View Poll Results: Which DPS Spec Should I Roll?

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Druid: Balance

1 7.14%
  • Hunter: Beast Mastery

0 0%
  • Hunter: Marksmanship

2 14.29%
  • Hunter: Survival

1 7.14%
  • Mage: Arcane

2 14.29%
  • Mage: Fire

0 0%
  • Mage: Frost

0 0%
  • Shaman: Elemental

3 21.43%
  • Warlock: Affliction

0 0%
  • Warlock: Demonology

1 7.14%
  • Warlock: Destruction

2 14.29%
  • Other

2 14.29%

Question Re-Rolling and Need Advice from DPS Players [POLL]

Hello all. I'm tossing around the idea of casually leveling a new toon between expansions and would like your suggestions. Here's some background info. Thank you very much for you opinions, I appreciate it.

• For the last +4 years I've played tank exclusively, currently BrM, WAR before that, and pally during most of Wrath. Because I've spent so much of my WoW life with a screen full of boss-crotch, I'm pretty set on a ranged class. But again, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I've dabbled in a few classes here and there, but never rolled a pure DPS class.

• The only raid-level experience I have with DPS is shadow-priest, which I ran as my main during BC. I really enjoyed SP during that time, it had a fun mix of a few dots, a long-cast bomb or two, the channeled mind-fly, and some good hybrid tools (plus they were OP, which never hurts ). I dusted off my old SP last week and really hate it's current incarnation, the orbs felt very meh, and the procs lined up very weirdly.

• I'm not a huge fan of specs that rely a lot on tons of cooldowns, though that doesn't necessarily put a suggestion out of the running.

• Be DPS rank agnostic, I don't care too much who does the most pew-pew right now since I'm most concerned with fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

when you said you did not having big cooldowns that your dps rely's upon, and that you dont care about the dps meter, I was going to suggest shadow priest but then saw that you said you didnt like current shadow priest. I am not sure what to suggest for you, try them all.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Warlock, the supreme dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubplates View Post
    Mage or Lock.
    I'm leaning towards these two as it is, which one do you recommend more? Do any of the mage specs have dots, etc.? How do you like playing with the lock's secondary resources?

Also, poll is now actually up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

Mage. Warlocks are so FoTM right now it's pathetic. I don't think the game has ever had a time when a class has had this much FoTMness. Warlocks have just as much to do with MoP as Pandaren do. The lock population has skyrocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Mage. Warlocks are so FoTM right now it's pathetic. I don't think the game has ever had a time when a class has had this much FoTMness. Warlocks have just as much to do with MoP as Pandaren do.
    Warlocks were pretty ridiculous in T6, but, then again, so were hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Mage. Warlocks are so FoTM right now it's pathetic. I don't think the game has ever had a time when a class has had this much FoTMness. Warlocks have just as much to do with MoP as Pandaren do. The lock population has skyrocketed.
    I see less locks around than mages, actually.

WW monk ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go with FOTM thats what all dps do
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral Druid. If played right, you can outdo most other pure dps class, but not necessarily in numbers. If you're looking for nothing but herpderp numbers, then roll a Frost Mage, they're stupid easy.

But Druids bring a lot to the table, and Bleeds + Mastery on Feral druids makes it really fun (as melee) to do! You also get a group buff, battle rez, and the occasional 8min Tranquility.

(If you don't like meleeing, you can always just pick Balance, but I myself LOVE melee dps now.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but we don't allow these kind of threads. Your choice of class & spec is yours to make, alone. We can't decide for you.