Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think its good they get lesser known actors.

think about it, if they got some super famous people you would go into the theater and instead of seeing medivh or turalyon you would see that dude from so and so. and looking at his picture on that site he looks alot different then when hes all viking'd up so he wont be ragnar lothbrok he will be turalyon or whoever he plays, unless blizzard wants him to be :P

same with doctor who, did anyone know who the hell matt smith was? or david tennant? they hadnt dont much. get lower profile actors (that are good) and its much easier to see them as that part.
    I agree. I kind of hope they put him, as a lesser known, in a role above Collin Ferrel. I like Collin and all as an actor but I don't want a huge name as a leading character.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF David Tennant was in Harry Potter and a successful drama before Doctor Who
    a very small part you might not even notice was him. like i said not much. this guys been in a successful drama too and lots of you guys have never heard of him
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    looks like a pretty boy.
    guessing its Anduin

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    looks like a pretty boy.
    guessing its Anduin
    i dont think the people at blizzard picked him to be a pretty boy

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I edited the first post with a trailer for Vikings for reference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think the people at blizzard picked him to be a pretty boy

Not to mention he's waaaay too old to play Anduin.

I think he can play arthas. He looks like arthas without the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    more like to young :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember very well, when they built the cast for LOTR..
    Christopher Lee as Saruman, I was able to see that.
    Ian McKellen as Gandalf, fine, that can work with such a character actor.
    Liv Tyler... Really?
    Hugo Weaving as Elrond... Really? Agent Smith becomes an iconic Elf?
    Bernard Hill... The guy that played the Cpt of the Titanic in the same Movie?
    Viggo Mortensen - Lucifer from The Prophecy as Aragorn?
    And the rest? Rather more or less unknown actors..
    All in all, some wham bam power name was completely missing, if we neglect Christopher Lee who clearly is a high profile name.

And how did it play out? Pretty good if you ask me..

That taught me, once again, to not judge a book by it's cover...
    Especially when we know neither. The book, and the cover.
    We have not yet any complete cast list. Don't know a lot about the story book, other than it will be the time before WoW..
    So forget Anduin, Arthas and the like.
    It's the time of Medhiv..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

He could make a good Arthas if he grew his hair out a bit longer. When I saw that face shot of him on the OP's link, Arthas was the first thing that came to mind.

I haven't been keeping up with what part of the story will be in the movie though. Arthas may not even be in it, for all I know.

Deleted
    can`t wait till the movie is out xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    He could make a good Arthas if he grew his hair out a bit longer. When I saw that face shot of him on the OP's link, Arthas was the first thing that came to mind.

I haven't been keeping up with what part of the story will be in the movie though. Arthas may not even be in it.
    i really doubt it will be anything from warcraft 3 onwards. would be way to much stuff to throw onto a casual audience and only hardcore wow fans would be into it.

they have to build to that kind of stuff if they want the casual film people to get into it

15+ Year Old Account
    WTB:
    Claudia Black as Sylvanas
    Christopher Judge (Teal'c) as Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    WTB:
    Claudia Black as Sylvanas
    Christopher Judge (Teal'c) as Thrall
    you dont want either of those characters in this film unless you want it to fail spectacularly.

you dont start out at the avengers. you gotta build those characters up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    like Hollywood has never cast 30somthings to play high school students

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post

I haven't been keeping up with what part of the story will be in the movie though. Arthas may not even be in it, for all I know.
    It was announced that the movie plays in the times before WoW. Medhiv and Khadgar have been mentioned to be key characters..
    We may hear more though, next month from the Movie Panel at Blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It was announced that the movie plays in the times before WoW. Medhiv and Khadgar have been mentioned to be key characters..
    We may hear more though, next month from the Movie Panel at Blizzcon.
    Has it really been mentioned? I've seen articles saying this, but they weren't from very credible websites.

Not that I would mind, though. I'd LOVE a 'The Last Guardian' movie adaption. IMO, it's the most well written book out of any of the Warcraft novels. Seeing it on screen would be absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Never even heard of him.

Got serious doubts about this film, think it's going to go horribly.
    He was actually good in the vikings series, its just that unless your into the discovery/history channels you probably never even got a chance to see it advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Has it really been mentioned? I've seen articles saying this, but they weren't from very credible websites.

Not that I would mind, though. I'd LOVE a 'The Last Guardian' movie adaption. IMO, it's the most well written book out of any of the Warcraft novels. Seeing it on screen would be absolutely amazing.
    I have to agree. Last Guardian was the first Warcraft book I read and was what got me started on all the others. Something that starts right before the Second War and goes out from there would be pretty awesome.

The story is far too huge to fit into one movie. I imagine it'd take a whole film series to properly make a movie that covers all of Warcraft. I'd also be okay with that, assuming they don't royally donkey it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

All we have right now are rumors.. Especially the plot itself.
    The timeline of when the story takes place was mentioned by Blizz officials before. The Plot however, nothing is confirmed, just leaks from movie insider sources.
    Whether they are true, that's to be seen.. But the closest we have so far is, how the story has a young Khadgar playing a key role. Medhiv's part was "leaked" too, as well (and that I cannot believe whatsoever) Lothar. For whose character to be played by Johnny Depp, if the negotiations work out, and he signs up for it.
    Not sure, but I doubt Depp to take on a 4th project for next year. Given that he said a couple month ago, how he in the not so far away future wants to quit acting.
    Depp's love and passion lies in Music more than Acting.