Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Regarding LK 25 HC

When you enter the 1st transition at 70%, make sure you can top yourself before it ends, cause LK will cast Infest around 7-10 sec after starting P2, meaning you will have to be above 90% HP, otherwise it'll just keep ticking until you die. Since it's no longer a DPS check for us, the easiest thing to do is just to chill outside of Remorseless Winter and dps a bit on the Raging Spirits. Personally I keep 1x Raging Spirit up and Distracting Shot it, followed by a Feign Death (to stay as a tank), some just does it with LK.

Btw, I was clearing up to Ultraxion in DS 10 the other day, hoping to get the mount from Ultraxion. Question is:

Has anyone figured out how to solo Ultraxion? I kept dying to his Arcane Dmg pulses, hits me for 190k. I was wondering if I had to swap to MM for Chimeara Shot heal. Any help would be super!

Deleted
    Is this even possible for hunters now? Or only till next expansion on 95 lvl?

Deleted
    Well i guess we will have to wait the next expansion. Even with full SoO gear i think its not possible. The best is to bring a healer friend just for this fight.

Thanks for the tips and motivating me to do this, was suprisingly easy, other than god damned Thorim.

Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    Thanks for the tips and motivating me to do this, was suprisingly easy, other than god damned Thorim.
    Yeah, Thorim is an arse... I had 20 wipes on him yesterday before I gave up and brought a mate.

The problem for me is the timing in the end where you need him down and into p2. I tried looking up a guide on youtube, but still couldn't make it work. I kept getting slain by his big lightning ball whenever i started attacking.

If anybody has any great advice for Thorim, please share =>

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Yeah, Thorim is an arse... I had 20 wipes on him yesterday before I gave up and brought a mate.

The problem for me is the timing in the end where you need him down and into p2. I tried looking up a guide on youtube, but still couldn't make it work. I kept getting slain by his big lightning ball whenever i started attacking.

do you try this in 1 turn or do you pull the big add and reset to pull the arena mob behind the closed gate with traps? if you get back into the arena to lay traps its piece of cake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post

I did it like this:

Enter Arena for the first time -> kill everything close to the lever;
    * *event starts

click lever -> gate opens;
    rush in to the big add -> auto shot big add;
    * fight begins to reset

because you're still in combat with the big add it won't despawn. Get your flank outside the tunnel to prevent dying to the ball lightning though! Place traps on the positions of the dwarf and Horde/Alliance mobs and get back into the tunnel DO NOT KILL BIG ADD YET
    * *mobs respawn

you'll pull them to you with the traps, kill all but one Horde/Alliance and also kill the big add now. This will cause the gate to open but because the Horde/Alliance isn't dead yet the boss won't start;
    Now get your flank to the boss, DO NOT PULL BOSS!
    kill Horde/Alliance when you're close to the boss, boss will start, and auto attack him when you are able to. K done, phase 2 will start!

I can't kill LK25HC or Conclave of Wind in Tot4W though, can't use Kill Command anywhere... stupid bosses...

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't tried any other lvl 85 raids other than Firelands yet, but I doubt a fight like Ultraxion is soloable atm, doesn't he despawn as soon as you use the twilight button? or will he attack pet? And he probably hits too damn hard too :P Will see if I can solo him tomorrow or something!

I doubt Ultraxion will be soloable for us this expansion, unless one of these extreme soloers pull of something we didn't think about.
    Might actually be possible to "kill him before he kills you" in bis gear, seeing the burst numbers we can put out this tier.

From what I know this boss is also hitting pets harder than players, I think this is because of the guilds using a turtle tank during early heroic progression to squeeze in an extra dps. This might be a heroic only mechanic tho, so don't quote me on it. Luckily I have a weekly save I can use on my DK alt every week.

Ah, Thorim makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for that.
    That's pretty much what I did, but I had no idea why I was doing it other than following a youtube video, and I had a lot of bugs along the way which made it more confusing. The gate would often close behind me and leave me to my inevitable doom via electroball, adds would despawn, the encounter wouldn't reset, pet would get stuck and keep adds outside gate.
    Other annoyances included rocket boost malfunctions, or getting knockbacked by the golem when popping the trap - preventing me from getting through the gate, and figuring out the distance and timing on aggroing the boss himself...

A thoroughly frustrating fight...

For H LK25, I was probably doing it stupidly...but one thing which helped in P1 was using a tenacity pet for thunderstomp and taking off my legendary cloak so the the adds and disease would stay the hell away from me. That killed me a couple of times, and the rest of the fight is a joke with current gear.

Good luck on shiny mounts!

Is Yogg+0 25m still SOLOABLE for hunter? I can't tell if it's possible due to insanity frustration >< I know there's a video of it but isn't that hard cuz of RNG insanity?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Is Yogg+0 25m still SOLOABLE for hunter? I can't tell if it's possible due to insanity frustration >< I know there's a video of it but isn't that hard cuz of RNG insanity?
    I was curious myself so I tried it yesterday, and if you got MD to your pet and you are lucky on SV procs / Stampede + BW + ANYTHING you have once you kill brain you can do it

I got a few attempts sub 5% and it took like 7 attempts in total to get him down. Yoggi 25HC 0 helpers that is

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Yes it is. Isn't that the entire point of this thread? o_O
    I did it a few days ago without much problems. Macro for pet killing constrictors, try prevent stun disease from casting, leave brain ~40% with dots and clear out tentacles before phase, deal with adds (not 100% on the mechanics of this, they can hit very hard at high hp, I just brute forced it / kited at the end).
    I never had any issue with insanity.

Deleted
    Yes it is. Isn't that the entire point of this thread? o_O
    I did it a few days ago without much problems. Macro for pet killing constrictors, try prevent stun disease from casting, leave brain ~40% with dots and clear out tentacles before phase, deal with adds (not 100% on the mechanics of this, they can hit very hard at high hp, I just brute forced it / kited at the end).
    I never had any issue with insanity.
    I think the thread evolved to can hunters solo bosses :P not just Yoggi

I think the change to the sanity loss beam spam is intentional because if you try it on 10 man it degrades sanity but on 25 man it doesn't. It reminds me of them making the raptor mount guy in ZG easily soloable.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Ishilien View Post

I can't kill LK25HC or Conclave of Wind in Tot4W though, can't use Kill Command anywhere... stupid bosses...
    if you are close enough to the heal debuff boss in Tot4W i get 1 BWed KC off until i get silenced by the windboss debuff, i started to try it with max range and my pet wasnt i range until the silence kicked in, maybe that'll help you, its fairly straight forward burn em all down strategy all the way
    toth was key for killing them without beeing able to kc, couldnt do it without.

For H LK25, I was probably doing it stupidly...but one thing which helped in P1 was using a tenacity pet for thunderstomp and taking off my legendary cloak so the the adds and disease would stay the hell away from me. That killed me a couple of times, and the rest of the fight is a joke with current gear.

Good luck on shiny mounts!
    maybe thats overkill on my part, but i just specced toth and took the md glyph so i could spam md/multishot all the time

Could you post LK 25 HC guide? I've 570 ilvl, so it's suppose to be easy as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Forious View Post
    Could you post LK 25 HC guide? I've 570 ilvl, so it's suppose to be easy as hell
    "When you enter the 1st transition at 70%, make sure you can top yourself before it ends, cause LK will cast Infest around 7-10 sec after starting P2, meaning you will have to be above 90% HP, otherwise it'll just keep ticking until you die. Since it's no longer a DPS check for us, the easiest thing to do is just to chill outside of Remorseless Winter and dps a bit on the Raging Spirits. Personally I keep 1x Raging Spirit up and Distracting Shot it, followed by a Feign Death (to stay as a tank), some just does it with LK."

- The "hard part" in LK25 HC is P1 (100% - 70%) due to Infest / Necrotic Plauge combo & Shadow Traps. Basicly you'll want to ooLoS Infest, by standing behind an ice pillar when he cast it. Furthermore just keep MD'ing Shambling Horrors & Ghouls to your pet, having a tank pet is unecessarry, I myself use Wolf in Ferocity Spec.

@Ishilien

I bug the encounter clean enough every time, it's when I reach Thorim and waiting for Sif to respawn. No matter how I time it, I cannot get him down without dying myself. I've tried standing just behind "his" platform whilst waiting to Arcane Shot him and use my Nitro Boost, but he still rapes me instantly when I attack him.

@Thirstblood

Yogg was soloable before 5.4 aswell, he is now just easier. Reason being the Sanity mechanic. Previously you got spammed down to around 20 Sanity by a boss ability, which you still do, but you get 100 Sanity again when you enter a portal into his illusions. This also means that when you reach last phase. You can stand still and always face boss and just do your rotation. Just kite Guardians around or MD them to your pet.

As Ishilien also noted, Alysrazor in Firelands is easily soloable by us aswell. All the trash up to Alysrazor can be skipped easily. One thing you have to watch out for, is that if you get too far away from Alysrazor while flying in the air, and she goes down to do her cleave attack, she might bug out and reset if you're too far away. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. Alysrazor can drop Flametalon of Alysrazor (Ground Mount).

10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to kill Yogg-saron 25 + 0 keepers on my second try. It happened today.
    I have 554 item level and here's my experience. (I am MM specced)

First phase:
    As usual, send pet to middle and put on passive, misdirect things to him.

Second phase:
    Corrupter tentacles have priority, given you're not picked up by constrictors. I was able to make it to the brain room with 80 sanity left, so i believe the loss has been dramatically reduced. A guy some posts above me suggested to bring brain to 40% and wait for dots to kill him. I tried to follow that tactic and it did NOT work. The reason why is because, while the brain gets to 30% due to dot ticks, tentacles keep appearing outside, and i was soon overwhelmed.
    Here's what i did:
    Once the illusion was broken, i went on to the brain. My pet wasn't there for some reason. I popped Rapid Fire ONLY and that was enough to push the brain to 26% (streak of crits at the end) before i got spewed out. Once i got out, i just had to take care of a corrupter tentacle, and i even left a big one up.

Third phase:
    Stampede, Drums of Rage, Vermin's Bite and misdirect enemies to your pet, while nuking the boss. Since Yogg-saron heals a bit during this phase, i had a hard time killing him in the end, after cooldowns ended. In the end, i managed it.

Keep in mind i didn't even use the Flask; i was using the Crystal of Insanity.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2013-10-29 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Since Yogg-saron heals a bit during this phase, i had a hard time killing him in the end, after cooldowns ended. In the end, i managed it.
    He only heals if the immortal guardians are close to him. I just sent my pet out about 20yrds every time just before this happens and then you should be good to go.
    #TeamHunter

Possible to solo Elegon right now?
    Last edited by Forious; 2013-10-29 at 06:43 PM.