick up adds with mocking banner used whenever its off cooldown. Make sure to use some active mitigation as well as a personal cooldown before you bladestorm as you will be taking a lot of damage.

Just after the adds spawn Immerseus will do sha bolt and drop those pools on the ground. This is your que for the raid to stack on you. You will have 10+ seconds of free time before he does sha bolt again. This will be plenty of time to pick up the majority of adds with blade storm. Look at your raid timers and make sure everyone spreads out before the next sha bolt or it will be a short lived fight. Stacking will also allow you to maximise usage of mass dispel which is really helpful as the debuff you get from damaging the boss is much more of an issue in 10 man.

Once everyone has spread pick up the last few adds with your normal abilities.

You might think the adds are your primary target here but they are not. It is more important to get those swelling corruption stacks off the boss. Once they are gone blow heroism/lust and use all dps cooldowns (have your dps save them for this point). The goal is to have a transition before he gets his second swelling corruption buff. Make sure to tank the adds next to the boss for max cleavage + aoe near the boss.

You will need to pick up the boss after the second Corrosive Blast. Your paladin tank won't survive a third.

The most difficult part of this fight is the start. As you survive each transition the fight becomes easier, towards the end its a joke. Don't be afraid to front load your raid cooldowns as you won't need them later in the fight.

Deleted
    About Juggernaut mines... If you get out of the mine before it explodes, it doesn't hit you. Just like mages can blink them, we can charge/leap out of them in the time that pass between you mount them and they explode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    About Juggernaut mines... If you get out of the mine before it explodes, it doesn't hit you. Just like mages can blink them, we can charge/leap out of them in the time that pass between you mount them and they explode.
    That's interesting tbh, I'll give that a whirl, atm I Charge/Leap after, not during.

So that's why you don't take damage from taking 2 mines at the same time.

Deleted
    Honestly, I just went for them and clicked as fast as I could but that would certainly explain it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    I'm so happy warrior tanks have gotten some love. I truly enjoy playing my warrior now.
    As soon as I saw the patch notes for 5.4, with the buffs to warriors, the small "balance" to paladins, and no original changes (damn you 15% damage nerf!) to monks... I immediately knew that Monk/Warrior would be the top two tanks this tier. I'm super happy playing my Warrior in our weekly flex runs.

Just wanted to say, after looking at some logs of the healers for warriors in this forum, that I feel like I'm playing a different game than the higher progressed posters play. Things that work for them just kill me as I can only dream of having the heals their raid has. Just wanted to say to them that I'm jelly and maybe show your heals some appreciation every now and then as some of us wish we were so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    Just wanted to say, after looking at some logs of the healers for warriors in this forum, that I feel like I'm playing a different game than the higher progressed posters play. Things that work for them just kill me as I can only dream of having the heals their raid has. Just wanted to say to them that I'm jelly and maybe show your heals some appreciation every now and then as some of us wish we were so lucky.
    My healers are lucky to have me and they must seek my permission before seeking praise from others.

Is it possible for prot warrior and prot paladin to duo tank 25H malkorok blood rage? Both have decent ilvl rook's trinket.

Deleted
    The problems is that one of the tanks will be with 15 stacks, so you will end up with the debuffed tank eating damage as if he were alone, and the other with him a 50%. So it ends up worse, since on top of healing one and a half, you can't stack CDs on a single one.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-10-24 at 09:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recently started playing my prot warrior again after I had stopped shortly after the Throne release. so I am sitting at roughly 505 gearscore.

I was thinking, let's do some proving grounds to see if I can still play him. I had some troubles at gold at the start, but at some wave I just failed at the very last wave... and since then I seem to die very early... sometimes even at the second wave, but mostly at some time the waves seem just to overrun me. so the question is - which talents do you guys use... currently I use double time, enraged reg, disrupting shout, shockwave, vigilance (which I know has zero use in PG), and avatar.

I try to line up avatar and recklessness in times where I want to burn stuff down (same CD, so I think that is pretty obvious), I try to use demo shout at at least every second wave, demo banner when I need more, mocking banner to keep stuff at me and shieldwall (not glyphed) for higher damage phases.

I spend my rage mostly on shield blocks, sometimes barriers (when I have only that pyroblast spamming dude left) and try to weave in HS/Cleave every time ultimatum procs.

I thought of maybe second wind being more useful than enraged reg, but then again, the goal should be not to drop so low that it actually works in the first place... so what might I be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    damage increase from corrosive blast is not linear. You won't survive a third one.
    Not true.

I have taken 4 before.

damage increase from corrosive blast is not linear. You won't survive a third one.
    It is linear - the percentage increase is just extremely high (like 300% on heroic I think)

The dot you gain from hitting him on the other hand is exponential (doubles every stack)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I thought of maybe second wind being more useful than enraged reg, but then again, the goal should be not to drop so low that it actually works in the first place... so what might I be doing wrong?
    A big help is to learn each wave and what it does, put up raid markers where they spawn. Stamina and kiting endlessly is king there.
    Personally i focused around waves 2, 6 and 9, the rest is just filler imo. Remember to spell reflect and intimidating shout.
    For talents, double time, ER, piercing howl, shockwave, bloodbath, you want bb and deepwounds ticking when you kite some packs.

Your damage compared to her damage is silly, focus on staying alive, she'll kill it eventually.

But honestly, after the exploiting in PG, it kinda lost all form of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It is linear - the percentage increase is just extremely high (like 300% on heroic I think)

The dot you gain from hitting him on the other hand is exponential (doubles every stack)

A third hit of corrosive blast is about 4.3 million, to survive a 4th hit you would need an effective health at least over 12 million. There is a discussion about it in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orrosive+blast.
    Last edited by dodonpachi; 2013-10-26 at 04:46 AM.

A third hit of corrosive blast is about 4.3 million, to survive a 4th hit you would need an effective health at least over 12 million. There is a discussion about it in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orrosive+blast.
    Nope... just nope...
    It's ~ 600k,2.4m,4.2m,6m
    Do I have to spell it out again: LINEAR increase - each stack is ~1.8m damage (=3x600k)

THis isnt true at all. I have survived a 4th blast with a sac monk bubble and barrier multiple times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    THis isnt true at all. I have survived a 4th blast with a sac monk bubble and barrier multiple times.
    Same to be honest =s

I just switched to 10 H last week and am finding that my avoidance build is spikier than 25 H. Could it be that having more healers throwing something on tanks in 25m covers spikes better than 10m? Or maybe it's just the new healers I have in 10m (a h pally and a r shaman) aren't used to healing spikier tanks. Any other tanks finding this difference in 10 vs 25?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    I just switched to 10 H last week and am finding that my avoidance build is spikier than 25 H. Could it be that having more healers throwing something on tanks in 25m covers spikes better than 10m? Or maybe it's just the new healers I have in 10m (a h pally and a r shaman) aren't used to healing spikier tanks. Any other tanks finding this difference in 10 vs 25?
    We aren't spikier, it's just that generally in 25 (as I understand it) there is atleast one dedicated tank healer. In 10 man we don't get this so the healers need to react quickly and tanks need to really take as little damage as possible in some fights to compensate.

I've not raided 25H though so this is just a 10H tank talking, but that's how I always understood it.