Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Blizz getting better at plugging leaks and probably threatened MMO champ/WoWhead etc with legal action on potential NDA leaks or threatened to not give them any info/prizes/beta+alpha access in future.

I'm 99% sure Boub and a few other fan site owners know exactly what the next expac is by now
    Im just sick and tired of companies waiting months after they decided what they are going to do and make an announcement at some huge event. If they really want people to get excited, they should announce it on their website and major blog sites as soon as they decide what they are going to make (I.E. Last night at the company meeting we decided we are going to make the next expansion based on Murlocs, stay tuned for more information. By delaying the announcement till some arbitrary event it pisses off a lot of their customers making them less likely to buy the item in question. Blizzard isnt the only one guilty of this either. Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Google, Samsung, and many others do it too. I just dont understand why they do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That looks like a Burning Legion expansion... God damn it. More green fire and zones that look identical to Shadowmoon Valley, hooray, oh and demons, have some more demons!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I like it this way, And once it's announcent the hype =P
    Can't wait for blizzcon!!!!!!!
    I hate hype. It pisses me off, and more often than not hyping something up for months/years just serves to disappoint people when it doesnt live up to the hype, and NOTHING lives up the hype. Hype doesnt drive sales, good products does

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    MMO-Champs use to be my go to place for leaks. I have seen nothing nothing at all. It seems they stopped really leaking anything since CATA. For MOP they were just as quiet until MoP hit beta.
    Negative.. MMO was the first (as usual) to report on the MoP trademark being filed, and there was tons of speculation then from the community, and denial from Blizzard staff. We have no reason to believe it won't be called The Dark Below. It wasn't a shock when MoP was announced at Blizzcon, and it won't be a shock when the next expansion is called The Dark Below.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    People STILL believe that was a leak?

/facepalm
    See you in two weeks, luv

Off-topic, but I don't understand why people think the Dark Below references the depths of the sea and a Naga expansion. That makes no sense to me considering that there's an actual place within the Warcraft universe called the Dark Below. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't a shock when MoP was announced at Blizzcon,

Hehehehehehehehehehhe man were you around? There was a lot of deniers.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    actually, polls show it is actually relatively even on like and hate. I absolutely loved the zone. Sure there were a few flaws, but the zone was amazing. You even got some of it in the dread wastes, which I liked.
    I loved Vashj'ir, but did not like Dread Wastes. Sure the blue effect to the zone was good for it, but a whole effing zone to the Mantid was overkill. Now I want the place to be flooded or even that south part could've been a great Dread Wastes, and then there even could of been two zones in one for the other side of the wall.

Oh well, a person can wish can he?
    For the Horde!

The Dark Below is the only leak so far.

Speculation is Azshara-themed with that.

I want a return of talent trees and hard dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I hate hype. It pisses me off, and more often than not hyping something up for months/years just serves to disappoint people when it doesnt live up to the hype, and NOTHING lives up the hype. Hype doesnt drive sales, good products does
    I think you're absolutely wrong about that. And apparently the guys at Apple, Blizzard, Microsoft and the other companies you listed agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Off-topic, but I don't understand why people think the Dark Below references the depths of the sea and a Naga expansion. That makes no sense to me considering that there's an actual place within the Warcraft universe called the Dark Below. :S
    Probs because of the title of a certain bigass octopus we met underwater who was accompanying a naga army.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    *image snipped*
    Yes, we know, you're very proud of your fake logo. It doesn't really have anything to do with this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Probs because of the title of a certain bigass octopus we met underwater who was accompanying a naga army.
    Huh...I didn't realize that. I could have sworn that Blizzard said that they were done Ozumat, but I have no source so maybe I'm wrong.

Still, it's a little weird to have two things called the dark below and have them both reference completely different areas, ecspecially because Ozumat's title is the only reference to the depths of the ocean as the dark below. Seems more of a coincidence than anything.

Edit: Here it is. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2151656030

"We've decided for now that the Vashj'ir quest line along with the Throne of the Tides dungeon does a pretty good job of finishing the Neptulon story."

He did say "for now," so I guess it may not be valid anymore.
    Last edited by lopk; 2013-10-26 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Negative.. MMO was the first (as usual) to report on the MoP trademark being filed, and there was tons of speculation then from the community, and denial from Blizzard staff. We have no reason to believe it won't be called The Dark Below. It wasn't a shock when MoP was announced at Blizzcon, and it won't be a shock when the next expansion is called The Dark Below.
    We do have a reason to disbelieve The Dark Below. Namely the fact that the trademark filing was removed from the database and has not resurface. Currently, nobody is in the process of registering The Dark Below. Nobody. Never in the history of World of Warcraft has Blizzard pulled any of their trademark filings back to try to 'cover it up'. Not once. They try to throw people off by making dismissive comments, certainly, but to actually remove a trademark filing? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im just sick and tired of companies waiting months after they decided what they are going to do and make an announcement at some huge event. If they really want people to get excited, they should announce it on their website and major blog sites as soon as they decide what they are going to make (I.E. Last night at the company meeting we decided we are going to make the next expansion based on Murlocs, stay tuned for more information. By delaying the announcement till some arbitrary event it pisses off a lot of their customers making them less likely to buy the item in question. Blizzard isnt the only one guilty of this either. Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Google, Samsung, and many others do it too. I just dont understand why they do it.
    Maybe since the biggest and most successful companies market their products in similar fashion, perhaps they're on to something?

You announce ideas for an expansion 2 years before it comes out, info is expected to be posted along the way, which will like change and be altered, and QQ happens, and it's pure nonsense for years. In addition, with the way our have-it-now generation is, 2-3 years of waiting (especially for something like a WoW expansion in 2014) after an announcement will lead to boredom.

Remember when Blizzard would announce products, and then people would wait 3-5 years only to have said products get cancelled, or delayed for even longer? Maybe they don't want to follow the curse of SC:Ghost, Diablo III (12 years of development), etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    Why. Why was it "fail"?. honestly it baffles my mind the amount of rage the zone gets when personally i take my hat off to Blizzard for trying something different. Visually it was really impressive, and the speed buff when swimming/walking around the zone helps alot.

I dont understand why players found it so hard to adjust to another axis of movement, so instead of forward back left right, we have up down to deal with now. Think of the movement as flying all the time and then its not so hard.
    For me. its because I play melee dps, and you could never tell how far away the monsters were to be able to attack them. And sometimes when you look close, youre actually past them. Combat was a pita for melee, but the visuals were nice

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    No. It was Corgis Unleashed.
    No. Corgis was just made to show "Hey, it's totally possible that someone else trademarked the Dark Below, look, we did Corgis unleashed har har". Until the EU trademark was shown to be in the advanced stages. And filed by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Yes, we know, you're very proud of your fake logo. It doesn't really have anything to do with this discussion.
    I can't wait for it to be announced at Blizzcon so I can be like .....