Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hehehehehehehehehehhe man were you around? There was a lot of deniers.
    I'm not really following what you mean. I was around.

As I said -- speculation from the community, and denial statements from Blizzard in interviews and forum posts. But was anyone generally SURPRISED when it was Mists of Pandaria, given the leaked information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post

As I said -- speculation from the community, and denial statements from Blizzard in interviews and forum posts. But was anyone generally SURPRISED when it was Mists of Pandaria, given the leaked information?

Me? No I knew, others? Yeah before the Blizzcon announcement people were in HUGE DENIAL. Like HUGE HUGE grief stage denial. It was so bad, when people were wrong oh man. I thought it was so pathetic. Some of the excuses was "It's probably a card game." "It's probably a game for a tablet."

The excuses people made. I'm not saying the Dark Below will be it but there was A LOT of MoP deniers back then.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I can't wait for it to be announced at Blizzcon so I can be like .....

-snipped video-
    and what happens when you are wrong?

Me? No I knew, others? Yeah before the Blizzcon announcement people were in HUGE DENIAL. Like HUGE HUGE grief stage denial. It was so bad, when people were wrong oh man. I thought it was so pathetic.
    Ah, gotcha. Oh, I remember. The hatred.. the venom. Panda-land. Big gaming websites trashing it, Blizzard defending it. Everyone said they'd never play Panda-land, it's Kung-Fu Panda.. it's for little kids, etc. But yet, we're all here.. well, save the few million that unsubscribed.

Me? No I knew, others? Yeah before the Blizzcon announcement people were in HUGE DENIAL. Like HUGE HUGE grief stage denial. It was so bad, when people were wrong oh man. I thought it was so pathetic.
    I was totally in denial about MoP. Even when I saw the logo on the screen when Metzen announced it, I was like ok cool joke so what's really the expansion. Then I watched the announcement of the Pet Battle system and I was like ok this is a joke too right? I'm still waiting for a real expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    and what happens when you are wrong?
    I'll probably just do the "I'm out" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    No. Corgis was just made to show "Hey, it's totally possible that someone else trademarked the Dark Below, look, we did Corgis unleashed har har". Until the EU trademark was shown to be in the advanced stages. And filed by Blizzard.
    There is no reason to believe it was filed -by- Blizzard. It was only filed with Blizzard's information, which was all publicly available. It was a carbon copy of one of their previous trademarks. It did not get through all the mandatory checks successfully and was removed from the database entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be a South Seas expansion for The Dark Below, or it can be a Burning Legion expansion again for the Burning Rain of Destruction or some demon related title.

Would be nice if it was the South Seas expansion, but I just want my game to be enjoyable and some new epic zones, new quests to do, and so forth. Don't really care what they have next for it and as long I enjoy it I am a happy person.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    They won't do another underwater zone. Vashj'ir was a fail.
    nah, Vashj'ir was a test that showed that underwater zones need still a lot of work to be balanced and playable. If they will improve underwater mechanics im sure there will be more underwater zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    No. Corgis was just made to show "Hey, it's totally possible that someone else trademarked the Dark Below, look, we did Corgis unleashed har har". Until the EU trademark was shown to be in the advanced stages. And filed by Blizzard.
    Was it? Cute but deadly was considered a joke until like yesterday. Always in motion the future is.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Was it? Cute but deadly was considered a joke until like yesterday. Always in motion the future is.
    That's not true. Cute But Deadly was announced back at the San Diego Comic Con when they showed off the first figure, Sylvanas.

http://www.buffed.de/screenshots/667..._01-buffed.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, gotcha. Oh, I remember. The hatred.. the venom. Panda-land. Big gaming websites trashing it, Blizzard defending it. Everyone said they'd never play Panda-land, it's Kung-Fu Panda.. it's for little kids, etc. But yet, we're all here.. well, save the few million that unsubscribed.
    To me I think that was because well those that unsubbed because of *pandas* was because they are very insecure. Hate to say it but a lot of gamers today really make me facepalm. Not you of course.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I think Corgis Unleashed should be a achievement on where you get the pet, and Cute but deadly is another for beating the Golden Elite a mock up for the Elite Four.
    I want more Pokemon related stuff like Gyms becoming Battle Holds and certain types owning others and I think Pet Battles could have it's level raised to thirty so people can beat the Golden Elite and win some epic loot. Items to obtain or use on your pets and so on.
    For the Horde!

To me I think that was because well those that unsubbed because of *pandas* was because they are very insecure. Hate to say it but a lot of gamers today really make me facepalm. Not you of course.
    Indeed. Although, Blizzard has said that floods of people have always left the game, but they've always been able to pick up new gamers. Perhaps WoW is truly dying out and becoming a thing of the past. This is what, 8+ quarters in a row where subscriptions have fallen steadily?

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. Although, Blizzard has said that floods of people have always left the game, but they've always been able to pick up new gamers. Perhaps WoW is truly dying out and becoming a thing of the past. This is what, 8+ quarters in a row where subscriptions have fallen steadily?
    Old game is old and a bunch of other reasons. But that isn't the topic at hand.

Warrior-Magi

Old game is old and a bunch of other reasons. But that isn't the topic at hand.
    Yeah, I slid offtopic for a second.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Off-topic, but I don't understand why people think the Dark Below references the depths of the sea and a Naga expansion. That makes no sense to me considering that there's an actual place within the Warcraft universe called the Dark Below. :S
    The only known mention of the Dark Below in official Warcraft canon sources is in the title of the boss Ozumat <Fiend of the Dark Below>. RPG is not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    The only known mention of the Dark Below in official Warcraft canon sources is in the title of the boss Ozumat <Fiend of the Dark Below>. RPG is not canon.
    That makes sense; I didn't realize that the other information came from the RPG.

The expansion is not The Dark Below.

So the thread is quickly descending into the Dark Below yet again. In truth I would love for blizzard to release an expansion by any other name. I say this not because I don't like the concept but rather I know the forum base. If it's the Dark Below they'll be months of I told you so posts by the Dark Below crowd. If it's not the Dark below we all make fun of them for a few days and everything goes back to normal after that. Not Dark Below = less smug fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    I know you can't tell us what it is, but the certainty of your wording heavily implies you know what it is. Or, at the very least, you've had (a) source(s) confirm it's not TDB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4519250

One of the reasons they didn't release Abyssal Maw was because people were fatigued from Vashj'ir. I can't imagine an entire expansion.
    Does anyone really think it would be all underwater zones ? Even Vash'jir had non-swimming parts.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.