Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Very nice ideas. Way better than anything blizzard came up in the last 2 xpacs for sure.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

I honestly feel I would play this expac. I didn't really enjoy anything after wrath. It felt that they were trying to push things to us that were obviously there all along, but as in mists, "shrouded in secrecy". Can I go to Tirisfal and jump back to a point where it was ran by slavery of the orcs as an alliance? Could I go back to when Stormwind was being built by their stonemasons? Can I see the future of world events, and quest in them? I'd rather enjoy it as long as they could pull off a coherent time line. I don't want the bastions of history destroyed. I want to quest to make it relevant (aka I'm going against the changes of history, or I'm contributing to the current history). I don't want the mythos of this series contradicted or retconned.

Though, I will say being able to queue for 30+ dungeons with a scaling feature, that'd be priceless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    This would be Cataclysm 2.0 - except that this time we will be playing the same content via "timewalking" ...jesus....as much as I am enjoying this thread I hope this does not happen.
    A timewalking expansion wouldn't necessarily involve rehashed content. We could visit areas before the sundering, or at other points in the past (e.g Searing Gorge before Ragnaros' arrival.), in the future, or in alternate timeline (e.g a desert in place of Elwyn Forest, in a timeline where Stormwind was never reclaimed.).

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    A timewalking expansion wouldn't necessarily involve rehashed content. We could visit areas before the sundering, or at other points in the past (e.g Searing Gorge before Ragnaros' arrival.), in the future, or in alternate timeline (e.g a desert in place of Elwyn Forest, in a timeline where Stormwind was never reclaimed.).
    Repurposed, rehashed, it's all the same. If they turn the grass into sand and remove stormwind it's still Elwynn Forest and you can go there without my financial contribution

If they added that leveling feature into the game it would render every expansion beforehand useless. Blizz likes that you to go questing. They do not like you sitting in Que all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Repurposed, rehashed, it's all the same. If they turn the grass into sand and remove stormwind it's still Elwynn Forest and you can go there without my financial contribution
    So what you're saying is the terrain is what's important, and not the overall environment.

That makes sense. Black Morass was basically Blasted Lands and Well of Eternity was the same as the Deathwing fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Even if this isnt real.. Im really really liking this.
    Not me. Id quit. Reusing old zones and artwork is the epitome of laziness and Id argue the majority of players dont want a rehash of the world again for an expansion. It sucked in Cata and it would suck again.

- - - Updated - - -

Its still the same zones possibly with a different landscape and different monsters. Its lame

10+ Year Old Account
    stopped reading after Anduin wielding Ashbringer, no...just no.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    So what you're saying is the terrain is what's important, and not the overall environment.

That makes sense. Black Morass was basically Blasted Lands and Well of Eternity was the same as the Deathwing fight.
    I've been a WC fan since Orcs and Humans. I know what the Black Morass is. Reusing terrain for instances is perfectly okay with me because if it makes sense for the storyline to fight deathwing at wyrmrest temple so be it.

But I've also crossed the greymane wall pre cata, I've had the no mans land debuff. I even rocket jumped from Teldrassil and aimed my doomed corpse towards GM Island (shh.. What dungeon finder bug?)

Exploring new lands is part of the whole.mystique of a new expansion. Repurposed terrain meshes with infinite spell effects on the ground won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Not me. Id quit. Reusing old zones and artwork is the epitome of laziness and Id argue the majority of players dont want a rehash of the world again for an expansion. It sucked in Cata and it would suck again.
    I understand that in Cata we were in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms.. but from 80-85 we quested and leveled in completely new zones that we had never explored before. Sure the zones from 1-60 were completely rehashed but I dont remember visiting any of these areas in order to level up. Now in this "Timewalker" expansion it would use phasing most likely to remake the entire (or most of)world.. but this would honestly be the first time anyone from level 90 would go back to old content in order to level up.. and if they did do the whole "going back in time" they would make the phased version completely different. Anyway a whole load of us would probably never return to these areas unless we were grinding materials for our professions or battling pets due to most players just AFKing in major cities waiting for raid time. So I honestly do not care how many times they remake the world.. if all Im gonna do at max level is sit in the major city waiting for content to be released and fly out once or twice a day to kill a world boss only to end up flying back to the major city and never seeing the outsides area again until I need to farm up mats.
    Last edited by Chat; 2013-10-27 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    I don't really see why it's a big deal for the zone to follow the same layout providing it had different quests, hubs, textures, lore etc. It would look completely different to actual Elwyn Forest. Re-purposing a couple of zones would also allow resources to be funneled elsewhere, into new quests, dungeons, raids etc. Is the fact that a few of the zones are the same basic shape as old zones really so important to your gaming experience?

I don't really see why it's a big deal for the zone to follow the same layout providing it had different quests, hubs, textures, lore etc. It would look completely different to actual Elwyn Forest. Re-purposing a couple of zones would also allow resources to be funneled elsewhere, into new quests, dungeons, raids etc. Is the fact that a few of the zones are the same basic shape as old zones really so important to your gaming experience?
    This is exactly what was done with Cataclysm.

Maybe you should take a moment to go back and see how well it went over.
    A large amount of the player base did NOT like developer time and resources being put into updated and changed versions of old content--It was probably one of the single biggest, most often brought up problems with the expansion.

Even I, who enjoyed the Cataclysm revamp, and playing through old zones would not enjoy an expansion that is "Oh hey, you played through Lordaeron in classic... you played through the NEW Lordearon in Cataclysm.. but now... WATCH OUT... you're going to play through Lordaeron... IN THE PAST, when there was more forests and human cities were around! Coming Soon!"

Except that there's still many places players have been waiting to see; Nazjatar, Argus, Xoroth, K'aresh, Kul Tiras, Zandalar, etc.

I'm not going to spend two years poking around "Elwynn After the first war and filled with infinite dragons" and "Unsundered Aszhara glued to Lordaeron with the well of eternity in the middle" when I've already been waiting a decade for the others and didn't even ask for time travel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murozond View Post
    You, mortal, prevented that timeline from ever coming to pass when you defeated Neltharion. (Thank you for that)
    You know, that is a fair point! The vision of End time was where we killed Muruzond, yet by killing Deathwing that will never happen. So Muruzond is alive and the Infinite Dragonflight still exists. I never thought of it this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You know, that is a fair point! The vision of End time was where we killed Muruzond, yet by killing Deathwing that will never happen. So Muruzond is alive and the Infinite Dragonflight still exists. I never thought of it this way.
    Apprently the timeline we live in isn't the true timeline, but one that has been masked.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    But it had to have happened in one timeline or another, or we never would have gotten there. After all, if the event doesn't occur in our timeline because we killed Deathwing, then how did we ever go unless alternate timelines are a thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    But it had to have happened in one timeline or another, or we never would have gotten there. After all, if the event doesn't occur in our timeline because we killed Deathwing, then how did we ever go unless alternate timelines are a thing?
    They went into the future as if they never stopped Deathwing & failed to do so that is how future without stopping Deathwing was like.

Now that we stopped him, the future is different.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    They went into the future as if they never stopped Deathwing & failed to do so that is how future without stopping Deathwing was like.

Now that we stopped him, the future is different.
    But we did stop Deathwing. So that future doesn't occur on our timeline. But we still went there - how did we go somewhere that doesn't exist on our timeline unless we went to another timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    But we did stop Deathwing. So that future doesn't occur on our timeline. But we still went there - how did we go somewhere that doesn't exist on our timeline unless we went to another timeline?
    A causality paradox. The lowest common denominator of time travel stories.

15+ Year Old Account
    A causality paradox. The lowest common denominator of time travel stories.
    Easily explained with multiple timelines - which we know to exist, because Murozond said he looked to all possible futures and the outcome where we ended up fighting him was the best one for Azeroth.

Now, the whole idea of being us able to step back and forth across those timelines, into an infinite number of worlds, where the infinite dragonflight can interfere...