Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

I am now thoroughly with them.

60 BG losses in a row has finally made me not care to get this cloak anymore.
    is your battlegroup that good and you that bad? although I found mines a bit frustrating it did not take me more than 10 attempts and I have no love for pvp.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post
    The odds of losing 60 battlegrounds in a row are something like 0.000000000004%. That's literally less likely than being hit by lightning the same day you win the lottery.
    You are assuming the odds of winning each BG are 50/50. So, your calculation implies his experience is good evidence that your assumption is faulty.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

God I hate that part of the chain.

Really annoys me to no end Blizzard forcing PVE types into pvp.

I spent 6 hours constantly queing for those two BGs before I finally got my wins on my main. Another 4 hours doing it on my druid before I got my wins. My lock is still at that part cause I just can't bring myself to do it again... I HATE PVP so fucking much.

I had this same issue on my Alliance toon; my horde toon was easy to get the wins on, done it on two horde now... Alliance, no way, not gonna happen. You certainly tried more than I did, I only did about 15 games, all lost, and gave up!

Deleted
    Soo.. I buy it. Everything. My conclusion: It's bad quest design. Now... Mr.Blizzard what should he dew?

Im Horde and I have a hard time losing a Silvershard mines, Its crazy how its not 50/50 accross the board. Some the Ally always win (IoC) and some the Horde (Silvershard Mines). Atleast in my experience.

Pay $35 change to horde side, and pay again to get back.

I actually believe him.
    Just run AV, and you will see what I mean.
    Before I reach a tower, alliance already took over 2 towers.

Blizzard will not fix this imbalance.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-10-27 at 04:57 PM.

I didn't say they did state there would be no required. Just seems backwards to make PvE'rs do PvP. I have 2 different sets of Characters. I have my Characters that PvP and have PvP gear, then I have my Characters that PvE and have PvE gear.
    Same as it was always stupid to make PvE gear so good compared to it's PvP counterpart that PvPers were forced to get it to remain competitive, especially in S11 with the bullshit DS trinkets and DW Weapons. Is it stupid? Yes. But considering PvP'ers have had this treatment since Vanilla you really can't complain. It used to be 10 wins for each, I think? Before it was nerfed on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Same as it was always stupid to make PvE gear so good compared to it's PvP counterpart that PvPers were forced to get it to remain competitive, especially in S11 with the bullshit DS trinkets and DW Weapons. Is it stupid? Yes. But considering PvP'ers have had this treatment since Vanilla you really can't complain. It used to be 10 wins for each, I think? Before it was nerfed on the PTR.
    This is intentional.

PvP content doesn't cost anything to develop.
    PvE cnotent has to constantly update.
    Blizzard encourages PvE people to play PvP.

Deleted
    Queue up with 3 fury warriors for Temple > GGWP.

Yes it really is that easy.

what battlegroup are you on, cause I can believe that the SSM is giving you trouble, but i mean ToK cant be like that, you just gotta get ball greedy and do not go in the middle, but also never stop moving. you can do it, dont give up, if you do they win

Considering this is BY FAR the easiest legendary in the game to get, your doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Soo.. I buy it. Everything. My conclusion: It's bad quest design. Now... Mr.Blizzard what should he dew?
    Yes, I agree.. I understand they were trying to bring attention to the new BGs, but putting pvp requirements into a pve legendary questline is part of my grief with it.

Came back to WoW in June this year. Spent a few months messing about and have now leveled up and geared a few different Characters. (a few around 510ilvl, some around 535-540).

My main which I chose to do the Legendary quest with Took me 3 months of doing LFR every week to get my Sigil's and Wisdom's literally got my last one on week 1 of flex wing 1, REALLY bad RNG.

Finally finished my 3 weeks of Valor points, and moved onto the Win a Temple and a Silvershard Mine battle.

Now this is where I've decided to stop trying. In the past 2 weeks I have done 37 Silvershard Mine battles and 23 Temple of Kotmogu. Have won 0 of them.
    Have been trying to get a group of people together in Trade but most people are past this point and can rarely find more than 2-3 people to come along.

At first I thought that 1 win of each wasn't so bad and kind of dismissed the rage of a LOT of Pve'rs who complained about needing to do PvP objectives for a PvE item.

This is where playing on a massively high pop realm on the winning faction paid off for me. I didn't start there. I played eight years (However long of day 1 of vanilla to 5, 6 months ago) on a PVP server as the underdog faction. That old server is now dead as hell. Meanwhile I won my first attempts at those two BGs, and recently helped my raid leader do the same on an alt of his.

Moral of the story? Buck up, save up, give the devil (Blizzard) their due (pay to transfer) and your time spent in wow will be much, much better. My new realm is a PVE realm too, so nobody can gank me no matter how tired I am or what I'm doing or how little attention I'm paying. It's glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    I got my sigils done on my fresh lock in two weeks. How? Normal AND LFR drop them both. I call bullshit on it taking you three months. I did that shit during ToT too.
    I thought you can only get it once per boss though, not difficulty. At least that's how it was originally.

Also so many people jumping down OP's throat without checking the first 3 pages to see that he did post the image of his wins/losses.

10+ Year Old Account

I feel for you man.

2 solutions:

1) download oqueue and find a group

2) pm me and ill use oqueue to form a group and get you the wins

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hate to hurt your ego and all but both LFR and Flex raiding is real raiding.

Both are harder then raiding in Vanillia and most of TBC and harder then everything up to uld in wrath. So by you saying LFR and Flex is not real raiding you are also saying there was no real raids or raiders in Vanillia/TBC/Part of Wrath and I bet a lot of people would disagree with you on that.
    lol LFR and flex harder than naxx 40, TK, BT, and Sunwell? lol k, you clearly didn't play in BC, and you try to justify that lfr and flex is hard because thats all you can do.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    I dont buy it. I couldnt lose 60 games in a row even if i actively tried to sabotage for my team. It just wont happen.
    Whether you buy it or not, that's what's happened. In my case, it wasn't 60 games, but still an impressive amount before i could get that done.
    People join the battleground in (questing) PvE gear, they don't follow advice, flee when they see enemies coming, go on their own to do silly achievements and /gasp under a rainbow while others are busy fighting.
    All while the other team seems to be the most coordinated thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    I agree, LFR and Flex should not be included. Only group raids, on full, not gimped raids.
    Along that line of thinking, what are your thoughts on since it's a legendary only allowing heroic raiders to get it?

I'll wait to hear all of the reasons why normal raiders deserve it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I don't think SSM was 50/50, especially given that Blizzard hotfixed a change to it on Oct 16 to help the alliance.
    oQueue seems to have exaggerated/exacerbated the faction advantages on the battlegrounds that have them. Where there's a real or perceived advantage for one side, that side will show up in premades, and the other side will be the unlucky random sods who didn't get the note. Yes, it's certainly possible to play all day and lose every single match under those conditions. Not just possible but likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennycillin View Post
    Along that line of thinking, what are your thoughts on since it's a legendary only allowing heroic raiders to get it?

I'll wait to hear all of the reasons why normal raiders deserve it.
    Well, heck, why not require a heroic Garrosh kill to get the cloak? Why not simplify it to Garrosh dropping one cloak token per 25m kill (none for 10m). That seems pretty legendary to me.